A very confusing and depressing story.... PLEASE HELP

Hello,

Sorry for the weird title. I had no idea what to write.

My story begins 8 years ago when my girlfriend took me to a doctor to treat my hairfall. He gave me 10% minoxidal, a shampoo and a pill. I have no idea what those pills were but he assured me that it wasn’t propecia. I was using nizoral on my own earlier. He told me stop that one. I definitely remember that from the first doze itself I started having testicle pain. There were also periods when my heart beating would increase suddenly. Naturally I stopped the medication after a couple of days and went back to the doctor. He again assured me that he hadn’t given anything that can cause such issues. That it was in my head. But I couldn’t bring myself to continue the meds. I stopped. But the pain didn’t. Within a week I had severe atrophy in my testicles, specially the left one. My penis looked smaller, softer and had all these veins visible that were not there before. I was scared a shitless. I visited 3 different urologists in this period. Nobody thought there was any problem. I begged them to have my t level, sperm count, testicles tested. So one of them gave me a prescription. My testicles had no vericocele. Sperm count was well above average. But my t level was very low (300-400) . Doctors completely ignored it and told me not to worry. I couldn’t do anything so I accepted it and thought it will get better. The testicle pain reduced in some time so instead of daily it was a weekly occurence but the atrophy never reversed.

After about 3 years I started 5% minox and nizoral again. Just these two, nothing else. And within two months I and my family noticed regrowth in my crown area. I was so happy. But slowly testicular pain was creeping back in. I chose to ignore it for the sake of my hair. Then at about 6 month mark of the usage all the hair I had regrown started to shed again. I had changed nothing. It felt that the meds just stopped working suddenly. My crown area had a tremendous shed in like weeks. I was back to square one just like that. Plus I had testicular pain. I thought it was minox that messed with my sexual organs so I stopped it. It wasn’t helping with hairfall anyway. I continued nizoral though. Testicle problems continued but I never once suspected nizoral. Cuz it was ‘just a shampoo’. Again couple months passed and i suffered in silence. My shedding was not stopping so I decided to stop using nizoral too. I admitted it was a losing battle against baldness so I gave in and accepted it.

Within weeks my testicle pain reduced and eventually went away. So first question I have is, was it really Nizoral that messed me up? In terms of hair fall meds, Nizoral is the one I had used the longest. And after stopping it my testicle pain reduced. Have any of you experienced the same with Nizoral?

It’s been now close to 4 years that I’ve not taken any meds, whatsoever. But my shrinkage is still there. My erections are week. My erect penis has reduced from almost 8" To less than 5.5" . And even then it’s never rock hard. I suffer from pre ejaculation. I cum in like seconds , literally. It’s destroying my life and my confidence. And the problem is I have no idea how did I get this. Why is it not reversing even after years of not touching any meds? Did that fucking doctor actually gave me propecia and can it have such severe effects in just 4-5 doses??? Only thing I am sure is, this problem started with my baldness meds, 8 years ago. Did nizoral cause it? Or minox?

Am I ever going to get better? Will it be of any help if I go back to a urologist? Will they help or just dismiss me again. Kindly help in any way you can please. I am losing my mind and will appreciate all comments.

Really sorry for the long post. But I really needed to tell someone as I don’t have anyone in my life with whom I can share this .

1 Like

Sorry to hear about your situation.

Have you tried to get a copy of your medical records? This should contain the prescribing information about the pills. Countries in Europe will have a method for you to get a copy of your medical records. Usually you fill out a form then you can get the copies. If the medical staff are causing problems, don’t engage with them face-to-face - put your request for your records into an assertive letter and hand deliver it.

Confirming that you took Propecia won’t solve your medical issues, but it will at least give you closure on that aspect of the problem.

1 Like

Thanks for the comment, mate. Unfortunately I am not in Europe. We usually get a hand written note on a letter head by the doctor as prescription. I don’t have it now and I am sure there’s no system placed here to track it. :pensive:

Hi @Baldie,

Very sorry to see another sufferer join our ranks. Hopefully you are still young and there will be a solution to this condition in the form of a treatment or cure in the coming years.

I can’t give you any advice on how to handle disbelieving doctors because I have had the same experience. They build up a mental wall to what, in their minds, is the impossible.

Have you thought about posting a more detailed member story?

3 Likes

Holy shit your story is similar to mine!!!
I took the shampoo regenepure DR which contains ketokonzole the same ingredient as Nizoral!!! I have severe genital shrinkage as well along with testicular shrinkage. Do you also suffer from Fatigue and joint pain??

Also your testosterone levels are strikingly similar to mine as well I’m at 370 last I checked.

1 Like

aside from the pill each of the other things u have used caused PFS in many other people, so assuming that the pill was not generic propecia(which is very likely it was) it is very likely that u have a degree of PFS caused by topical solutions you have used(+ the pill)

1 Like

Thanks.

I am 28 now so yeah my ‘good years’ will be over really soon . Lol. :frowning:
I’ll surely check out member stories and try to post mine.

1 Like

Hii. Yes I am leaning towards ketokonzole too when it comes to what fucked me up. It’s shocking as it can have such adverse effects just being a shampoo.

Did your condition ever get better. I just started taking ketokonzole shampoo a little over 2 weeks ago. I started getting joint pain, especially in my knees. Then pain in my left testicle and pelvis area. Last night I noticed that my erection wasn’t as strong as it usually is but just wrote it off to being stressed with things on my mind but today I can barely get one and when I do it’s not as long or as thick and hard as usual. I started searching the web for the pain that I’ve been having and came across this forum. I’m losing my mind and can’t believe that after only a few uses that I could be having issues like this.

Did your condition ever get better. I just started taking ketokonzole shampoo a little over 2 weeks ago. I started getting joint pain, especially in my knees. Then pain in my left testicle and pelvis area. Last night I noticed that my erection wasn’t as strong as it usually is but just wrote it off to being stressed with things on my mind but today I can barely get one and when I do it’s not as long or as thick and hard as usual. I started searching the web for the pain that I’ve been having and came across this forum. I’m losing my mind and can’t believe that after only a few uses that I could be having issues like this.

Even have the visible veins like you mentioned.