A couple reads regarding 5ARi Withdrawl Process - Possible Reasoning of Crash

I think that’s a good point, @orthogs, re: newcomers. Posts should be clear and easy to understand for both new and old posters. If we’re to grow the userbase, we need to make the information as accessible as possible.

I’d say that we should stop using abbreviations (I found it hard to understand what people were talking about) and start sharing links to sources.
At worst it’ll take a few extra seconds.

Just my 2c.

2 Likes

I don’t disagree. To be clear the sentiment that excess DHT causes ED is not true. It causes many other things like acne, balding, increase in body hair, but ED is not one of them.

By the way the first post was authored by Mew and Awor. Its a very enlightening piece of work and I recommend that any new comers do take the time to read it.

1 Like

What are you talking about, man? You cannot even cite what I wrote. Cause YOU misunderstood. Learn to read. Where did I say it? Where? Nowhere. As long as you are not able to cite me HIGH DHT causes ED, you are just a storyteller.
I haven’t seen any of your help hints. Can you cite? lol
I know enough studies - how about that one?: DHT does not play a role in adults. M.in 1997. lol
So, keep going on with great studies like that one. We believed and have been destroyed. Ridiculous.
Don’t claim again things I didn’t say, man.
If you have cured some of your symptoms, you can tell us what you did. But you won’t be able to explain it fully with studies cause there are unknown variables. So, as long as you don’t cure a single! of your symptoms, I won’t discuss with you anymore that matter as I can read all studies myself. You seem to be a young stud or someone who has recently passed exams and thinks that he will find the cure just by reading studies. Being an academic (I am one as well) means here nothing. You even cannot cite or read correctly my lines, man.
Get a cure finally for your symptoms, but not just by reading studies. Period and out.

I think he just misconstrued what you said. Above you said people with high DHT have ED problems. That statement can be easily confused with the notion that “excess DHT causes ED”. Thanks for clarifying

1 Like

Exactely. Well said. From the context you could say “Even ppl with high dht can have ED.”
Best

This is completely terrifying. How does current research inform recovery regarding sleep issues?

As someone with a history of chronic serious insomnia that was starting to get better I took just 1mg early August and now I wake up suddenly wide awake after only 2 hours of sleep and can’t go back to sleep for hours. It’s been 27 days since I took that one pill. Now I can sleep for only 1-2 hours at a time and 3 hours with ambien. It was never this bad before and it’s not due to respiratory reasons since I keep close track of my CPAP data. I really fucked up and I’m scared.

You had chronic insomnia before?
And after fin you got worse sleep issues?
Holy cow. It seems like fin would making the things already being bad worse.
What caused your chronic insomnia before fin?

It can feel scary. Thanks for being honest. I think everyone’s been scared at different times. But hold on.

I also have a history of bad sleep before this and was also really worried about this aspect. I’ve had ok and bad sleep recently, but if I compare the amount of sleep I’m generally getting, things are better. I would honestly guess that my sleep was at its worst (post crash) when I was around a month off, just like you. You need to ride it out and try to cope with this symptom for a while. I have not used any sleeping tablets or drugs, I was considering it recently, but then I got a couple of nights of good sleep. It makes so much difference.

When I had sleep problems in the past, a doctor told me that if I couldn’t sleep then maybe just give it up and get up, or read a book or something. Getting stressed because you can’t sleep will make it harder to get to sleep.

If you struggle to get to sleep, remember, no screens in your bedroom, and try to stay away from them an hour before.

If you struggle to get back to sleep because you have woken up, try to work out what your plan is once you wake up. I have a book, podcasts, meditations ready.

How do you feel in bed? Until recently, I’ve been a little colder and got extra blankets. Make yourself comfortable.

My recent sleep problems I think are related to my having gone off my own program and have stressed myself out. Don’t look at your phone in bed! The worst habit.

I cannot stress how important positive thinking is. Sometimes I feel hopeless and find that I’m thinking my way into a terrible position. Then I feel physically and mentally worse. You need to put that to one side.

This need not be your life. It is possible to beat this.

2 Likes

Thanks for the quick replies and morale.

Yeah, I really fucked up massively, lmao

I have a history of severe ADHD, major depression, severe social isolation, and moderate sleep apnea and probably Upper Airway Resistance Syndrome that wasn’t being adequately treated with CPAP. It’s the perfect storm for severe unstoppable insomnia that I’ve suffered for over 4 years and now I’ve just cranked things up to 11. The insomnia started when I developed sleep apnea 4 years ago. Like a flipped switch I suddenly can’t sleep through the night anymore. I was starting to make major progress too and now it’s even worse than before. This is just absolute nightmare fuel.

Things I’ve done for sleep hygiene:

• Getting a $3k mattress
  • Keeping my phone far away from my bed
  • Reading The Sleep Solution by W Chris Winter
  • Only going to bed when actually sleepy, limiting time awake in bed to 30min
  • Blocking out blue light at night
  • Keeping the room cold and dark with custom shades
  • Be a passive sleeper rather than an active one (know that sleep will come to me and I don’t have to chase it)

Things I need to do that’s a challenge for me:

• Complete lights out hours before bed
  • No computer screen in my room
  • Meditation
  • CBT-I

I need to get a nice, fluffy thick comforter, true. I got an expensive one that’s too hot.

I was starting to improve my sleep before taking the fin feeling not too much anxiety or racing thoughts going to bed and from awakenings. But all of a sudden the awakenings became much earlier than usual into my sleep and when I woke up I just couldn’t feel sleepy at all.

I guess the only thing I can do is ride it out like you said. Do what I can to eliminate stress and worry regarding my lack of sleep, follow good sleep hygiene and life style practices and have faith that things will go back to normal. Right now I’m in a state of panic and painful regret and trying to find out what I can do to replenish what finasteride has destroyed. Trying microdosing fluoxetine right now to restore some neurosteroid but it gives me some palpitations which is odd or I’m not doing it right. I just wonder how long it takes on average for the 5ar and DHT and whatever else to come back to baseline in order to feel like myself again. 1-2 months or longer?

I’m just hoping to hear that this side effect of insomnia will reverse in most people.