3a-diol / 3b-diol testing

Plasma is blood yes, more specifically blood minus red/white cells and platelets.

CSF is cerebral spinal fluid. The fluid in your spinal column and around the brain.

So who is doing the test and when?

I recently got kicked out of an endo’s office for pushing him to order me the 3adiolg blood test.

Stressful experience so in not fast to go get these tests tomorrow or anything but I will get it done in the future and post the results in this post.

Why were you kicked out? Is there something about the test itself that he doesn’t like? Or was he just dismissive of the theory behind it?

He just kept saying I have heard about the 3adiolg but I have no clue how to understand the result and use it in any way to treat you.

So I took his blood lab sheet that he gave me to have my total testosterone checked and wrote the 3adiolg test on my self.

Waiting on the results still for that.

Wish I knew about these other tests, I would have write those in as well

But in the future that’s the way. Say I’m going to quest to have my blood work done. This way because you are not having it done their at the docs office they give you the lab sheet for you to take to quest. Now you add on what ever you want making it look like the doc wrote it.

Taking matters in own hands.

I’ll do the same thing at a diff endo’s office for these other tests

Anyone notice how the Italian study shows the pfs group having increased levels of 3Adiol in CFS and in plasma. What do you guys think about that result when comparing it to most of are members who posted their 3adiol results under the 3adiol result thread. Most of their 3adiol results where low.

Also can anyone comment on how the Italian study shows decreased levels of progesterone (prog) in the pfs group.

Also I was unaware until now that finasteride has the capability to block the metabolism of progesterone. (It says this in line 3 of the abstract paragraph at the top of the page)

I feel like that’s important seeing that the pfs group showed decreased levels of prog in cfs

3adiol is not 3adiolg. 3adiolg is 3adiol which has undergone Glucuronidation (by the liver?) to make it inactive.

Thanks for explaining the difference between 3adiol and 3adiolg. I’m beginning to understand more about why you think testing for 3adiol and 3bdiol is important. When i manage to get this done do you think I should test for prog as your study also mentions altered levels of it as well?

I think it is as wise for us to do as many tests as we can. I would test for prog if you can. Some have low levels some have high levels.

Hey vincentv,

I’m happy to respond to your inbox msg, but am unable to reply as inbox msging is restricted on my account for some reason. Could you please give me your email instead.

Thanks, Hugh

Huge I think you will have ability to pm if you make more posts. I had to do about 20 posts before I could pm

For those in the US. From my research this test is VERY important and in my option this is the most important thing happening at the moment in regards to PFS. We need to get some people to do these tests.

I am happy to help those who need financial assistance in doing these tests. I am sure others will be happy to help as doing these tests will help us all. So if you are in the US please send me a message.

Many of us are in other countries and simply can not do this test as labs do not offer it.

Thanks

If the researchers have tested them in the study subjects, why do you want people to test them and send you the results? Let the researchers work on the problem. They are waiting to finish up the BWH and Baylor study to look at PFS and see whats going on.

Vincentv, have you participated in either study?

lol I don’t know if you have noticed yet but waiting for other people to fix this problem has not been working for to many of us.

It would also be good to see if we can see any of the same things in are blood work Results that are seen in pfs People from any of the studies such as the Italian study that Vincent is looking into to. Trying to further validate results of a study will only speed up the process of coming up with better ways to treat are symptoms.

But whatever you find by conducting a survey via the pfs forum cannot be used scientifically. It has to be in a controlled experiment. And you say waiting for others to solve the problem hasn’t bee working? In just 2 years of research the PFS foundation has already published studies and is still conducting further experiments with indications that they know what they are looking at. What has come out of the previous 10 years of speculating and random experimenting that has been going on in the forum? Also, as you can imagine, the scientists know a lot more than what is published in the studies.

I think my post was deleted.

Stop arguing and do the damn tests. Encouraging people to NOT do anything is very silly. We should all be doing EVERYTHING we possibly can from EVERY angle possible. Sitting on your hands and waiting for the magic solution may work but in my opinion the best option will be to do ALL we can which includes doing our own research, educating ourselves, doing trials, tests and support the clinical research.

It is very simple the Italian study point out that 3bdiol and also 3adiol are issues so LET US investigate this simply by getting some people do some blood testing at a lab that offers these tests.

After all my reading and research I think that this could be a very big factor and hence willing to put my money into trying to verify this. So pleased do not come into this thread and tell people to do nothing and just wait for other people to solve our problems. We have the most at stake here no one is going to spend more time on this issue than us. I can not even imagine how many thousands of hours I have spent so far.

If you want to back other peoples testing please do so but do not go and encourage people to do nothing but wait.

I myself are looking to organize a clinical study in Australia but don’t you think the more we know about this condition the more appropriate the clinical study will be?

Here is my original reply

I am on the other side of the world. So no I have not.

The Italian study was unable to accurately measure 3bdiol in the controls due to the equipment sensitivity. So we have little idea how bad are levels are. Are they 20 times normal? 10x 5x or 2x?

This is VERY important. The ratio of hormones is extremely important in determining the behavior of the cell.

Just because one group is doing research does not mean we should sit on our hands and do nothing hoping that they answer all the questions. The more people that are working on this the better it is for all of us.

I am constantly doing tests and reading books on endocrinology and andrology. It is great that people are working on this problem and there are so many angles to work on this from just because some studies are being done does not mean we should DO nothing and pin all our hopes on one or two groups of individuals.

If you look at the sample results which meridian valley labs gives they offer very detailed results on testosterone metabolism. They have been doing this test for many years so probably have a very good idea what levels to expect in various men.

You can click on some of the stories under recoveries and read a little bit about how guys have used knowledge they have gained from ten years of speculating. Or you could not and continue to complain which we deff know won’t help.

Vincent, is there a way to diminish these with supplements, food or some drug? We could see if it affects us positively.