14 Day Water Fast - My Improvements

Thanks for answering. I guess you can do it as long as you don’t have very stressful or physically straining work.

And you are sure that site is reliable? Or i guess i should research water fasting on my own but that specific site’s description sounds promising as it sounds like your body is actually getting rid of yeast/candida. I also improved my vision by a great deal along with the energies on the Kos therapy.

You should def. read this recent recovery story up as i think it ties up with your improvements/therapy’s objective: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6115&start=0

I can’t vouch for the site, but I can tell you that the stages it described were practically identical to what I experienced while I was on it. It was a very accurate road map. I think it’s a good idea to do research on your own to get a better idea of what to expect. Watch some video blogs on youtube, read about the dangers, benefits, and how to break a water fast properly.

Someone had posted that link earlier in this thread, it definitely supports the idea of a water fast.

I cross-posted this over here: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=6161&p=51513#p51513

Regarding fasting vs. partial fasting, has anyone considered bone broths? They’re almost like “IV Nutrition,” if you will. They’re often prescribed in cases of ulcerative colitis or extreme gut situations. This could be one dietary tactic to cooling gut inflammation / digestive workload as a standalone or in synergy with meds. Bone broths contain many beneficial nutrients, including gelatin (hydrolyzed collagen), glucosamine, chondroitine, magnesium and other minerals

Some recipes and info:
marksdailyapple.com/the-perfect-pot-of-primal-soup/#axzz1kXDkUqZ0
marksdailyapple.com/cooking-with-bones/#axzz1kXDkUqZ0

grassfedmomma.blogspot.com/2010/10/for-heathy-grass-fed-bone-broth.html

jadeinstitute.com/jade/bone-broth-health-building.php

This is a very detailed breakdown of the composition of broth:
townsendletter.com/FebMarch2005/broth0205.htm

Ok time for another update. I’ve had enough sex now and am 100% sure I’ve had an increase in my ability to get erections easily. It happens when my girlfriend just lays her head in my lap, if she gets her hand in the vicinity of my crotch, and the other day I drove by a small body of water and got a boner and have no idea why (I remember it being like this when I was about 16-18). Previously none of these things would even come close to getting me aroused; only abstinence from sex, or direct physical contact. Once again, I thought all this had stopped because of maturity, it’s only now I realize it was abnormal.

I don’t mean to get graphic but it’s necessary in order to give people a good idea what’s going on. I have always (when I say always I mean for the past 10-11 years that I was taking finasteride) had difficulty finishing by having a girl go down on me. This is no longer the case. Also, let’s say I am having sex and then go down on the girl, while I’m down there I would typically lose my erection because I wasn’t having direct physical contact, not anymore.

Despite all this, I don’t seem to WANT sex any more often than I did before I had the water fast. I used to want it around every three days, this is about the same now. The difference is if my gf provokes me at any time I can get an erection and then feel like it, even if it’s the next day - it was not like this before where it just wasn’t going to happen, unless she really put some work into it.

Another postive affect that I mentioned earlier has maintained, my penis is larger when flacid. I used to have a sort of tightness or tension on my penis, especially when I was sitting at my desk for a long time. It was almost like it was retracting inside of me. Now it’s nice and flimsy and swings. Sorry for the visuals but I’m trying to help everyone understand.

Now, staying scientific about this, I honestly can’t say for 100% sure that this is all having to do with the water fast. I’m trying to improve my way of life so I’m throwing everything I can at this. I am taking some other things that are supposed to help with erectile dysfunction, but these things aren’t supposed to start working until about two to three months and in some cases six months. I’ve been taking them for less than a month. So while I don’t think it’s the herbs, it’s still a possibility.

So take what you like out of all this, I’m just passing on the information. I strongly believe that this 14 day pure water fast followed up by a week 1/2 of juicing has had an amazing affect on my mind and body because these things started happening right after. I am looking forward to doing it again at the chance I could even get more benefits.

It’s important that everyone reading this knows that I do not emblish things, and I have no desire to lead anyone in the wrong direction about anything. I do have a desire to help people get throught his because I know it’s a sort of living torcher in many ways. Someone who has a lot of will power needs to take this plunge and do a 21-28 day pure water fast, recover, post it here so that more people will buy into this.

I’m not sure how many more updates I’ll make. If this continues as it has for the next month or two then I’m going to get on to living my life and making up for the things I’ve been missing.

During your fast did you have bad periods or was it a slow improvement all the way?

some questions 4 brong. 1 so your benefits (particularly sexual ones) seem to last in time, don’t they? 2 i’ve been taking nystatin for 10 days now, i’m trying ihp recovery path and i don’t want to quit it so soon, so to your mind can i do water fast and take medicines too, particularly nystatin? 3 did you get very thin? because i’m already thin and i don’t want to get much thinner, particularly have you lost muscles? 4 what would be a diet as most similar as possible to a water fast? like eating no carbohydrates, or no fats or what?

Brong,

thanks for the updates. I hope you could answer a couple of questions before you leave the forum for awhile.

Your description of your experiences with sex were helpful, since I always have had the same problem with needing the girl to finish things in the same way for me also.

So my main question is, did you have a loss of sensativity in your unit before and has some returned now?

The other question I have, is did you complete the fast in some type of medicial institution? I believe you said this is your first fast. So I’m curious if you did it under the supervision of experienced people.

BrongFog

I am determined to start the water fast soon.
However, there are some risks involved (liver, kidneys etc.). Did you have any problems while fasting, e.g. pain in kidneys or liver etc? Can you tell me what to consider while fasting (when do we need to stop etc.).
Thanks for your help and glad that you feel so much better.

@tim1911
During a pure water fast your body shuts down libido as well as other things so it can focus completely on healing. So during the water fast I saw no improvements, but after I started eating my body kicked back into gear I began to see the changes. Think of it like fixing a car; If you were going to fix the engine you would turn the vehicle completely off, make changes / upgrades etc, but the improvements wouldn’t be obvious until you started it back up and drove it for awhile. This works the same way. During the water fast I experienced some nausea, dizziness, and pains…it was very obvious my body was detoxing all the buildup in my tissues and organs and my urine was extremely bubbly (a sign of the release of toxins). Basically, you’re going to get worse before you get better.

@esermon
A lot of these questions I’ve talked about in previous posts in this thread, go back and check them out for more details.

1. As for the benefits lasting, right now I’m only about a month past the water fast and they’re still going strong, only time will tell but I believe something has physically changed with me.
  2. As for the nystatin, I have read many places that it is not safe to take medications while on a water fast so I would avoid it. If you’re going to go through a water fast do it right and don’t take anything but water.
  3. I was also concerned about losing muscle, and while I did lose 20 pounds it was mainly fat, I have maintained the vast majority of my muscle (I work out so I was concerned). Your body knows that muscle is an important part of survival, so it won’t start really digging into using muscle for fuel until you are in starvation mode, which doesn’t happen until all your fat is used up. Muscle loss will be very minimal, if at all. If you are already very skinny then a water fast may not be right for you.
  4. Unfortunately I don’t think there is anything like a water fast. If you eat anything else at all your body is using that food or juice for energy and won’t be digging into your own body for energy. However, I have read that a pure organic juice fast can be extremely good at ridding toxins, and this may work for you.

@bostonusa
Honestly I had been taking finasteride for so long that it’s tough to say if I had a loss of sensitivity. When I started taking it I never paid attention to my body at all, I took the drug and as long as I wasn’t bleeding out of my ears I thought I was ok. The fact that I can now fairly easily orgasm from a girl giving me head where as before it was almost impossible leads me to believe that I did have sensitivity issues which have now been resolved. On the other hand the fact that I’m not positive of this leads me to believe that if I did have a loss of sensitivity it wasn’t dramatic or I would know for sure. I’m sorry I can’t be more specific, I only want to say what I know for sure, and I just can’t be on this one. All I can say with certainty is that I am getting erections WAY easier and an orgasm is easier to reach.
I did the water fast completely on my own; I just stopped eating anything and was only drinking water. I saw too many people posting youtube videos about water fasting for me to believe it’s something I need to go to a hospital for…my mentality was, “if those people can do it then I can do it”.

@keepup
I absolutely had pain in my kidneys and at one point had a blotchy red rash on my stomach, these are intense detoxification symptoms. I found that drinking more water helped alleviate these pains. When you go into this you need to be prepared for a bumpy ride, but you can do it. Here is a video blog of a girl who did a 21 day water fast:

youtube.com/watch?v=i4tLv0W-Bpo&feature=fvwrel

You need to stop your water fast if you feel that you simply cannot go on anymore, however, being really hungry and wanting a sandwich probably doesn’t indicate you can’t go on anymore. Most likely if you still have fat on your body then you can go on. Fat is stored energy, so if it’s there then you have energy. Just remember, if you can make it past three days the physical hunger will completely go away, after 7 days the mental attachment you have to food will fade and it’s pretty smooth sailing from there. When you break the fast it’s very important you only drink organic liquids for a couple of days, then move to soft foods like applesauce and yogurt and slowly work your way to more solid foods. I would recommend eating a bunch of fruits and vegetables before the fast to have your body stock up on vitamins that can be used during the fast.

Here is a link to a dr answering some good questions about water fasting. drbenkim.com/fasting.html

Once again, I’m not a Dr. and have only done personal experimentation so none of this is medical advice.

BrongFogBoy,
thanks for taking the the time to answer our questions.
One question: can you tell me when you stopped taking Finasteride (at what month last year). I remembered you told me that you have only stopped recently.
Unfortunately, I am suffering fro 8 years by now.

Thanks again

It shows my stats right under my name. I’ve been off it for around 5-6 months.

BrongFogBoy
sorry to ask you that irrelevant question. I saw it already. What I wanted to know is: When did you recognize side effects while you were still taking the drug?

The side effects of Finasteride creeped up on me so slowly that there was never a date where I completely recognized the side effects. Again, it’s like when you yawn and your ears pop/open up - you can hear better and suddenly realize you haven’t been hearing well for who knows how long. This is the best analogy I have found for explaining how finasteride affected me.

I only discovered I was being affected once I completely stopped taking it and had that 1-2 weeks of feeling amazing followed by a huge crash.

I want to call on people of this forum to start 2/3 weeks of water fast. I can’t do it now because i’m taking nystatin and following ihp’s recovery schedule (with scarce results until now…), after all it’s worth it, it costs nothing, it lasts just 2 or 3 weeks and it can tell us a lot about it, if it can really help us or brong’s was just an isolated case.

I’m giving serious thought to this personally. My current life situation is the only thing stopping me from doing it; The job and other obligations. You really need to turn your life completely off for a couple of weeks. Brainfogboy did it without going to a place to get assistance. However, I personally believe my best chance to complete this will be to go away to a place that is devoted to this service. If I am surrounded by others who are about to go through the same procedure, it would be a tremendous metal help. I’m looking for places now that I could go to with my family. They could vacation, while I go through the fast.

I found this place, but I’m not exactly thrilled with the idea of going to Panama. I’m still looking for other places.

tanglewoodwellnesscenter.com/

Lookin for science behind “fasting promotes self-healing of the body”
Found this

Fasting enhances growth hormone secretion and amplifies the complex rhythms of growth hormone secretion in man.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC329619/?page=1

Also interesting, a link to Awor’s findings?
Fasting and High-Fat Diet Alter Histone Deacetylase Expression in the Medial Hypothalamus
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3078138/?tool=pmcentrez

You can find a lot of studies on fasting on pubmed but most of the time the science is way over my head for me to make any sense out of them. Also I havent been able to easily find studies on prolonged water fasting in humans.

Very interesting for us, the endocrine impacts of fasting on men
Fasting suppresses pulsatile luteinizing hormone (LH) secretion and enhances orderliness of LH release in young but not older men.
I post the whole abstract

Not sure what to make of this, how important is the “orderliness” of LH release? Could fasting help to “reset” our system back to a more optimal LH release pattern? Or is the suppressive effect of fasting on LH only a negative thing?

Who had success with a fast (e.g. water only fast)
What symptoms got better?

Keepup, IMO, I would look at the fast as a great starting point. I wouldn’t look at it as the potential cure. I think you could really be disappointed. IHP did his fast and then kept to ridiculous diet for months.

I also say this because I am favoring doing the fast myself to get a jump on this thing. I have been consulting with several of the moderators of some of the Candida forums online. They claim it could help, but it certainly will not solve a Candida infestation problem. They could go into a spore forum and become dormant, so they don’t die off.

If I end up doing the water fast, I would certainly go to a fasting retreat, otherwise I’ll be raiding the food cabinet after day 2.

dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2107299/Can-fasting-days-week-stop-dementia-It-sounds-far-fetched-scientists-think-slashing-calories-combat-host-illnesses.html

An article that discusses the benefits of even 2 day fasts

I have a short story/quick question for anyone who has tried fasting for more than a few days.

An internet-buddy of mine who also got screwed up from accutane recently e-mailed me and said he noticed significant sexual improvements after doing a water fast (not sure how long, I’ll have to ask him).
Last November the guy told me he could barely get it up. Now he says he has an “urge” daily and can go 2-3 times a day easily.

I find it hard to believe and don’t understand how it could help, but if it works it works.
Anyways, I’m not holding my breath for it to miraculously heal me, but was thinking of giving it a try since it sounds like a low risk treatment attempt. The problem is seeing many accounts of people complaining about the “side effects” of fasting. Some of them talk like it gets pretty rough after more than a few days.

Are they just pussies?

Can anyone who has done a water fast lasting greater than seven days tell me what the worst of their pains/fatigue was like. Is it as bad as some people make it sound? Should I take a week off from work to attempt it? I would rather be at work during the fast if possible.

Thanks.