1 Year since developing PFS

Tried to post this in member stories but couldnt :upside_down_face:

I wanna keep this thread short, a year ago I got PFS full blown from 4 doses. It was absolute hell, it still is hell. I’ve learnt to deal with the daily grind but it sucks because life was never a grind before.

Anyway simply put my libido is trash unless I use aphrodisiacs, I came off TRT - no difference, I’m now suffering from social anxiety, anhedonia and just general sexual dsyfunction.

I’d rate my PFS moderate, namely because my beard hair etc… has thinned and I have almost every symptom bar brain fog (which I had at the beginning when still on finasteride). I fortunately don’t have joint or tendon pain.

All in all PFS fucked my life massively. Got into amphetamines heavily and ended up in intense psychosis almost jumping off a bridge, currently medicated so doing okayish I suppose.

I just thought I’d leave an update since the community and mods have been very supportive to me over the year. And for those who have only just got PFS, I know the feel it sucks its absolutely tortorious but please do your best to hang on it does get easier to handle sometimes.

My DMs are always open to anyone who wants to talk about PFS or about anything in general.

Take care

6 Likes

Hey buddy. I am nearing year 16. I have literally had PFS since I was 18. Missed out on plenty as have almost all of us. However, I’ve never stopped researching and trying different things out. My first marriage will probably come to an end this week (my decision), but you know what. I am lucky as fuck as a human. I have 2 beautiful and healthy children. The cognitive / energy symptoms I have are gone more than they are around these days. I am the director of a healthcare agency with 50+ employees. I wish to fuck I could wake up and realize this was all a dream, but it wasn’t and I’ve slowly climbed out of hell into what is a livable and healthy life. If I can do it, you can too.

6 Likes

Hi Moonman.

It’s always inspiring to hear a story like yours. I’m currently suffering from insomnia, low libido, ed and low mood as my symptoms. Just wondering if you had experienced insomnia and if it improved over time?

I still have the low libido so I can’t help you there. Sexual symptoms are my final frontier.

Insomnia for me has been taken care of in a variety of ways. Focusing on GABA, healthy adrenals, and lifestyle factors.
Here are my staples for it
-Adoptogens throughout the day. Cordyceps and rhodoila are my favorite. Ashwaghandia is good at night in circumstances. I don’t do this everyday, but more like every other day or so.
-Cortef when needed. Its impossible for me to give advice on this without seeing a 24 hour urinary cortisol test. If I am getting adrenaline rushes at bed time or when I wake up in the middle of the night, popping 10mg gets rid of it and lets me sleep. However, it will put on some belly fat over time.

-Coconut Oil or Honey before bed, I used to do coconut oil but switched to honey right before bed. It has helped with the low cortisol and low sugar that creates adrenaline surges not letting you sleep.

-Acetyl Glutathione - I can’t confirm this has helped because the honey experiment began at the same time. But it seems that Glutathione before bed is definitely helpeful. I believe because it can breakdown into Glycine which calms you via GABA.

-I take Phenibut 1x per week. The night of the day I take it I get the best sleep on earth.

1 Like

Thank you for your response! I’m really struggling to cope these days. Especially with the added pressure at work. Your description of a racing heart really hits home, as whenever I wake up in the middle of the night, it’s often with a very fast heartbeat. Might need to ask for a 24 hour urinary cortisol test.