A Horrifying Thought

Wasn’t the rumor of what they found “dna fragmentation” or was that what they did find in those women? Thid garbage has went on for so long I can’t even remember anymore :upside_down_face:

1 Like

The fact that many (not all) experience a recovery and then a crash In my opinion does not signal dna damage. It means everything was working again and then boom

1 Like

There it is…Dna damage, damage to genes altering gene expression etc…

This is so inaccurate. Please provide solid evidence that anyone has truelly recovered?and don’t share the recovery thread. If you or anyone feels those post are believable than I challenge them to replicate those recoveries and then tell me how you really feel.People are simply managing their symptoms like someone who has a chronic illness, which we have, treats it. You read a convincing post that someone recovered and then weeks , months they’re back here trying the next thing. This is my opinion so I’m biased but it’s what I’ve gathered over the last 10 or 11 years of being sick.
The good thing about what I’m saying is that for some people and for most have found ways to treat or manage the symptoms to feel better. That’s huge and people should understand that searching for that is more realistic than finding a cure today.

1 Like

If you or anyone feels those post about Finasteride side effect are believable, than I challenge them to take Finasteride themselves and tell me how they really feel.

1 Like

11 years and you haven’t realized yet that the same compounds does wonders for a person and crashes another?

I’ll never understand this attitude. I mean, for real. How can you “produce evidence” that someone really recovered, if you can’t produce evidence of anyone being sick with PFS in the first place?

1 Like

That’s what treating or managing is, find what works for you. Unluckily you might get worse before you find what makes you better.

It sounds like we’re on the same page.

If you want proof of healing produce proof of disease.

Can’t prove to be cured from a disease you can’t diagnose, if not anecdotally.

1 Like

Okay tell that to someone who is terminal

I was talking about PFS, there many ways to prove you have cancer.

Ask yourself how you feel after/during taking finasteride or Accutane or an SSRI and what brought you here. Do you really need to go any further? Whether you can get a diagnosis or not doesn’t mean it’s not happening. Is there a test for the common cold? Not that I’m aware of, you just know.

So let me get this straight.

You feel sick, you are legitimately sick and you have PFS.

You feel healed, you are not healed.

Did I get it right?

1 Like

Right.
You feel healed , you tell people you are but you are not. You are managing your symptoms with certain supplements and lifestyle changes. Take those away and you are back to square one. Just like this debate we have just came full circle.

Not really, but I’m not gonna push further.

I’m sorry you’re not getting better, but a lot of people have. Coming from someone who is deep troubles.

Take those away and you are back to square one.

Not necessarily.

Some people like mariovitali, jorden and others, were able to use supplements just as a trigger, and then could quit them.

I was able to fix my nails with 3-4 weeks of Vit C 250mg per day.

Dropped it around october/november, improvements have stayed.

Am I healed from PFS? Oh, not even close. But that’s one PFS-related symptom I don’t have to deal with anymore, without ongoing use of any supplement.

Consider also the temporary recoveries, the worsening and returning to pfs baseline some experience. I am a firm believer that things aren’t irreversibly damaged.

3 Likes

@Wings I can understand your Frustration. So we have to live with a chronic permanent diasease. For me 60 yo it is allready hard to live the live of an 80 yo man. For the Young ones it must be much harder to life a live being damaged. But among the Young ones for example in the German subgroup Here, there are some Guys doing Body Workout, going for a Job, living Like a real normal live. Other severe cases are bedbound.

Your argument is appealing as peoples perceptions and false imaginations can not be cured but the same logic applies on us too and merck and the medical science community has been saying the same for us that it is all in our brain and the drug is otherwise safe.

I truly agree with you. Its been 7 years and I am almost there where I was when I left finasteride. It’s just that I have learned to live with it, convince myself that it’s ok and there are other things to look after.
I have also read many success stories and none of them seem to be convincing enough. Those stories are similar to how people suffering from diabetes can lead a normal life with much abstinence from sugar, alchohal, smoke, following strict diet regimen, regular exercise, and supplements to live the same life which an otherwise normal (non diabetic person) would live while having all the exotic foods and drinks, no exercise, no routine, no supplements.
If a non diabetic person starts following such a lifestyle he would be a superman/alpha Male at sex.
I bet these people might have regained their ability to get and hold erections to have intercourse but definitely they wouldn’t have regained their testicles and the seminal volume back to the same state.