Acetyl L-Carnitine

I havent been able to get ALCAR in Canada (I believe it’s banned).

Will have to find a vendor in the USA.

I have an old bottle of L-carnitine lying around though.

L-carnitine recently came up in a discussion between myself and a few friends of mine who are into bodybuilding. One of my friends mentioned that l-carnitine may work via increased AR sites or AR sensitivity. There appears to be some evidence to back him up:

bodybuilding.com/fun/l_carnitine_l_tartrate.htm

anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/176910-lclt-androgen-receptor.html

Probably will add this after I finish my current run on creatine.

Sounds good. Will you be trying ALC or LC? Thx.

iherb.com/Source-Naturals-Acetyl-L-Carnitine-Alpha-Lipoic-Acid-650-mg-60-Tablets/1013?at=0

iherb.com/Doctor-s-Best-Best-Acetyl-L-Carnitine-HCl-588-mg-120-Capsules/7779?at=0

Worth a try, bear in mind though, it has been known to lower thyroid levels, so if your thyroid is underactive this may not be a good idea. Personally though my thyroid is overactive so definitely worth a shot.

I’ve been using ALCAR + r-ala +coq10 for 6 years now, basically since i crashed. it was one of the first things that i noticed helps with slight energy boost / clearer thinking. i used to take it every day, but rarely take it anymore.

its a nootropic, so it helps mentally. the l carnitine supposedly is good for fat loss and mitochondria. the acytel group attacheched to the carnitine (hence ALCAR) acts as a nuerotransmitter. slight mental boost.

it is by no means a cure. there are studies that show carnitine adds adrogen receptors to cells, but that study was not with ALCAR or l-carnitine, it was with another from PGCAR or something like that

I’m thinking of taking this supplement, does anyone have any good experiences with it?. Is it safe to take? Would a daily dose of 500mg be the correct dosage.

Its available at a health food shop in the UK:

Have you tried it?
How do you feel?

@Mr.Children, please complete the survey.

1 Like

I tried to do that,but,I don’t know why, I always have errors.Besides I am very busy searching for effective thing on me and studying,and I am tired to read a long sentence in English.
After a little time, I will challenge again.

If it’s of any use, I’ve been on L-Car for 3 weeks now at 2g/day and have not noticed any significant changes good or bad.

Brand: Nowfoods (Liquid variant)

How about acetyl-L- carnitine?
Maybe carnitine is good,too.But I often see acetyl in improvement story.

I’ve been taking 250 mgs a day. I cut the 500mg tablet in half. I feel like it helps, but it’s not a game changer.

I started taking it not for PFS but I read that people with post accutane syndrome recovered with L Carnitine. Fingers crossed it will help.

I have freaking dry skin for 24 years now. Ever since I stopped accutane. In early December 2019 I had oily skin for 3 days for the first time in these 24 years. That time I took a overdose of bpc 157 and couple other things. Together with the skin everything else was recovered for 4-5 days. I was not able to ever reproduce it again.

But that was proof for me that we are not permanently damaged. It is fixable. Just how.

Hopefully Acetyl L Carnitine will help. I started with 250mg.

1 Like

I’ve tried Thorne’s Carnityl product, and it’s had some positive effects (mood, libido). Nothing huge, though. The trouble is that there seems to be a ‘rebound’ where I’m feeling a little worse afterwards. (It’s also possible that going back to baseline feels worse after feeling a little better, I’m not sure).

1 Like

Been dying from dysphagia and aspiration, throat muscles not working good. Anyone have thoughts on these studies about L-Carnitine with regard to muscle atrophy?

1 Like

Yeah, what really matters is whether or not there is a rebound effect.

1 Like

ACL is basically only supplement that helps me when i use it, it gives me some libido boost.

1 Like

What brand and how much do you take?

Some random brand. It was ACL version. Took between 1500mg to 3000mg. When i take it i feel good, as soon as i stop effects wear off.