5AR fails to return to baseline levels!I found PFS on pubmed

Sorry maybe its a communication problem as i am not a native english speaker but im not really understanding your point.

But its not important, i will later try to show a connection i foubd to some lab values here in phelp

That helps, i must have glossed over that part. I actually read the whole thing twice :laughing:

Eheh np, i thought it was a communication problem :slight_smile:

I know of two. One just began. He is also taking testosterone, andractim, and prami.

The other is JQD. His claim now is that you must take cortisol along with testosterone, DHT, and prami. No one is going to believe him, rightfully, because his other promised protocols failed.

Haha maybe JQD is finally on to something. I would give everything to see him as a medical student, working with an attending doctor, and his diagnosing and treatment recommendations. I can see leeches being used for blood transfusion purposes, and a list of twenty different pills for a patient diagnosed with the common cold. Would remind me of Pauly Shore in a movie role playing JQD.

I too know of someone taking T shots and daily hydrocortisone supplements and it seems to be helping, particularly with energy. I like this thread focusing attention on cortisol because I suspect 100% of us have cortisol issues that are way out of whack along with our other slew of hormone imbalances. I hate being so tired in the morning, yet having my heart beating so fast when I try to go to sleep at night. Thus the difficultly sleeping along with whatever has been damaged upstairs :(. Despite the long term health effects of this fucking poison, my short term goals are to find ways to help my body increase energy in the morning and stay more relaxed at night. Whatever cocktail of hormone therapy people attempt, I think people like Moonman are really on to something by looking at cortisol regulation as a huge priority in all this. At least in terms of maximizing overall comfort. Wonder what percentage of people taking T have taken hydrocortisone at the same time. Would be curious if the two have mutually benefitted one another.

@xptriado: Iā€™ve used Goldenseal, which is a strong CYP3A4 inhibitor (ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15900287). It really messed me up. Felt like a ā€œmini-crashā€.

It makes sense that a CYP3A4 inducer (Rifampicin) would have positive effects, then.

Hey Finatruth,

What else are you doing besides the diet changes?

Do you have lab results and symptoms outlined in some thread? im curious at what I can find

@xptriado - in the footer of my posts.

your story is so interesting as it fits exactly the pattern I was theorizing to exist.
I have not concluded my findings yet so you guys will have to wait until later this weekā€¦ you could also start theorizing based on this study. itā€™s a very interesting study

Bizzbee333, Iā€™m not really sure what the hell happened but itā€™s amazing. Just one day almost everything clicked upward and much better. Brainfog disappeared, started having rock hard Nightime erections again, can masturbatee whenever with no effect on my condition etc

If I were you, try this. Researchers, including Traish, are theorizing this could be a metabolic disorder with a change in brain metabolism. For me, I know there is soemthing going on in the prefrontal cortex, almost like it was inflammation. So I did the ultra strick paleo, then and this may be the important thing, I mixed it in with some days of eating like crap. I feel like the way I eat as put things back in place. Itā€™s either that or just time (hit my 3 year mark). But I havenā€™t taken anything else except vitamin D and fish oil. By the way, the paleo diet is loaded with omega 3

If I cheat too much I start going downhill. If I cheat once every couple of months then I am ok. The diet makes a huge difference for me. Although Iā€™m surprised you donā€™t mention doing any high intensity exercise. The exercise is also a must for me.

Yes I am curious what the publishers of this study say regarding the similarity of PFS. You hear back yet from them? Eager to see what they say.

Can you start another thread so we can ask questions about this without throwing this thread off-topic? Ive just started paleo as well and want to know what you mean by the cheat meals being important. Is this carb-backloading type of cheat?

How did masturbation impact on your condition?

After my initial crash, I woukd masterbate and get tired as well as brain fog etc, now it has no impact on me. I will start a thread soon answering questions. Give me a couple days

Iā€™m wondering if a combination of Rifampin, cortisol, and testosterone would help fix the metabolic problem. The Harvard and Baylor studies should indicate which enzymes are up or down-regulated. Then we can see which medications would boost or inhibit those enzymes, and then we add the appropriate substrates (cortisol, testosterone) and hopefully this will reboot our system.

Yoi could also try a very low dose of grapefruit extract and check if you feel better or worse.
Gham, another user, tried it for 3 days and says he feels worse but then he bounces back and feels better than before. Its a cyp3a4 inhibitor.

Does anyone have access to EC50 values of finasteride??

I drank a lot of grapefruit juice the few days leading up to my PFS crash. Its always been a suspicion of mine that it made the SP I took that much more powerful.

In line with the study in the first post of this thread, Dr Crisler and I have found that I have to get my 24 hour urinary cortisol levels to be at the very top of the range to feel the benefits of cortef. If my levels are midrange or even ā€œnormalā€ by ā€œnormalā€ standards, then I dont notice any benefits.

Thats just another indicator that cortisol is not the real problem. This study is very interesting.

Have you check your cortisol binding protein? I suspect that could be another issue