5htp - a treatment for brain fog?

No what I used had plain old 5htp in it. However SJW is believed to work on the serotonin receptors so I the fact that it may work is not suprising. Can you provide a link or names of uses who have had their brain fog helped by SJW? It’s the first I am hearing of this.

after reading your post i myself have have started 5htp,its been 11 days on 50mg a day, so far ifeel no different,did you do the two weeks on and one week off thing or just keep taking it every day??? i think ill give it a six week trial like you say…

I took it everyday and it took around a month to kick in. I think 6 weeks is the optimal trial. It takes SSRI’s 4-6 weeks to start working so to me that makes sense.

Tim, I hate fin, you guys have been on close to a month now. Any updates? Again I would give a good 6 week trial before giving up. Also with me it wasn’t as if my brain fog lessened over time it was more of waking up one day and it was gone.

hej FJ929

What brand 5-htp do you take.

Regards sonder

I used swiss natural sources 25mg. I saw relief after bumping up to 50mg for about a month.

Like so many other symptoms of this strange syndrome, some things just seem to disappear on the spot and others start out if nowhere.

Well tried this 5htp stuff after I read m_81 having positive effects also. Been on 50mg at bedtime for about a week or so. A couple nights without it and my sleep was not near as deep/uninterrupted.

The last couple nights, every time I did roll over or wake very briefly, I was fully erect. That has to be a good thing.

Mentally I feel good and have been for a while.

that sounds great man

Def a good sign! I think we are really hitting on some universal stuff lately such as dopamine enhances and progesterone

Did you start feeling good Mentally after taking the 5htp or where you good prior?

I may have had marginal improvement mentally… Hard to say.

I have been feeling good mentally since I started fish oil and a vitamin b complex heavier on the b12 side… With a more absorbable folate content.

I also take 5-MTHF sometimes.

Had another seriously deep sleep last night. Slept through a hard downpour outside which normally wakes me up.

i tried the 5htp 50 mg per day for 3 weeks,i planned on giving it a 6 week trial but had to stop taking it,it was giving me very intense anxiety and strong feelings of anger,it screwed me up to be honest,i have been off it a week now and am almost back to normal,feeling ok again,i took it to see if it would give me a lift and maybe give me a libido,i dont have the brain fog these days so i cant comment on that,for me it did nothing but make me feel terrible but everyone is different,anyone who is going to give it a try i would suggest taking it for maybe 10 days on 5 days off or simmilar…

everyone please donate to the pfs foundation…

50mg 3 times per day is alot. I only took 50mg once per day and I worked up from 25mg.

no,i wasnt taking it 3 times a day,only once a day,50mg in the mornings,after about 14 days severe anxiety started and got worse every day till it became unbearable,also with the anxiety came feelings of terrible anger and feeling sick,seems like everything i try makes me worse…

Seems like it deffintley didn’t agree with you.

Bluejay what where your mental symptoms? Anxiety, brain fog, depression? What did the fish oil and b12 help with? ALso I’m curious on the 5-mthF. Do you find it works?

I wasn’t even close to as bad as some guys… Just felt like I just woke up off a 5 hr sleep. Like I was at 70%. Fatigue and some depressive thoughts.

I think the fish oil and b12 heavy b complex helped with focus, energy and depression. I think 5-MTHF increased my energy levels even more… As well as the overall effects.

I take the 5-MTHF just once in a while, now.

In 2010 I took 5-htp for anxiety/depression. I’m sure it was the fin causing the depression in retrospect but back then I didn’t know anything. Back then it worked pretty well with only mild drowsiness as a side effect. Now i’m trying it again for sleep with mixed results. First night was great. Second night I woke up around 1am feeling anxious and my feet were tingling. I’ve read that can be a side effect of 5-htp, but also could be fin related. Had a lot of trouble getting back to sleep. It does seem to help a little with brain fog but I’m not sure if trading it for anxiety is worth it. Perhaps a lower dose might yield a better result for me.

How much are you taking? You should start off slow. I went with 25mg because I could not tolerate anymore.