A letter to you, forum

I’ve resumed my monthly donations.

I would advise members that whatever squabbling happens, whatever the tone and degree of censorship you experience and whatever your stance on this forum and prevailing attitude of participants in all roles the foundation does stand apart from that, and quite simply is deserving of some effort on my part to support them and their research. Just on that basis alone I decided to contribute again and if that approach resonates with you, and you can disengage this forum from the actual good work the foundation itself is trying to achieve then do consider doing that if you can afford it.

2 Likes

Everytime someone answering your claims and thoughts your suggestion is always that we havent understand what you written and need to read it again. Thats not the case and a bit irritating when arguing.

But whats the problem exactly? Were still waiting for Baylor 2.0 coming out any day soon right? I have no clue because no one give us any information and every thread discussion topics like that gets deleted. And i´m here for finding something to help me elevate some of my problems because i get worse every year.

1 Like

Well, I’ve already said things very clearly. When people reply to things I haven’t said, what do you expect me to do? I’m sorry it’s irritating for you but imagine what it’s like for me. I haven’t said anything about therapeutic efforts but here you are criticising my stance on it. How annoying do you think that is for me?

And thats not the case and I been quoting you with examples were i didnt agree with you.

Anyway im sorry for calling you things. Im having an extremly bad period for some time and this doesnt help at all. Sorry, you didnt deserve this. The thing is that were waiting for baylor soon right? I dont think i can cope so much longer in this state and no information + banning threats which discuss upcoming of baylor does not make it better either.

I’d like to add and hope its not out of turn but this disease robs us of the ability to feel pleasure and positive emotions. The PFS baseline is one of negativity, inflexibility etc which translates into the worst outcome scenario of thoughts. For me it’s one of the worst sides and I see it play out in my own behaviours. I also see it on the forum, taking a step back and showing each other understanding and empathy would be much better. Something I strive to do myself. Please don’t shoot me down.:heart:

1 Like

Very necessary discussion brought up in this post, and I see reason in both sides of the argument (“cold hard money” vs “justice with your own hands”), and although i advocate for more dialogue and transparency, please dont make this post personal and in advance I mean no disrespect to anybody in what I am about to write.

Research is not going forward because of low funds. People do not fund because they do not see commitment with immediate results (we only live once, and why would we keep donating after 15 years just to get our hopes “Harvarded” of “Baylored” and after all this time not even be able to claim our disease and explain this condition to others without sounding conspirationist?). I am new to the group and still to understand much of the dynamics in here, but from what i can tell up to now from both sides is that this “donate-your-change” mode has beared all its fruits.

There is reason when said that we are an obscure minority, but do we not hold the truth about our condition, despite all odds? Is this not a classic scenario where the gatekeepers of our society(pharmaceuticals, MDs, FDA, etc) have failed us, but where the truth about its potential dangers and their cure would bring joy and well-being to a fairly large group of people (considering affected and to-be-affected people amongst ADs, 5a blockers and roaccutane, and their potentially common destructive mechanism)? Where the odds are low, being right can turn into big profits (remember the Big Short?). Maybe turning this huge problem into a profiting opportunity might raise the community (and investors’) interest instead?

(One redundant P cut off: blame it on the brain fog) Side-note: FDA approved science can be achieved without all the slow motion, thorough bureaucracy implied here- just look at finasteride, vioxx, etc.

I am no expert, but it seems to me that running a business plan is much more likely to move us forward (and most likely by those more familiar with our finasteride problem in the USA. Let’s face it, that is where the money is, and that is where 9 out of 10 medical patents are). Say we constitute a company, attract cientists as well as investors selling shares of the outcomes (say intelectual property of papers, cure-drug royalties and maybe even law suits settlements from Merck and others after the withdrawal of their poison - again, I am no expert and never had a business, just food for thought) . If people can smell profit, money will surely rush in. And that applies even to scientists themselves, I do not believe one single scientific authority would not seat on the table with those cards on it, as long as they are convinced that the chances of writing their names in history outweights the risks of backlash from the establishment.

We have to use the system’s strengths and weaknesses in our benefit if we want to stand any chance of succeeding, and I believe that means a more capitalist approach. We need to sharpen ourselves if we want this to head anywhere. If there were an organization selling me both the potential cure in a well-structured plan where I can also potentially cash in, I bet anyone here we would gather that money among less than 10 members.

IMO it all boils down to raising interest in profit instead of pity for “men who cant get it up” in order to achieve results. The current model is doomed, but I trust the good hearted people in the foundation and in this group and our scent for profit, as well as everybodyelse’s (we are all for profiting for a good cause, arent we?).

Wish us all the best in this endeavour, and thanks for sharing the platform.

5 Likes

Interesting thought

It’s these types of out of the box ideas that we have to give a try in order to have huge breakthroughs

We can’t just rely on inch by inch type of maneuvers

But these ideas generally get ignored by everyone Because no one either wants to try them due to complexities and confusion

The first step however is to just get started with the initiative and let it all roll from there

Anyway just my thoughts

I hope this post doesn’t get ignored

Hello guys, so I’m willing to donate and do something about it. When the next study about pfs will release and what is the main aim of it? Do we have a glimpse of what actually is pfs?

Do we have any info how much these studies cost? Like I’m really willin to give some cash but it has to be under our control and we have to have some updates. Second think is how many of you are willing to donate.

My last question, what about crispr? And i know it seems weird but maybe we can contact some researchers in China and they would be willing to look at it?

1 Like

next study is Melcangi , he gonna study neurotransmitters , it cost 160 000 $

2 Likes

When it will release?

When you have generously donated and can pay for it.

1 Like

Oh I thought this study is happening now. I heard about a study which should be released next month, which one is it?

Next month is Baylor, American study.

Thank you. What is this study aiming for?

Baylor will hopefully give us DNA level information

Suspected theory is dna methylation (gene silencing)

Hopefully Baylor confirms and we move forward

Suppose some genes are methylated. What can we do about it?

I’m sad that this discussion has ended up back at Baylor and how can we individually fix this.

2 Likes

But what can we really do? We are not scientists.

That’s exactly the question we have to ask ourselves. We are not scientists. So, we need to get scientists involved. But scientists won’t just knock on our door to work for us. So, we have to find them. The forum staff and the Foundation are working on that. But to get scientists to work for us, we need money. And we need to raise awareness for this condition.

If hundreds of people would do that, we would be further ahead. We need to be heard. People just don’t know we exist. When there is more awareness, we will find all these people who have these symptoms but haven’t made the connection to these drugs yet. More people -> more resources -> more interest from scientists. And, obviously, we think this is a public health problem beyond just Finasteride. When awareness of this increases, so will interest to study our condition. But we won’t be heard, when all we do is discuss Tribulus for the hundreds time. I am not saying, do not discuss it, but do some of the things above as well.

5 Likes

This is the approach I have completely [my edit ofc] and I feel the very very best summary of the thinking I subscribe to. Well said.