A message from Hypo-is-Here

For those who may recall him, Hypo-is-Here is a member of this site who has provided invaluable knowledge and expertise surrounding hormonal issues.

Although he himself did not take Finasteride, he has experience with androgen replacement therapy and was thus a valuable contributor to our discussions. Unfortunately he became very ill as of last year and had taken a hiatus from posting.

I received the following PM from Hypo a few weeks ago and have decided to post it, on his behalf. Glad to know he is still around, even if from afar.

Message from Hypo-is-Here:

Just wanted to wish you and all the forum members my best wishes!

I am still dealing with health issues hence the reason for not posting on health forums generally…

I hope you are doing better given the passage of time given your own fin issues?

I have made two posts about health issues in the last few months and one was warning a guy away from fin, so you can but hope that people listen when warned of the dangers.

If you could pass on my heartfelt wishes to all the members dealing with fin issues I would certainly appreciate it, especially as energy/posting is an issue for me.

I was unable to reply to a number of pms due to ongoing issues something that is regretful, I hope that those attempting to contact me managed to gain the help they were looking for on the board…hopefully.

I hope that the board is going well and continuing to provide hope and support for those that get here, at least as much as possible given the effects people are left with.

With great people like youself offering balanced support and a place to speak freely about what can be a lonely and debilitating issue, I am sure that fin suffers are truly gratreful for this place, you and those that put a lot of time and effort in and all that the site offers (even where it is that voice that assures someone that they are not alone orlosing the plot mentally).

I hope that the issues surrounding finasteride become more widely understood in the not to distant future and some kind of breakthrough found that results in an effective treatmet for all.

All the best to you and everyone here.

Regards,

Hypo-is-Here

I really wish Hypo-is-here the best of lucks. Although I haven’t coincided with him I read a lot of his posts bringing help and care. In his last post he explained he had to leave the forum for health reasons.

I hope we can have him with us again because that will mean he’ll have recovered.

I wish “Hypo-is-here” a good recovery. Not only that he is a good contributor in this forum but he is also respected very highly in gynecomastia forum. Infact it was through reading many of his posts in
gynecomastia forum that lead me to wonder what is the cause behind my
gyno and thus lead to this forum eventually.

To put it simple, he is a good man in a unique way.

Indeed, anyone helping another person when they don’t have to is commendable, and it reassures me that Hypo has done this successfully more than once. The fact that he was able to trump inadequate docs on this terrible mystery and restore some ppls health is amazing and speaks loads on the medical community’s widespread ignorance and apathy toward this post finasteride syndrome. I was also impressed by his knowledge of finasteride’s impact on hormones and conviction towards facts over speculation. I’ve found his posts uplifting in hopes that this catastrophe can be reversed, especially thru evidence of docs who dismiss this as psychosomatic being either completely wrong or apathetic.

Wishing you the best Hypo, and I look forward to your posts again soon once you have your health back. You are invaluable contributor to the truth of this mystery becoming known. :slight_smile: