5ari safe/not safe foods mega thread

I think it’s time we, once and for all, had a thread containing known 5ARI foods and foods that are safe.

Obviously this list is not stead fast for everyone but merely a guide for those who are trying to avoid 5ari foods!!

Please contribute as much as you can and I will update the list as it grows

KNOWN 5ARI FOODS

Soy and soy products
Dark Chocolate
Kale
Avocados
Coconut
Coconut oil
Neetle root
Mint
Blueberries
Green tea
Brown rice
Tomatoes
Tumeric
Rice Bran oil
Corn

SAFE

Red meat (preferably grass finished)
Poultry
Fresh fish
Cucumber
Lamb

Please add more. This will be such a useful guide for those of us in really bad shape trying to avoid a further crash. I am failing to find a comprehensive list and I feel this is long long over due for this site

3 Likes

Dark Chocolate is a big No No and should be put in Bold caps on that list

Brown rice too
Tomatoes
Tumeric
Rice Bran oil

1 Like

Seems to be a fair bit of variability with what’s safe for some and not for others. There are obvious ones like soy products and tofu etc, but severe cases like Tzinkman and Axo have become worse from eating dark fish like Salmon or Tuna. I can eat both by the truckload and have no issues.

Mushrooms seem to be one that pop up a bit as well.

Ya totally these all effect people differently but I think it’s good to have a data base of what is or isn’t 5Ari. Some of us are walking on a razors edge trying not to crash further I think this is valuable information to have.

Tuna, muscles, salmon, chicken, cucumber nuts, ginger, black pepper, effect me as well as nearly all fruit, salad and veg, melon is particularly bad. I doubt all are 5 ar and suspect it’s because they stimulate the endocrine system or slightly change hormone levels which overwhelm the receptors.

Bizarrely I tolerate tomatoes.

White fish and red meat are my friends. Sorry off topic slightly.

Olives, garlic, oregano, root vegetables, legumes, walnuts, rye, bell peppers

If I cut gluten and dairy (the latter especially), I get a little better.

I eat dark chocolate often. Never had an adverse reaction.

The only food I’ve noticed a “quick” reaction to is pomegranate (antiandrogen), which helped cognitively for a day.

1 Like

Sounds like if I follow you guys what to eat or avoid I can eat nothing anymore. :sweat_smile:
I think this topic is too specific and we all should try and need to find out for ourself what we can eat.

5 Likes

@tfd I felt strong and better mood wise with slight return of libido from pomegranate over the course of a few weeks. Then the bomb went off can’t touch it now

Freaking scary.

1 Like

Yeah this is the savviest approach.

You will always go fine with water :joy:

2 Likes

How much of an 5ARI are these foods in vivo?

I can eat everything and it won’t affect me.

Just avoiding gluten cause my stomach can’t handle it and also “oils” since I don’t think it’s a good way to consume fat.

But this didn’t change with fin, I had it before.

I do believe my ability to digest fat has diminished though, probably due to fins interaction with bile production.