23&Me Laboratory can't help us!

GUYS GUYS SOMETHING HAPPENED!!!
I decided to publish this as a post apart to reach more people.This is connected of course with the first post i made called “Help please urgent”.
I’ve been trying the option of making a dna test for my brother to see how is it.
Some users here adviced me the laboratory 23&ME,a laboratory in USA that makes health and ancestry’s studies.Genetic testing and analysis.
We are from argentina and i had in mind the option to earn money to travell there,including making the procedures such as passport,visa,health secure etc…
The idea was to make the procedures and ask for a non inmigrant visa,a temporary resident in USA for tourism/medical purposes ( that petition have to be made to the local embassy of United States )
According to the 23&Me lab,they send a tub where the patient need to spit a saliva sample.Then, the patient have to send the tub again to the lab and see the results via e-mail,after 2 months.
We are from argentina like i said before and they don’t make shipping to our country.That’s why i picked the option to travell there.
Now the new problem is that,they say that in order to get the tests,we have to be citizens of USA and we don’t have double nacionality,so is useless to travell there because they won’t give me the tub to bring it home.
The idea was to travell to the lab,bring the tub home, for my brother to take the saliva sample,then travell again to the lab to give them the tub,to make the test while i stay there for 2 months.

But now we don’t have any option to make it work!!!
Can anyone give us a hand somehow??? Time pass and pass and we don’t know what will happen.We need to make the test for him now!!!
We can’t wait for the lab to habilitate shippings to our country.Would take months or years!!!
I FEEL SO FRUSTRATED!!!

You already have a Member Story. Please edit your existing topic instead. This topic will be deleted in 24 hours.

Wouldn’t it be cheaper to ship to a US address, contact a third party courier that ships to argentina, spit in the tube and send it back?

1 Like

That is way too much work and $$ to spend to take a simple test. I am sure there is a similar service in Argentina. All you need is the raw data anyways.

1 Like

Mods were pretty adamant that we need to have the same test from that company done. I work for a company that also does genetic testing which I could get my raw data for free and they still wanted me to go through 23andme