A gentle reminder re: supplementation

While I understand how desperate everybody is to return to their once normal state, I feel compelled at this moment in time to remind everybody of the potential dangers involved with supplementation.

Particularly for new sufferers of this condition, the idea that seemingly harmless supplements - including vitamins and minerals - can induce horrifying side effects which leave patients in a permanently worsened state can be difficult to grasp. However this is very much the dystopian reality in which we live. We’ve seen it too often.

The unfortunate truth is that the chances of ‘curing’ your condition with an over the counter supplement are minuscule at best. Considering this, the probability of experiencing side effects - however big or small that may be - makes supplementation a risk that is simply not worth taking.

Our bodies aren’t normal. They don’t work like they used to and we cannot predict how we will process a given substance. Considering this, please approach every decision to introduce a new supplement into your life with extreme caution.

This condition has the potential to deteriorate beyond the realms of comprehension and the last thing we want is for anybody to needlessly suffer any more than they already are doing currently. Be careful, please.

All the best, PropeciaHelp Team

3 Likes

Well said - everyone needs to take note.

1 Like

What’s your take on the likes of tribulus , mucuna pruriens and l carnitine ? some people have reported many benefits with theses “natural” products whilst others have crashed on it or have seen no significant improvements

The recommended guidelines from moderators remain the same for pretty much all substances: don’t bother unless, for the sake of your immediate health, you absolutely have to.

It’s also important to consider that it’s often the case on here that ‘success’ stories are elevated to prominence while the many horror stories get lost and discarded, making it appear as though a particular substance has a high success rate of alleviating symptoms. Unfortunately that’s rarely the case.

I see where you’re coming from but some of us have been severly hit by finasteride and have struggled for years with no improvements ( struggling for more than 2 years , i just discoverd the forum recently ) , i think we can hardly get any worse , in our case the potential benefits from theses protocols outweight the risks , i didn’t try any treatment during thoses 2 years (apart from zinc and some vitamins) thinking i’ll resolve by it self over time but things are getting gradually worse , we’ve been left with no other choice , you can’t just sit there and let things get worse

I assure you, no matter how much you believe it, this isn’t the case. That misconception has been devastating to so many people and you run that risk yourself if you’re not careful.

This condition is extremely fragile and seemingly knows no bounds.

1 Like

I second what @SkinDiesel says, it is incomprehensible how bad this condition can get.

Btw, please make a member story so we know what you’re dealing with, please.

1 Like

We are all urged by the emergency of our conditions. It is very hard to cope.

Maybe if we were more informed about the studies going on and pushed by the PFS Foundation… It is very hard to “wait” for something we don’t even know.

2 Likes

I’m dealing with severe sexual dysfunction and brain fog , my ed has worsened over the course of the last 2 years , when i first crashed somehow i was still able to sustain a hard erection by stimulating the penis for a certain period of time but at some point my penis shrunk and since then i can’t get a hard boner even if my life depends on it , intriguingly it coincided with taking zinc , not sure if it played a part in this , i took a dosage of 15mg per day for a few months and started doing heavy weight lifting (lifting heavy loads may also have worsned my sympthoms ) , my libido is virtually non-existant and braing fog has intensified , basically every sympthom i aquired 2 years ago when i went off finasteride ( cold turkey - took it for 3 months ) has worsened , it’s hard dealing with all theses sympthoms at the age of 29 when you’re supposed to be in your prime but as long as there is life there is hope , i don’t want to do a member story because i feel my sympthoms are similar to a large scalp of users on here so it won’t be benificial , however i’m planning to do a restrospective of the ptrotocols i’ll be following later

1 Like