8 months into my recovery, I have crashed bad with one particular symptom using DIM supplement. HELP

Hi folks

First time post and long read but I would appreciate if any of ye can help me please with any suggestions to my problem.

I was on oral Finasteride for 20 years and summer 2020 decided to transition over to topical Finasteride where I developed horrendous sides.

Muscle wastage, gyno, fat gain, stiff neck, penile shrinkage, testicles shrinking, fatigue.

I was on topical Finasteride for three months in total. I weaned off it and ceased taking it end of summer 2020

Even weeks/months on I would still have most of those symptoms and more developed, joint pain, gut problems, inflammation, my gyno worsened, sleep issues, high blood pressure, anxiety, light and sound sensitivity, dead left leg feeling, itchy eyes, sore eyes.

Taking Vitamin D helped very much with my penile and testicle issues and later taking Boron completely rectified that area.
2500/3000 IU Vit D with 6mg Boron daily.

Long story short, had neck x-ray, and told I have osteoarthritis, had brain MRI and told pituitary was fine.
Was prescribed anti inflammatory for few weeks, I stopped drinking, stopped smoking, increase gym workouts, ate better and six months later was making very good recovery.

Oh and half way through recovery I was still using Trinov, I stopped this and a couple of weeks later noticed my muscle recovery noticeably improve, and continue to improve. I have always been big into the gym.

One thing I would say on the muscle issue, I lose muscle far quicker when not working out compared to pre topical fin days.

My nipples at times would be puffy and I thought it could be estrogen issue so I took a DIM supplement for just two days and started to feel not right down below
As the days progressed I start getting again penile shrinkage. And it regressed all the way back to its worst.
It has been three months since I took DIM and I only have small recovery. My penis when flacid is about half inch smaller but at times just shrivels up, I had completed recovered from this before DIM which is mentally taking a toll on me as I cannot believe DIM has set me back.

This is where I would love if some of ye could help me theorise what could be causing it.

If I take Boron and Vitamin D now, my body won’t respond like it did pre DIM, my penis shrivels up if I take Vit D or Boron, so I believe either my body is turning the testosterone from Vit D and Boron into estrogen, could I now be estrogen dominant?
Or my second theory is ,the DIM supplement interrupted my 5ar receptor?

Since taking DIM, the penile issue is the only one symptom that has come back to haunt me, the other symptoms have remained as they were before DIM either recovered somewhat or alot.

Welcome to the forum, @IrishLegend. Sadly, I think the answer is that no-one is going to be able to provide you a clear answer on why you’re experiencing what you’re experiencing. PFS is a highly complicated disease as demonstrated by the patient record on this forum and through study results like Baylor.

I believe some members have worsened by taking DIM, so I’d probably just drop that for a week or so and see how you feel.

When you have the time, please make a member story and report your symptoms to your regulator.

Thanks,
Mitch

Thank you for the reply.

I only took DIM for two days.

It has been three months since I took it.

And I still have not recovered.

That is why I came on here, to see if anyone has had a similar experience or a theory why this has happened

How are you doing now? Have you recovered?

@Mercked

Unfortunately no I have not recovered.

I think the DIM supplement messed up my androgen receptors.

I just have to hope that overtime the issue will resolve.

Cannot believe just two DIM supplement capsules set me back so much.

I ended up taking Tribulus to see if that could maybe activate my DHT receptor and got bad reactions from Tribulus

Very sorry to hear that. So DIM did nothing positive for you except cause persistent worsening?

What brand of tribulus did you take?

@mercked

DIM basically gave me shrunken dick

After two months of it not improving I tried the Bulgarian brand of Tribulus people recommend on here and it was a disaster

My gyno on right side worsened, stiff joints on right side of body flared up, lots of popping and got small atrophy on right facial cheek, bit like a dent you would see in a car. Got very bad fatigue and an intolerance to caffeine

Lots of the Tribulus side affects have since improved but I still have facial dent in right cheek.

I rue the day I took DIM, I was 90% recovered and would give anything to rewind the clock back to that day I purchased it. I never knew then it was a DHT disrupter

2 Likes

Same but with NAD here. Did you take Mediherb Tribulus? I took that one for a few cycles and was lucky I didn’t get permanently worse.

I can’t believe tribulus did that to you, but then again another brand of it completely destroyed someone else here.

1 Like

@Mercked

I used Vemoherb Tribulus.

I believe Tribulus also triggered an autoimmune response in me, the atrophy on my cheek and also alopecia patches on my beard.

Guys, how do you feel today about muscles?