3 months off, still have sides

Hi all

I have been on Propecia 1mg for around 10 years. Didnt take it every day.

I noticed that despite watching what I eat, my pot belly kept getting bigger. I am 46.

I took a 3 month break from Propecia at the start of the year to see if it made a difference to my belly. I have noticed it is not as big as before but its still there. I am not overweight and my BMI is 22.

I had hoped during the 3 month break, my libido would return and my erections would be less weak. But sadly, that didnt happen. Everything is just as bad. I had few days of morning wood (first time in a long time) but that also has since disappeared again,

Moonface didnt go away at all either.

Very disappointed.

1 Like

Hey there @barnsbury, welcome to the forum.

I’m sorry to hear you have been going through this awful experience after quitting the drug.

I hope that with some more time you might still see some improvements. In the meantime, the best advice I can give you is to not go back on the drug and try to take good care of yourself.

If you have the time and energy, it would be great if you can take a look at this post and tell us your story by creating a post in the Member Stories category using the given template.

Thanks for reaching out to us.

1 Like

I had persistent sides that lasted two years off the drug before clearing up so be patient. Just don’t go back on Propecia because you risk full blown PFS which is a death sentence.

Do not restart propecia after stopping: it will kill you - General Discussion - propeciahelp.com

1 Like