1 good day then hell

Guys, I’ve had a really bad week with insomnia and feelings of nausea, dread, irritability, negativity “the works” then out of the blue i was almost my old self yesterday, managed to put negativity in a box and had feelings of positivity and hope for the future. Then zero sleep last night and all the usual escalation coupled with all the physical stuff plus suicidal ideation. It’s been a tough day! Whilst I recognise this is linked to the hormonal imbalances, I just want any suggestions on coping strategies. Cheers

3 Likes

I think that for me, coping strategies begin and end with the knowledge that this is not a permanent condition.

If there’s one thing we can all point at, it’s that someone here is having or has recently had a good day. That good day may or may not have coincided with having eaten 2 steaks or a bottle of vitamin D or 3 litres of milk or having sex. Or not having sex. Or going to the gym. Or not going to the gym.

It’s really unfortunate that nobody can say do X or Y AND Z to fix things even temporarily but that people get better for a day or two is the key knowledge.

We can get better and back on track. It’s possible without help and as time and science advances, we will find how to do it deliberately.

Nobody wants to be here and everyone wants their life back. With time we’ll all be back as good as ever.

7 Likes

Thanks Greek, sound words

1 Like

are you self-administering nlp?

Yeah just real basic simple self talk, nothing sort of a professional

It works if you ask the right questions and answer honestly (It should be the painful uncomfortable truth)

1 Like

Did you study nlp? if yes, all by yourself? I mean, self-taught?

1 Like

Self taught, read that book gorilla mindset and watched some videos

The self talk aspect of it really helps. Don’t know much about the other parts

1 Like

i’d like to study nlp and i wanted to start from the real begin, you know, the Bandler and Grinder books. i’m only afraid it will require too much time.

1 Like

A couple hours a day should be enough to learn enough Over time