A new hope or false optimism?

I’ve been going through a hard period over the last few months because my symptoms have increased for no apparent reason. I did what most of us do when we are depressed about this syndrome: I resorted to the internet in a futile attempt to find optimism that things will improve. To my surprise, I came upon an article by Dr. Healy titled “A Cure for PSSD, PFS, and Post-Isotretinoin Syndrome” that gave me the optimism I needed.

I haven’t seen this really discussed on this forum (my apologies if this article has already been addressed and I just missed it). I’d love to hear your thoughts on this, as it appears to be very positive news.

Article link: https://rxisk.org/a-cure-for-pssd-pfs-and-post-isotretinoin-syndrome/

For an explanation and two INUSpherese® you are on average between 5,600 euros and 5,800 euros. If you have any further questions about the INUSpherese® costs, please do not hesitate to contact us. (Google search)

Biologicum, Hamburg; Biologicum, Baden-Baden, Germany; ALPSTEIN CLINIC, Gais, Switzerland …

are waiting for your money and your quick fix hopes, what in my opinion is so urgent need to find a basic way out of pfs, pssd and pas.

But after more than two years in, I sometimes have lost any hope that the majority of the communites get once active to fight the pharma cartels, get the dangerous drugs from the market, support awarness to warn inocent children and young adults to fck up their lifes and try to find the root cases and to find a real cure.

Why? More than ever people are speaking publicly about this problem and giving money to high-quality research.

3 Likes

You are right @Erik and @keeppushingforward, I’m sometimes to pessimistic! Maybe related to my personal situation.

Never before so many patients have gone public and never before so hopeful studies have been on the way before! And more and more are joining the great momentum.

2 Likes

Like a lot of this type of thing, this article seems to pile a lot of weight on a weak premise.
Personally what I scour for is an understanding of PFS that matches my own. When I do find it it’s usually in the form of a desperate personal inventory and not a research publication.

If the article began with “such and such researcher has been studying overlapping syndromes that include exercise-resistant muscle loss, facial wastage and disfigurement, gum recession, and overall genetic structural changes” my sunken, wrinkled eyes would widen in anticipation. If they threw in ‘they’re also looking into sudden onset fatigue and resistance to the effects of alcohol and caffeine’ I’d probably sell my belongings and follow the researcher around like the Grateful Dead.

But “Thalidomide also causes sexual dysfunction and suicidality” induced in me only an involutary eye roll and wanking motion that the remainder of the article did not abate. So that’s my thought on it.

On the other hand the article is titled “A Cure for PSSD, PFS and Post-Isotretinoin Syndrome”.

4 Likes

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the post. I agree with the fact it appears to be a relatively little discovery to warrant such a strong label as a “cure” for these post-drug disorders. The paper also mentions “a possible treatment for PSSD, PFS, Post Isotretinoin syndromes, and Enduring Withdrawal Syndromes has emerged” but fails to clarify how this is so.

I would be more cautious if it were some unknown author, but Dr Healy, despite various criticism he has received from community members, has done so much to raise awareness of these conditions. I find it difficult to believe he would say such things if they were not some element of truth behind.

1 Like