50mg Zinc gives me instant sex drive

In the last 5 days i tried supplement back with 50mg Zinc citrate, the effect is astonishing.
10 minutes after taking it, i get horny and I reach a solid erection, just with visual stimulation.
The duration is variable, from a few minutes to a few hours, but always temporary.
Has anyone noticed a similar effect?
I’m also taking a round of Rifaximin 1200mg/day for recurring SIBO.

1 Like

It’s a 5ar inhibitor. Beware. Did you have any penis size recoveries too with this too? Orgasm intensity or semen volume? If so, even its temporary it would indicate that our problems can be fully reversed.

5ar inhibition is controversy, often Zinc is prescribed by andrologists to increase T, DHT and sex drive (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/7271365/).
I’m optimistic about reversing our problems, it’s a matter of time and dedication, i already improved a lot since the beginning.
With zinc my penis is full size, hard and erect and orgasm pretty intense… volume not so much, but i tried only once, i tend to avoid masturbation as much as possible.

1 Like

We’ve seen this sort of pattern here before:

“This makes me feel better.”

Turns out the substance is anti androgenic / a 5ar inhibitor.

“I doubt it’ll hurt me, I’m going to carry on”

Crash

“my symptoms are worse”.

https://forum.propeciahelp.com/search?context=topic&context_id=44200&q=Zinc%20crash&skip_context=true

6 Likes

I felt great taking ZMA, hard muscles, clarity of mind, improved mood and erections. 2 weeks in it destroyed me. Can’t even eat muscles now without an adverse reaction. Tread carefully

1 Like

Mussels sorry typo

I’d like to think it’s Rifaximin kicking in. I’ve had similar experience with it minus the zinc. It’s good that you’re experiencing such a profound effect but bear in mind that too much zinc can deplete copper and may lower Estrogen and/or DHT too much if taken constantly at the said dose.

1 Like

I understand the general concern about supplements and potential 5ar inhibitors, keep in mind that Zinc is an essential mineral and probably the most useful for men.
Now i’m not saying you guys jump on the zinc carovan and start supplementing all together, but i’m not either willing to sit in my room waiting for a cure indefinitely.

@doomed80 i’m pretty sure the effect depends on Zinc because the reaction is almost immediate after i swallow the capsule. I take good note of your advise and i’ll take zinc sparingly.

If i remember well, Chi mentioned Zinc within his recovery post.

I hear you. Been there, done that. 10+ years has taught me a hard lesson: Supplementing individual vitamins/minerals is huge juggling game. I lost count of how many times that I thought I’ve finally nailed it (raging libido + boners) that last for a few weeks or sometimes months (when I’m lucky) only to end up in a far worse place. I suppose “denial isn’t only a river in Egypt” is true after all. Good luck :+1:t2:

3 Likes

now someone comes out and says, zinc gave me pfs

1 Like

I had some success with zinc. I decided to try it after i listened to an old episode of the pfs podcast where a doctor said he had treated some patients with it successfully. the first night i took it, the next morning i had my best morning erection in years (even pre fin morning wood was rare) I was pretty happy considering where i was at before, the next night i took it again, and the morning i had another good erection but it was less than the first day, and by the 3rd morning there was nothing. That was probably 8-10 months ago and I take 75mg everyday and have no crashes or setbacks. As with everything you try, it has the possibility to hurt or to help.

That’s the south African or Australian nutritionist guy on the podcast right? Do you remember his name? I know that guy was big on mineral balancing

Yeh New Zealand I think. I joined a Facebook group he has, just posted a thing about zinc today as far as immune system and other stuff. His name is Greg Emerson, but he is an actual doctor. He’s big into natural stuff and cold thermogenic. I had planned to start doing cryo therapy before everything got shutdown.

1 Like