5htp - a treatment for brain fog?

FJ929, did it help with any other symptoms? I feel that brain fog often is related to worsening sexual symptoms. such as inability to feel orgasm. When my brain fog lifts, sexual improvement, ever so small, is made.

5-htp is precursor which helps in the production of serotonin and melatonin. In the party would it is consumed after taking MDMA, it help increase the production of serotonin depleted. Serotonin is responsible for mood and the adminstration of 5-htp can help with depression.

My libido was deffintley higher on it but that effect stopped once I stopped taking it. The effect on the brain fog did not.

sorry i confused b6 with b3… b3 was the one that helped many people. i was thinking b6 because b6 is specifically required to boost the methylation cycle which is what i must’ve been thinking… b6 will help you.

100% recommended it 5HTP is positive and I have 12 years in this hell

guys at this point…seriously im just greatfull…i come here every now and then…stay five minutes and leave…it just doenst feel like a need anymore (to be here)…and ihatefin…yes i have claimed because i was gradually getting better…doing a ton of different things…so i cant really tell which one is what worked the best…they all helped…i could never SIT here and just complain and leave as it is…i had to fight my way thru this and it has worked. No one here can touch this…at the same time that I feel for you guys…there are some people here that are just nasty…I think that in a situation like this…you should seriously forget about the ego and everything else…its a very humbling situation, you have to learn what you need to learn from this…it blows my mind sometimes… men in this situation that just simply cant see beyond their own noses´ , grow up some of you…I feel blessed like god has given me a second chance in life, im a complete different person then what I used to be, i can sayI am an adult now. For the USA users…you could start thinking about getting better…getting in contact with alex tuggle, get a hair analyses done…get a spectracell test done, I mean DO SOMETHING… you are in the center of the world, theres no better place to buy the stuff needed to get better. You cant just simply wait for awor´s research…god bless that man for real, but life is just too precious and I cant afford to lose one more second being miserable, people are living, getting married, meeting new people, having kids, moving on with their destiny, dont you feel like doing the same?? we were born to be happy and to be normal, dont accept being this bad, find your own strength and trust yourself. learn a lesson from this…just saying.

Deluxe what symptoms did 5htp help you with? Brain fog alone or sexual as well?

FJ929,
did you also improve your erections/ejaculation volume by 5htp?

How much have you improved your sexual side effects since you stopped Finasteride. I am suffering for almost 9 years without any improvement.

Yes ejcaulation volume and erections were improved as well but only for the time I took it. Once I got off the sexual improvements went away but the brain fog improvement stayed with me.

Overall I have a life sexually so I guess I should be grateful. I had no libido or erections the first 2 years off. The only thing that seemed to help was some korean ginseng. It improved after about 4 or 5 years to the point I am at now.

I have peyronies but no curve, I had some loss in girth and lenght.
ejaculation volume is much less than it used to be.
Morning erections are very rare.
I can have sex it just requires some stimulation. Wife is fine with that. IT took about 3 weeks to see improvement in the sexual sides as well.

I have been taking 5 htp for 4 days now and have seen nothing at all. Is this consistent with your experience?

Yes I didn’t notice anything for at least 3 weeks. How bad is your brain fog Tim and is it relieved by diet?

I have first equal worst brainfog here. If i fast it clears a little.

What dosage are you using? What brand?

one week in i still haven’t seen much of a change… though i do think i might be slightly less depressed and have a slight boost in energy. tim1911… any changes? still using the stuff?

im at least gonna keep going for a month.

Yes im still using and no change aswell. I am going to use for a month also. I hope it does something.

Where can i get that?
How many people tried it and got erection back.?

I did a search in google and people say it decrease libido.

When I titled this post it was a bit misleading I don’t think it’s a cure for sexual issues but more for brain fog. I did see libido improvement but it wasn’t mind blowing back to normal. The brain fog was. Give it 30days and if you don’t see anything then I would stop taking it unless it is helping your depression\anxiety.

5htp effect on libido all depends on the person. Look at this poll half found it raised it the other half found it decreased. Serotonin is involved in libido. It appears you need the right balance.

forum.bodybuilding.com/showthrea … 644&page=1

Serotonin and 5apha link

Serotonergic 5-HT2A receptor stimulation induces steroid 5alpha-reductase gene expression in rat C6 glioma cells via transcription factor Egr-1.
Morita K, Arimochi H, Her S.
Source

Department of Pharmacology, Tokushima University School of Medicine, 3-18-15 Kuramoto, Tokushima 770-8503, Japan. km@basic.med.tokushima-u.ac.jp
Abstract

Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) are widely used for the treatment of depressive mood disorders and well known to inhibit the reuptake of neurotransmitter serotonin into nerve terminals. Thus, it seems conceivable that these drugs may induce the outflow of serotonin from the synapse as a consequence of inhibiting the reuptake, resulting in the stimulation of glial cells surrounding nerve terminals. On this hypothesis, the effect of serotonin on steroid 5alpha-reductase type 1 (5alpha-R) gene expression in rat C6 glioma cells was examined as one of the in vitro model experiments for investigating the indirect influence of SSRIs on glial cells. Serotonin elevated 5alpha-R mRNA and protein levels through the stimulation of serotonin 5-HT2A receptors, and also elevated Egr-1 mRNA and protein levels prior to 5alpha-R gene expression in the glioma cells. Furthermore, serotonin failed to significantly increase 5alpha-R mRNA levels in the cells preloaded with the antisense oligodeoxynucleotide targeted on Egr-1 gene. These results indicate that serotonin may stimulate 5alpha-R gene expression via transcription factor Egr-1 in glial cells, thus suggesting that serotonin flowing out of the serotonergic synapse may be implicated in SSRI-induced changes in neurosteroid metabolism in brain.

PMID:
[PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Publication Types, MeSH Terms, Substances
LinkOut - more resources

Supplemental Content
Icon for Elsevier Science
You are here: NCBI > Literature > PubMed
Write to the Help Desk

1 Like