A man undergoes voluntary "chemical castration" with Saw Palmetto

<<In 1995 at 42 y.o. I search infos on the web about castration. I’ve discovered Yahoo groups and Eunuch .org. I found out about chemical castration and I started to used a natural product called “Saw Palmetto” this acts like “finasteride” an anti androgen. The transition went smooth. Within few months I could no longer get an erection and it didn’t bothered me because I had no desire for sex. Like other chemical castration this doesn’t eliminate all sex drive but brings it to a low level not enough to have an urge for sex. So I was satisfied being sexless. This went on for 8 years, this is why I said castration is not all that bad, other wise I’d have quit long before. During that period I was doing office work. I already had some side effects but they were bearable. I switched jobs to field work, first I thought I was out of shape but it went from bad to worst and I couldn’t do it any more. The castration side effects were just unbearable and I was very depressed. I quit the anti androgen, after few months my T level remained close to castration level. In 2005, my doctor suggested me to start Testosterone Replacement Therapy and I am on it since then. I’ve regained my sexual functions but my libido is still under control. I rarely have sex, perhaps once a year. I suggest to all castrated men to be very cautious about theirs health, eat healthy, take vitamin D and calcium, exercise everyday, keep your weight under control and don’t expect to work as hard as intact men. Castrated men are diminished men. If you remain fit you should avoid castration side effects. Good luck to all.

You may post it if you want perhaps this could help others. I’m opposed to mandatory castration for sex criminals but I support castration as therapy not only for criminals but for all men who ask for it. There are a lot of men that wish to be castrated , we all have our own reasons.

-Jacques 6/28/2013>>

4 Likes

Jesus this is horrible, so even with TRT he never fully went back to normal

I felt sick reading that just awful.

2 Likes

Dude i just can’t believe I decided to take this poison and not knowing that it was used as a castrating chemical smh.

2 Likes

Amazing that this stuff is on sale in local health food stores - and readily available online with no warnings.

3 Likes

It’s everywhere man, I wonder how many people have PFS from saw palmetto and still haven’t linked it to this condition.

1 Like

You could easily make the case that these drugs are a producing a slow-burn public health crisis. Saw Palmetto, Accutane, Finasteride, SSRIs - all of them diminishing libido and erectile function to varying degrees. But all remain in the market. Stunning.

1 Like