14 years after Accutane - ZERO LIBIDO is the only persistent side effect

Where are you from (country)? Poland

How did you find this forum (Google search – if so, what search terms? Via link from a forum or website – if so, what page? Other?) I’ve been a member/lurker to all these boards for ~10 years. Hello @Dubya_B

What is your current age, height, weight? 31yo/175cm/85kgs

What specific drug did you use (finasteride, dutasteride, saw palmetto, isotretinoin/Accutane, fluoxetine, sertraline, citalopram, leuprorelin, etc…)? Accutane

What dose did you take (eg. 1 mg/day, 1 mg every other day etc.)? Don’t remember (14 years ago)

What condition was being treated with the drug? Acne

For how long did you take the drug (weeks/months/years)? Several months (4?)

How old were you, and WHEN (date) did you start the drug? 16y.o

How old were you when you quit, and WHEN (date) did you quit? 16/17y.o.

How did you quit (cold turkey or taper off)? Taper off.

How long into your usage did you notice the onset of side effects? Steady regress.

What side effects did you experience that have yet to resolve since discontinuation? Zero libido.

Check the boxes that apply. You can save your post first, then interactively check/uncheck the boxes by clicking on them. If your symptoms change, please update your list.

Sexual
[*] Loss of Libido / Sex Drive in this post accutane state I’ve needed super strong/kinky and novel things to get interested. As explained below no fap didn’t help, however.
[ ] Erectile Dysfunction - sometimes but it’s mostly to not being horny/excited
[ ] Complete Impotence
[*] Loss of Morning Erections these are on and off
[*] Loss of Spontaneous Erections
[] Loss of Nocturnal Erections
[ ] Watery Ejaculate
[ ] Reduced Ejaculate
[ ] Inability or Difficulty to Ejaculate / Orgasm
[ ] Reduced Sperm Count / Motility

Mental
[ ] Emotional Blunting / Emotionally Flat
[ ] Difficulty Focusing / Concentrating
[ ] Confusion
[ ] Memory Loss / Forgetfulness
[ ] Stumbling over Words / Losing Train of Thought
[ ] Slurring of Speech
[ ] Lack of Motivation / Feeling Passive / Complacency
[ ] Extreme Anxiety / Panic Attacks
[ ] Severe Depression / Melancholy
[ ] Suicidal Thoughts

Physical
[ ] Penile Tissue Changes (narrowing, shrinkage, wrinkled)
[ ] Penis curvature / rotation on axis
[ ] Testicular Pain
[ ] Testicular Shrinkage / Loss of Fullness
[ ] Genital numbness / sensitivity decrease
[ ] Weight Gain
[ ] Gynecomastia (male breasts)
[ ] Muscle Wastage
[ ] Muscle Weakness
[ ] Joint Pain
[ ] Dry / Dark Circles under eyes

Misc
[ ] Prostate pain
[ ] Persistent Fatigue / Exhaustion
[ ] Stomach Pains / Digestion Problems
[ ] Constipation / “Poo Pellets”
[ ] Vision - Acuity Decrease / Blurriness
[ ] Tinnitus (ringing or high pitched sound in ears)
[ ] Hearing loss
[ ] Increased hair loss
[ ] Frequent urination
[ ] Lowered body temperature

[ ] Other (please explain)

What (if any) treatments have you undertaken to recover from your side effects since discontinuation of the drug? A lot. Clomid, TRT, dozens of supplements, thc oil… Interesting fact: no drug/supplement resulted in ANY difference (better/worse).

Other that that psychotherapy (recommend), cold showers, Wim Hof breathing.

If you have pre or post-drug blood tests, what hormonal changes have you encountered since discontinuing the drug (please post your test results in the “Blood Tests” section and link to them in your post)?

Anything not listed in the above questions you’d like to share about your experience?

Tell us your story, in your own words, about your usage and side effects experienced while on/off the drug.

I’m doing good in life.
Been eating healthy, exercising. Am successful at work (multitasking, decision-making, management).
**The problem is haven't had any libido whatsoever.**

In the past I’ve tried a number of things including Clomid, T-shots, antipsychotics, raw food diet, dozens of supplements. What is really interesting I never experienced any change - be it positive or negative.

I’v tried nofap as well. Actually, right now I’m about 100 days without any sexual release. Of course, as opposed to your typial nofap it’s been super easy to achieve 100 days when you have no libido.

Blood results which I’ve done billion don’t show anything suspicious. I checked DHT many years ago and it was low but in norm.

I’m muscled and lean. I’d say putting on muscle and cutting has always been tougher than for most people. That’s obviously a highly subjective observation.

I have weak facial hair on the cheeks. There is something happening on the chin and pretty decent moustache (60-70% of good, total coverage). Bodyily hair growth is slow. I can shave my pits every 3-4 weeks and it’s no longer that ~1cm.

Anyway, like said, I’m in a good place overall.

I feel I have a clean system (nofap, good nutrition, no drugs being taken) to try and focus on the libido with no factors that could potentially cloud the the resuts/progress.

Questions:

1) what would be the “best chance” protocol for me to try?

1. Are there any other cases like me that don’t react to any treatments?
1 Like

How long did you take clomid? Did you only take it once or multiple cycles? Did you try other PCT drugs like HCG, nolvadex?