Where are you from (country)?
How did you find this forum (Google search – if so, what search terms? Via link from a forum or website – if so, what page? Other?)
What is your current age, height, weight?
20, 5’7, 70kg
Do you excercise regularly? If so, what type of excercise?
I used to be a bodybuilder but stop recently as I have back injuries
What type of diet do you eat (vegetarian, meat eater, raw, fast-food/organic healthy)?
Healthy, avoid meat and gluten since brain fog
Why did you take Finasteride (hair loss, BPH, other)?
For how long did you take Finasteride (weeks/months/years)?
How old were you, and WHEN (date) did you start Finasteride?
How old were you when you quit, and WHEN (date) did you quit?
How did you quit (cold turkey or taper off)?
What type of Finasteride did you use – Propecia, Proscar, Fincar or other generic?
What dose did you take (eg. 1 mg/day, 1 mg every other day etc.)?
How long into your use of Finasteride did you notice the onset of side effects?
What side effects did you experience while on the drug that have yet to resolve since discontinuation?
Put an X beside all that apply:
Loss of Libido / Sex Drive
Loss of Morning Erections
Loss of Spontaneous Erections
Loss of Nocturnal Erections
Inability to Ejaculate / Orgasm
Reduced Sperm Count / Motility
[X ] Emotional Blunting / Emotionally Flat
[X ] Difficulty Focusing / Concentrating
[ X] Confusion
Memory Loss / Forgetfullness
Stumbling over Words / Losing Train of Thought
Slurring of Speech
Lack of Motivation / Feeling Passive / Complacency
[X ] Extreme Anxiety / Panic Attacks
[X ] Severe Depression / Melancholy
[X ] Suicidal Thoughts
Penile Tissue Changes (narrowing, shrinkage, wrinkled)
Penis curvature / rotation on axis
Testicular Shrinkage / Loss of Fullness
Genital numbness / sensitivity decrease
Gynecomastia (male breasts)
Dry / Dark Circles under eyes
Persistent Fatigue / Exhaustion
Stomach Pains / Digestion Problems
Constipation / “Poo Pellets”
Vision - Acuity Decrease / Blurriness
Increased hair loss
Lowered body temperature
Other (please explain)
Wake up from sleep for 3 times
- What (if any) treatments have you undertaken to recover from your side effects since discontinuation of the drug?
-I’m from Malaysia and I think I the only one that suffered from this bad pfs. But I took couple of supplements
5.Calcium and vit D
- If you have pre or post-Finasteride bloodtests, what hormonal changes have you encountered since discontinuing the drug (pls post your test results in the “Blood Tests” section and link to them in your post)?
-I’m broke student with mountain of debt and I cant afford these things
- Anything not listed in the above questions you’d like to share about your experience with Finasteride?
- I took generic propecia for happy 2 weeks with 0.25mg and the 1 week with 0.5mg and then suddenly when I took 1mg the symptoms started to kick in. There is one night when I got pain in my chest. After that, when i woke up the other day I got serious panic attack that made me stayed at the hospital. This is the worst thing that ever happened to me. I’m shaking and cant feel my body, and heart beating like I’m going to die and I’m totally fucked up. Since the panic attack, I thought that everything will be normal again. So I took the finasteride again with 0.25mg for 3 days and then stopped.
- Tell us your story, in your own words, about your Finasteride usage and side effects experienced while on/off the drug.
- When I experienced the panic attack I was in the exam week. So basically I failed my test and made me even depressed. Ever since the panic day I got heavy brain fog that made me feel detached from the world. It’s the worst symptoms I guess as you cant focus and think properly. This brain fog made me high like smoke a big fat marijuana. The first two days I feel good with it as it made stop over thinking. But stayed high from brain fog everyday for a month that is a bad experience.
I still can mastrubate tho and my libido is pretty good. I’m afraid the pfs worsen. So, I want to ask I’m going to get those sexual effect and slumbering speech(since everyone with brain come with this side effect) after this?
I’m off from the drugs for 3 weeks and 2 days now and suffered from heavy brain fog. I need my brain back for my assignment and for my student life. This made me even depressed as I’m from malaysia and I think I’m the only suffered from this brain foggy mind condition. I need your help brothers. I’m begging. (Sorry for my bad english)