A Horrifying Thought

DNA is like your source code. But it can still be repaired if the damage is not big enough. Shorting of DNA is a normal process in aging.

But I really doubt PFS is DNA damage for most guys. A lot of people get very bad symptoms from very few pills. It’s very unlikely the DNA get damaged so badly you develop PFS in such a short time span.

My honest opinion is it’s some sort of negative feedback loop ……where the body thinks the new normal or “baseline “ is poor erections , poor sleep , poor anxiety/depression , poor Anhedonia , and it doesn’t try to rectify these things as it thinks this is the new baseline .
That to me seems more feasible, as scary as the dna damage does sound .

There are after all many people on here who get ‘better ‘ over time ( I’m not saying ‘cured’ just better !) who then leave and can go on to lead fairly normal lives . Paul Innes is one I can think of , he was really bad and went on national UK tv at one stage . I hear he has done better over the years , now runs marathons etc

1 Like

Paul Inness recovered via TRT, he displayed low T symptoms which is no doubt a form of PFS. He was one of the lucky ones who responded to hormone therapy.

1 Like

@Wings lowered levels of certain neurosteroids and the hormonal imbalance are causing chaos in your thinking. I have this most if not all of the time. It makes for catastrophic thoughts. I try to take a step back from these behaviours especially when articulating myself as I’ve discovered over the years it has gotten me nowhere and has only served to upset me even further. I try to reposition myself/ the thoughts to who I was prior to this and think how I would see things and respond… I then push that forward using the old me no matter how hard. It’s one of the many coping strategies I’ve developed. Being into your fourth year doesn’t put you past the point of improvements. There are guys who took longer. Never give up hope you have to find strength to believe. .

Man, have faith in you body.

Our bodies are the results of millions of years of evolution. A smart machine who made its way throught war, pandemics, and difficulties of any kind.

We are the dumbasses who watch Netflix and take Finasteride.

1 Like

Wasn’t the rumor of what they found “dna fragmentation” or was that what they did find in those women? Thid garbage has went on for so long I can’t even remember anymore :upside_down_face:

1 Like

The fact that many (not all) experience a recovery and then a crash In my opinion does not signal dna damage. It means everything was working again and then boom

1 Like

There it is…Dna damage, damage to genes altering gene expression etc…

This is so inaccurate. Please provide solid evidence that anyone has truelly recovered?and don’t share the recovery thread. If you or anyone feels those post are believable than I challenge them to replicate those recoveries and then tell me how you really feel.People are simply managing their symptoms like someone who has a chronic illness, which we have, treats it. You read a convincing post that someone recovered and then weeks , months they’re back here trying the next thing. This is my opinion so I’m biased but it’s what I’ve gathered over the last 10 or 11 years of being sick.
The good thing about what I’m saying is that for some people and for most have found ways to treat or manage the symptoms to feel better. That’s huge and people should understand that searching for that is more realistic than finding a cure today.

1 Like

If you or anyone feels those post about Finasteride side effect are believable, than I challenge them to take Finasteride themselves and tell me how they really feel.

1 Like

11 years and you haven’t realized yet that the same compounds does wonders for a person and crashes another?

I’ll never understand this attitude. I mean, for real. How can you “produce evidence” that someone really recovered, if you can’t produce evidence of anyone being sick with PFS in the first place?

1 Like

That’s what treating or managing is, find what works for you. Unluckily you might get worse before you find what makes you better.

It sounds like we’re on the same page.

If you want proof of healing produce proof of disease.

Can’t prove to be cured from a disease you can’t diagnose, if not anecdotally.

1 Like

Okay tell that to someone who is terminal

I was talking about PFS, there many ways to prove you have cancer.

Ask yourself how you feel after/during taking finasteride or Accutane or an SSRI and what brought you here. Do you really need to go any further? Whether you can get a diagnosis or not doesn’t mean it’s not happening. Is there a test for the common cold? Not that I’m aware of, you just know.

So let me get this straight.

You feel sick, you are legitimately sick and you have PFS.

You feel healed, you are not healed.

Did I get it right?

1 Like

Right.
You feel healed , you tell people you are but you are not. You are managing your symptoms with certain supplements and lifestyle changes. Take those away and you are back to square one. Just like this debate we have just came full circle.