Why not just drink a lot of milk?

When I drink a lot of milk I noticed a hugely increased libido, oily face and scalp, and acne. These all seem like signs that DHT has increased. Basically the opposite of what Fin does.

Unfortunately for me dairy gives me bad side effects like indigestion, eczema, and the above mentioned acne. Perhaps it is a lactose intolerance so I may experiment with lactose free milk though I’m worried the lactose is key to PFS improvement. Perhaps taking lactase digestive enzymes would be a better idea.

Has anyone else noticed similar effects in themselves? I’m wondering if this might be a potential treatment.

I haven’t correlated it but I do drink milk, eat yoghurt and cheese a fair amount and my condition has generally improved.

That being said, I find the idea that drinking milk would be a significant driver of improvement more than a little bit unlikely.

I’d be happy to be proved wrong.

Can you state how much milk you’re drinking, how often, how long it takes before you notice an improvement?

If you try milk as a treatment, please write down your results.

As I said, I’d be happy to be wrong so if you’re reading this and are going to try this, please write down what effect you get if any from this.

Take note of @tyrone747’s description of how much to use and how often and how long it takes once he’s posted it.

Worth noting if it’s full fat, skimmed or chocolate :slight_smile:

At my peak I was drinking 3 liters a day which is excessive. It was part of a muscle building diet. I found positive results in libido with as little as 1 liter a day. Full fat is what I always drank.

i drank raw milk and get sick, as soon as i stop drinking it i get better. not sure why that is i can drink normal milk from the supermarket fine . didnt notice any effect on PFS though

Raw milk has the potential to make everyone sick. The whole point of pasteurisation is to make milk safe to drink.

Funnily enough, when the people who campaigned for raw milk to be sold drank some to celebrate their success, they got sick.

1 Like

In a lot of countries we eat cheese with raw milk and I don’t think there is any problem.
I don’t think raw milk is a problem in itself, but it’s rather the fact of consuming it by drinking it.

There is a wave of information on the gut microbiome right now. Seems that certain bacteria have a large role in human health, and you can get at this via fermented foods. Definitely makes for interesting reading (and eating).

But don’t get lured into thinking this will fix your PFS. Don’t fall into the homebrew-fix camp. Money and time incinerated. The way out is via knowing the underlying biological mechanisms behind PFS. Only science research will tell us this. Then we have a decent shot at a treatment.

3 Likes

The method of action I propose is not a microbiome one but is hormonal. To quote another poster:

“Looking at this logically, we can see that while on propecia and when stopping propecia, our brains have a deficiency of DHT in them, which is what propecia does in order to stop hair loss. The deficiency in DHT causes the hormone progesterone not to be converted to allopregnenolone, so brain repair does not take place as it should and there is a deficiency of GABA that can lead to high levels of anxiety. The body then tries to correct this problem of a lack of brain repair. This attempt logically does one of two things to the adrenal glands. Firstly, this attempt could possibly create such stress on the adrenals that they wear out and get fatigued, or else, secondly, the adrenals might know the body needs allopregnenolone and so tries to make the needed allopregnenolone by producing more and more progesterone. This progesterone never gets converted into allopregnenolone, though, because the DHT is blocked. The adrenals may eventually get worn out by contiuing to produce more and more progesterone that never does anything because there is no DHT. The progesterone may even not be converted as it should into testosterone, cortisol, DHEA, etc., in the adrenal cascade, because it is being saved in the attempt to make the crucial allopregnenolone, thereby resulting in deficiencies in other hormones that are normally made from progesterone.
If the adrenal glands get burned-out, as medical evidence shows that they do in at least some cases of propecia users, then the adrenals stop being able to produce anywhere near enough progesterone. After propecia is stopped and DHT begins to return to the brain, then the brain now has the DHT it has needed, but it no longer has the progesterone that DHT converts into allopregnenolone, and so allopregnenolone still cannot be produced and the brain still cannot be repaired without allopregnenolone.”

So what does this have to do with milk? It’s loaded with progesterone. This gives the body the fuel it needs to produces the missing allopregneolone.

This study seems to indicate that because progesterone is fat soluble that milk might not be the best method to get it. Higher fat dairy products like butter, cheese, and ice cream are even better.

https://www.docguide.com/progesterone-dairy-products-poses-risks-presented-sabcs

2 Likes

I noticed that I seem to sleep better after eating yoghurt, butter.
I also think it’s progesterone in the milk.
Unfortunately I have lactose intolerance since a year, although it’s very unlikely due to my genes (SNP).
Did anyone else notice development of lactose intolerance as a possible symptom of PFS?

Yes, I too have developed lactose intolerance about one year ago (3 years after I quit fin). Most of my life I could drink a glass of milk with zero problems, as little as two years ago I was doing this. But for some reason I keep developing more symptoms. I wonder if some of us have a leaky gut.

I used to eat lots of cheese and ice cream by the quart, with no sense of any kind of improvement. It did taste good and add to my weight, but it’s an interesting argument about progesterone.