Accutane, a vitamin A derivative

So I was watching a video from my favourite nutrition nerd when suddenly in his 32 minute video, in 24:57 he mentions how some fellas in the artic killed a polar bear and proceeded to eat its liver, without knowing this would give them Vitamin A intoxication due to it’s high concentration of such said vitamin - Vitamin A accumulation in the liver in, general, is not a great thing.

As a sageway, he mentions how some anti acne drugs, like acutane, are vitamin A derivatives.
Strangely enough, Accutane damages somewhat the liver.

Could the cure of Accutane induced PFS recide in fixing the liver?
Discuss.

2 Likes

No. We have zero indications of liver damage.

Nice find though. It’s worth mentioning that some of those same explorers who found out the hard way that polar bear liver is toxic suffered from what they considered a severe psychosis.

2 Likes

I think I remember a study on how finasteride can cause liver problems-- I will try to find it.

This is the same mechanism behind malaria drug side effects.

There is even a new organization we need to connect with https://quinism.org/

So the drug Lariam/mefloquine/other similars are given to military people that are in malaria areas of the world. It harms the brain then they cannot function. Some are even given a PTSD diagnosis when it is really an adverse drug reaction.

I took this in 1996 and it damaged me and set me up for further damage from Accutane and Propecia.