2.5 Month Update - Feeling Desperate

Hey guys, it’s been 2.5 months since my first post and things continue to get worse…

The testicular atrophy has continued, and it feels like my testicles are 1/2 their original size or smaller.

Given how incredibly rare this condition is, I cannot believe it hit me. I wish so badly that I never stopped taking FIN which is when I noticed all the sides.

Maybe I could have been fine with no sexual sides and hair had I just kept going idk…

My GP says the side effects may persist and I’m just so torn on what to do.

The atrophy is relentless and the sensitivity remains low. I’m just feeling desperate.

I have not stopped taking minoxidil because I’ve been on it years with no issues.

I also still use DHT shampoo and Nizoral because I can’t imagine those are potent enough to be significant…I never even noticed hair gain from them.

I’m considering cutting all of those products, but even in the last two months I’ve had dramatic hair loss.

I’m actually wondering, based on previous anecdotes, if getting back on FIN could help reverse the issue … I could feel it out and ween off slowly? Terrible idea?

I’ve heard asparagus and testosterone boosting foods might help?

How about masturbating without orgasm to increase T?

I’m nervous that if I don’t do something, my testicles will shrivel and stop working… they seem to be on their way… my right testicle is soft and barely bigger than my thumb. It used to be big enough I could fill my first with it …

Has anyone totally lost their testicles or successfully reversed the atrophy?

I haven’t had labs done yet because I have much less disposable income than I used to.

For what it’s worth I also had Covid a few months back, not sure it’s relevant

Just freaking out a bit, any arvice greatly appreciated as always.

Do not get back on finasteride. You will become far worse than you are now, I can assure you.

Also, drop everything anti-androgenic. Minoxidil, the shampoos, everything. There are patients who have developed this condition from those substances alone, even without finasteride.

You may not even have PFS if you are still using them. Drop them and give it a few weeks then report back.

Thanks Sugarhouse I can give it a shot. Hairfall has been insane anyways so I guess it’s time to accept the loss.

Also, I know it’s thought to be a complex constellation of interacting systems causing PFS, one theory being a flood of DHT upon stopping FIN and over-stimulating androgen receptors.

I didn’t see any issues until I stopped FIN, because my prescription ran out. So I’ve been hesitant to stop taking any more 5-AR inhibitors like the min / shampoos.

But I can try

1 Like