Years in hell

@matis. glad to hear u r doing well. did u suffer from numbness or lack of sensativity and has this improved? i hope u can reply

Well mine doesn’t go tight in the middle for example, whilst it feels almost hard as a stone when resting, it reminds me a corpse, a corpse that has already got rigid especially the left corpo cavernoso (sorry i don’t know how to translate it in english) the one with fibrosis. My left corpo cavernoso in addition is much smaller than the right one, is something horrible to touch, but to tell the truth i don’t know if that’s finasteride’s fault, when i was healthy i didn’t even know what a corpo cavernoso was, so i never set my attention on that before fina. I know it’s difficult, but can you explain better what you mean for rotates on its axis?

yes, it was propecia’s fault.

stop eating foods that have sugar in it like candy and sweets and soda. the same thing happens to my penis when i eat sugar. it shrinks into my body, it gets all wrinkly, and feels hard as if blood is trapped in there. when i stopped eating sugar, this stopped happening to me.

of course that is propecia’s fault, i meant i don’t know if the size (just the size, not the consistency) of my left corpo cavernoso had been affected by propecia, about that i’m not sure, or rather i think i’m just a bit paranoiac about it.

Hello Matis,

Thanks for taking time to post your story.

Stories like this give me hope. am down 4.5 years. am wondering if did any bloodwork after your recovery and if yes post them for us please. In fact I would urge you to do Hormone profile now if possible. It many help us who are still suffering.

Mark

Sorry for the delay in answering. I’ve been very busy lately and i had to make a business trip last week.

First, thank you for your kind words. i will try to answer the doubts that have emerged.

Well, about my sexual sides, i didn’t have penis shrinkage, little ejaculation or change in the testicles size. My problem was that i had no libido. I could get an erection when i masturbated, but i couldn’t get one to have sex because of the absent libido. As i said before, i had no sexual life in the first 5 years after fin. Than i slowly started to feel that my libido was returning until the point that i could feel the desire for sex again, and i could have sex again.

Today i don’t have the same level of sexual desire that i had before fin, and i don’t feel the same level of pleasure (and also the orgasm, Lennon) that i used to feel. But i do feel recovered in this aspect because i’ve improved from a life without sex to a normal sex life. But it’s important to say that my sensitivity has had a huge improvement, but it’s not the same as it was before fin. And as i said i didn’t have penis shrinkage, but i see no reason for this aspect doesn’t improve if the others do, considering that all the different side effects come from the same problem. That’s just my guess.

The most devastating side effects for me, besides libido, were the mental issues (depression, lack of energy, brain fog, a sensation of isolation from the rest of the world). And these sides improved drastically. The depression and the sensation of isolation disappeared. About energy, today i’m much better, and i can have a normal life. But i know that it’s not the same amount of energy that i had before fin. I hope that i can reach this level of energy again in the next years.

bryce54, i had i gradual recovery. My body started to heal itself after few years, and i hope that it’s still doing that. As i’ve written before, i tried a lot of different drugs with no improvement (Luckfast, I really was willing to take HGH, i just didn’t because was too expensive). I didn’ do any change in my life style or diet. After trying so many things with no improvement, i had given up and decided to move on with my life as i could. Thank God that my body started to heal itself even after years, but i admit that i had lost hope at that time.

Great idea Mark, i hadn’ thought in doing new blood tests to check how they look like now. i’m gonna do it as soon as possible and post it here.

This link has the tests that i did when the side effects were very strong:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=858

Everything in normal range. The testosterone level were always a little low (dispite in normal range according to doctors), however when i took testosterone and arimidex by myself i didn’t feel any better, even with bizarre amounts of synthetic testosterone in my blood (up to 3.000 ng/dL!). But it may be clarifying to know how much is my testosterone an estrogen level now.

Than you for the kind words one more time. I think that my case and others that i have seen in this forum show that, even for the people who suffer many years with the fin sides, it doesn’t mean that is forever. During that dark times I thought that was in my case, but it was not.

I am here to answer any doubts about my case and help as i can. If anyone prefers to send me a private message, please feel free for that.

matis can you pls reach me at kurukunkurukuru@gmail.com