2x Recovery Story - various natural supplement methods

This type of detox is a more long term thing. You are pulling out things that have been in your body since you were in the womb. Its similar but not exactly the same as heroin, im just using it as an example. Its about toxins leaving tissues and entering the blood stream. Its really not that hard to understand how you feel worse before feeling better. The toxins dont just jump out of your skin.

You can think whatever you want. I will be pursuing this to the full and wont stop trying things until I get better or die.

I got my hair mineral analysis results back it showed I am high in zinc, low in copper, high in Selenium and my sodium/Magnesium is low and my Calcium/Potassium ratio is High.

The copper deficency may have been induced with taking zinc supplements.

So what I can gather from this is that my problems seem to be related to adrenals and thryoid, since sodium is largely responsible for adrenal function. Also my DHEA is still in the gutter and I am treating it at the moment.

What is interesting is that I am still failing a zinc taste test. There is a chance that the high zinc is due to the fact that there is zinc in my shampoo. But in any case, Copper doesnt seem astronomically high.

Zinc deficiency + celiacs is the monster here. Take it to the bank

Tim on a celiac blood test, I am at the most upper range. The doc said, you’re not technically celiac, but your so close it doesnt matter. So therefore I cannot eat wheat, but I do anyway. I am trying to stop.

I stopped today, i found out last night my sister is gluten intolerant. Its hard core, all the good stuff has gluten.
Did you get my recommendation about zinc picolinate, this is the one you want, i had to get through compounding pharmacy.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3630857
I failed another zinc taste test, badly. Guy behind the counter passed piece of piss. He looked like a strapping son of a bitch.
Im going to get mine done soon(celiac test), cant wait to be honest. I used to be scared of blood tests, now i live for them.
From the studies i have been reading this could take some time to make up the deficiency, months like, cause i gotta feeling we are low, real low. Best way to start would be to make sure our bodies are absorbing what we put in.
Just read a study showing how lactose intolerance also inhibits zinc absorbstion, i drink milk like water, i will get tested for this.
This could be getting real bad real quick for me in terms of not being able to eat my favourite foods anymore.

zinc picolinate is available at Vitacost:

vitacost.com/productResults. … picolinate

Fellas supplementing zinc while on a celiac diet is going to bring side effects, i am finding this out, lets conveniance says this, it has been a real good headache and a spacey feeling for me. Letsconvinance said 5 months, he might be right. I also suggest you look at your vitamin b12 as some celiacs need shots because they cant absorb this. Also guys when you start this diet watch out for things like pineapple and oranges, your small intestine is very sensitive at the moment.

Causes

Vitamin B12 deficiency is most commonly caused by a lack of intrinsic factor, a substance produced in the stomach that is necessary for the absorption of vitamin B12 from food. When intrinsic factor is lacking, vitamin B12 is unable to be absorbed and is therefore unable to be utilised by the body. Pernicious anaemia is one such condition where the production of intrinsic factor is impaired. It is a leading cause of vitamin B12 deficiency.

Other causes of vitamin B12 deficiency include:

A diet inadequate in vitamin B12 rich foods - particularly so in vegetarians who don’t eat any animal products, meat, fish, milk, eggs, butter, cheese and other dairy products (vegans).
Inadequate absorption or utilisation of B12 because of gastric abnormalities such as coeliac disease, inflammation of the stomach (gastritis), or pancreatic insufficiency. Inadequate absorption can also occur after stomach and intestinal surgery as well as in inflammatory bowel diseases like Crohns disease.
An increase in certain intestinal organisms.
Drugs that may interfere with the absorption of vitamin B12.
Heavy alcohol consumption.
Rare congenital disorders.

Symptoms

Symptoms of vitamin B12 deficiency usually don’t appear for at least two years. The reason for this is that a large amount of vitamin B12 is usually stored by the liver. Most people, apart from vegans, have a three to five year supply in their bodies.

Initial symptoms of vitamin B12 deficiency can include:

Dizziness.
Paleness.
Shortness of breath.
Fatigue.
Anaemia.
Hearing difficulties
If left untreated Vitamin B12 deficiency can cause progressive damage to the nervous system, especially the nerves outside the brain and spinal cord. When the spinal cord is involved, the first symptoms include difficulty in feeling vibrations in the feet, loss of position sense, and loss of muscle co-ordination (ataxia).

Other symptoms of untreated vitamin B12 deficiency may include:

Weight loss.
An enlarged spleen and liver (hepatosplenomegaly).
Exaggerated reflexes.
Mild depression and confusion.
Hallucinations, personality and mood changes.
Irritability.
Damage to the optic nerve. http://www.southerncross.co.nz/AboutTheGroup/HealthResources/MedicalLibrary/tabid/178/vw/1/ItemID/101/Vitamin-B12-Deficiency.aspx

Tim, are you saying that I still have a zinc deficiency even though my hair mineral analysis showed it was high?

yes

its a shame that this post was removed from the recovery thread… a real shame … how shpuld peoplefpund this amazing thread here now? i cant beleive it…

Has anyone else tried extended use of ox bile? 5 months + like.

i´m on it… just give me some time and i tell you

Please keep me up to date with progress, good and bad. What kind of dose are you taking?

Be patient with it my friend.

so any updates/

going through old posts here, but wanted to chime in, not sure if someone covered this later because this bitch is 10 pages long.

copper toxicity -> depleted vit b6

vit b6 is essential to methylation cycle

not working methylation cycle -> depleted glutathione levels (powerhouse antioxidant)

depleted glutathione levels -> high free radicals

high free radicals and eating cholesterol -> plaque buildup

plaque buildup = peyroines

it’s a good theory, but this symptom on myself occured…overnight!

ditto

true or not…just contacted alex…hes sending me the hair analyses kit…and well be working together. Also i plan on getting my spectracell blood test when i go to Atlanta.

Alex Tuggle