A new Victim From Argentina

1. Where are you from (country)? ARGENTINA

2. How did you find this forum (Google search – if so, what search terms? Via link from a forum or website – if so, what page? Other?) GOOGLE

3. What is your current age, height, weight? 24 y/o , 65 Kg.

4. Do you excercise regularly? If so, what type of excercise? Yes, Running and Soccer

5. What type of diet do you eat (vegetarian, meat eater, raw, fast-food/organic healthy)? A complete diet, try to eliminate fast food

6. Why did you take Finasteride (hair loss, BPH, other)? Hair Loss

7. For how long did you take Finasteride (weeks/months/years)? 1 Year

8. How old were you, and WHEN (date) did you start Finasteride? 23

9. How old were you when you quit, and WHEN (date) did you quit? 24

10. How did you quit (cold turkey or taper off)? Taper off

11. What type of Finasteride did you use – Propecia, Proscar, Fincar or other generic? Propecia

12. What dose did you take (eg. 1 mg/day, 1 mg every other day etc.)? 1 Mg.

13. How long into your use of Finasteride did you notice the onset of side effects? at the 3 month

14. What side effects did you experience while on the drug that have yet to resolve since discontinuation? Erectyle disfuncion, loss of libido (zero libido), lost of spontaneus erecction, low sperm and eyaculation.

Put an X beside all that apply:

Sexual
[X ] Loss of Libido / Sex Drive
[X ] Erectile Dysfunction
[ ] Complete Impotence
[X ] Loss of Morning Erections
[X ] Loss of Spontaneous Erections
[X ] Loss of Nocturnal Erections
[ ] Watery Ejaculate
[X ] Reduced Ejaculate
[ ] Inability to Ejaculate / Orgasm
[X ] Reduced Sperm Count / Motility

Mental
[ ] Emotional Blunting / Emotionally Flat
[ ] Difficulty Focusing / Concentrating
[ ] Confusion
[X ] Memory Loss / Forgetfullness
[ ] Stumbling over Words / Losing Train of Thought
[X ] Slurring of Speech
[X ] Lack of Motivation / Feeling Passive / Complacency
[ ] Extreme Anxiety / Panic Attacks
[ ] Depression / Melancholy

Physical
[ ] Penile Tissue Changes (narrowing, shrinkage, wrinkled)
[ ] Penis curvature / rotation on axis
[X ] Testicular Pain
[ ] Testicular Shrinkage / Loss of Fullness
[ ] Genital numbness / sensitivity decrease
[ ] Weight Gain
[X ] Gynecomastia (male breasts)
[ ] Muscle Wastage
[ ] Muscle Weakness
[ ] Joint Pain
[ ] Dry / Dark Circles under eyes

Misc
[X ] Prostate pain
[ ] Persistent Fatigue / Exhaustion
[ ] Stomach Pains / Digestion Problems
[ ] Constipation / “Poo Pellets”
[X ] Vision - Acuity Decrease / Blurriness
[ ] Increased hair loss
[ ] Frequent urination
[ ] Lowered body temperature

[ ] Other (please explain)

1. What (if any) treatments have you undertaken to recover from your side effects since discontinuation of the drug? Maca, Arginine, tribulus terrestis, hoat goat weed.

2. If you have pre or post-Finasteride bloodtests, what hormonal changes have you encountered since discontinuing the drug (pls post your test results in the “Blood Tests” section and link to them in your post)? I dont have pre…

3. Anything not listed in the above questions you’d like to share about your experience with Finasteride?

4. Tell us your story, in your own words, about your Finasteride usage and side effects experienced while on/off the drug.

Well, sorry for my poor english. I am from Argentina and i took propecia at 23 y/o for hair loss …i felt the first syntoms 2 o 3 month after the first intake. A loss of libido and weak erecctions think that with the time it will be better. 10 months later the things get worse and i have terrible problems with my sexualy. I decided to left the poision and there is when my problems increase. My last pill of propecia was in July 2010. Now 8 month later i am really really bad sexualy. I have zero libido, less than when i take the pill, i can have a hard erecction but with a lot of stimulation. I don, t have spontaneus erections and i don,t want to have sex anymore!!! i am only 24 years old and i frecuented to have sex 2 or 3 times per day. My eyaculation is very low and all is really sad.

There are my hormonal test 1 month later my last pill:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4864&p=33974#p33974

So sorry you are here, brother. But welcome. I hope you find this site useful. I only joined last month but it’s been incredibly helpful for me so far.

damielmillo,

sorry you have to join us here, but welcome anyway.

I’m interested to know if you have loss of sensation in your penis when having sex as well. It seems there is large number of us that have this side effect as well.

I would recommend that you get blood work done quickly, with as many hormones as possible. If you go to the main web page, you can find a list of recommended hormones to test for.

Hello, thanks for the reply. I think i have 50 % less sensation when i have sex. The sensation is only when the penis is erects.
There are my hormonal blood.

DELTA 4 ANDROSTENEDIONE 2.45 ng/ml Range Man: 0.30 - 2.63 ng/ml
ESTRADIOL 17-BETA 36.2 pg/ml Range Men: < 42.6 pg/ml
FSH 2.23 Range 1.50 -12.40 mUI/ml
LH 5.31 mUI/ml Range Men…: 1.70-8.60 mUI/ml
PROLACTIN 16 ng/ml Range Men: 3.0 a 17.0 ng/ml
SERUM TESTOSTERONE 4.56 ng/ml Ranfe Men: 2.18-9.06 ng/ml
TESTOSTERONE FREE 55.24 pmol/l RAnge Men:20 a 39 Years: 31.0 a 94.0 pmol/l
SHBG 31.3 nmol/l Range Adult Men: 13.0 - 71.0 nmol/l
VITAMIN D 25 HIDROXI 27.7 ng/ml Range Hipovitaminosis: 20.0 a 30.0 ng/ml
Suficience : 30.0 a 100.0 ng/ml
TSH 2.95 uUI/ml Range Men : 0.28 a 5.00 uUI/ml
DHEA 14.8 ng/ml Range Men: 1.5-9.0 ng/ml
SERUM CORTISOL 23.85 ug/dl Range : 6.2 a 19.4 æg/dl
T4 FREE: 1.33 (.6-1.7)
ANDROSTANEDIOL GLUCURONIDO 5.1 ng/ml Range 3.4 - 22.0 ng/ml

I think i have very low FSH and 3 aAdiol-G

damielmillo,

The loss of sensation seems to be very common amoung us guys.

For your next round of blood work, I would add Total T3, T4, Free T3, Free T4 as well. Your cortisol high and your DHEA as well. Could be an indication somethings not right with your adrenals or thyroid.

I noticed you checked off a lack of motivation. Imagine you have the other symptoms like loss of energy, difficulty focusing, etc. Google Thryroid symptoms and see if fits your situation. It’s a good starting point. Take your body temp several times a day and see what it’s testing at.

I have this 2 test for thyroid and i think is ok, i think my problem is adrenal.
I tested on December, and again on Febrary, 2 month later and my LH, FSH and FREE Testosterone are lower. NOT out the range but i say that 2 month later it must be higher than December…
I don´t know… I have NO libido… 15 % as i could be…my erections i think improve a little and i have some nocturnal erections…spontaneous erections never since 2 years at least…
i am thinking in HCG and see if i improve the libido…
What is your treatment for your sexual side effects?
Sorry for my english.

Bye!!

Heyy!!! I Just sent you an email, I’m from Argentina like you. I’m from Floresta.
If is there anyone else in Argentina that is going throuw the same i hope you’re get in touch with me.

O would like yo be in touch with u … i am from Venezuela :venezuela:

Just for your information, @damielmillo hasn’t signed in for 6 years so you might not get a response.

1 Like

How are you? How are your symptoms?

Hi bro, just write me.