24 hour urinary cortisol

Haven’t found a lot of info on the forum about this over the years. Over the past 4 years, I had three 24 hour urinary cortisol tests and one done at Mayo Clinic. All three came back above the range including 2 and 3x the range. Urinary volume can be an issue and artificially raise it which at the time I was a piss machine. Anyway, I legit always have a high cortisol feeling and the first thing I noticed when I crashed. Obviously, this doesn’t really mean much and I doubt doubt doubt the problem lies in our adrenals prob just a downstream effect. Just wondering if anyone else has had a 24 hour urinary cortisol test. I’ve only seen moon man get one

I’ve had a urinary with normal cortisol levels and then have also had the saliva, one coming back low and the other coming back high. Doesn’t really tell me much

Thank u for ur reply brotha💪

My initial one was low. I started taking cortef and focusing on adrenal health. Over years, I felt comfortable weaning off cortef. Since, I have mostly just stress dosed at times with cortef.

I always feel better when my cortisol is at the top, but not above the range, which is where my most recent results are without cortef.

Thyroid and RT3 also go hand in hand with cortisol. If you cortiosl is too high or low for too long, expect your RT3 to rise and also get hypothyroid symptoms. You need to take T3 and get your cortisol levels normalized to clear RT3.

If your cortisol is high, focusing on lifestyle factors and taking rhoidoila or ashwaghanda can help. As can meditation or midfullness.

However, I suspect that the high cortisol is a symptom of the root causes of PFS (whether it be low alloprenegnenolone or silencing of AR). I think our body is trying to compensate for the inaction of other systems by ramping up cortisol which eventually over time will crash causing adrenal fatigue.

1 Like

hi, i have a similar issue, low cortisol along with low thyroid, is it better to start by treating cortisol, thyroid, or both? thanks a lot

Start with cortisol, then once its stable slowly add in some T3

You probably had some underlying cortisol disorder already then crashed from fin. Likely infection.