5-HT(1A) receptor antagonism reverses and prevents sexual dysfunction

I’ll keep it brief.
Some scientists believe PFS and sexual dysfunction from SSRI (anti depressant) use are closely related:

Post-finasteride syndrome and post-SSRI sexual dysfunction: two sides of the same coin?

and this study seems to show promising results in reversing or even preventing the side effects from SSRIs:

5-HT(1A) receptor antagonism reverses and prevents fluoxetine-induced sexual dysfunction in rats

and here’s a list of 5-HT(1A) receptor antagonists on the bottom of the page:

now I was wondering if anyone here ever tried any of these 5-HT(1A) receptor antagonists like Propranolol or anything else and had any success concerning sexual or other side effects from finasteride

Any experiences?

1 Like

I tried propranolol approx 6 years ago for the anxiety and can’t recall any improvements. Sorry

1 Like

Propranolol makes my sexual symptoms worse

This method has been discussed to no end among the PSSD community. Has it been successful for any of them?

Has it? I don‘t know. I didn‘t take part in that discussion. But are you saying it didn‘t help anyone? I am curious and honestly don‘t know.

I wouldn’t have said so if it wasn’t so.

I’m really not sure how often it has been attempted. Only that there has been much discussion about 5-HT antagonists over the years.

Remember that the participants in the study you posted didn’t necessarily have PSSD.

Makes sense

https://academic.oup.com/eurheartj/article/24/21/1928/450074

Animal studies have reported that beta-blockers such as propranolol may induce ED through central and peripheral (genital) effects as it increases the latency to ex copula ejaculation, the latency to initial erection and reduces the number of erectile reflexes.