What can I use for a skin fungal infection?

What cause the least risk? I know ketoconaZole is the worst. After that I dont know

@dtch, what did happened with this in the end?

hey I know it sound funny but i used garlic. take a garlic and crush it there are garlic crushers it produces juce and use rub it on your skin do it for 1-2 weeks it helped me a lot.

Who are those recovered? Where are their anecdotes?

Interesting. If only there were a way to nullify the garlic smell though. Was it on an area that you could legally expose in public?

I may try Lamisil again. Last I checked there weren’t anything on it being an endocrine disruptor.

Ten healthy male volunteers received daily 200 mg of ketoconazole or 500 mg of terbinafine (SF 86-327) for a period of 8 days according to a crossover double-blind design. Between the periods of treatment there was an interval of 3 weeks. Before and during the treatments, on 3 days in all, blood levels of testosterone were determined in the morning at 08.00 and 12.00 h. On the following day in each case, after taking a basal blood sample, 5,000 IU of hCG were injected intravenously and 2 h later a further blood sample for plasma testosterone determination was taken (short-term hCG stimulation test). Prior to treatment, the mean plasma testosterone levels at 12.00 h were slightly below the level at 08.00 h (6.5 ± 3.5 against 7.2 ± 3.1 ng/ml).The difference increased and was statistically significant with ketoconazole treatment (4.2 ± 3.2 against 7.7 ± 3.0 ng/ml), but did not alter during administration of terbinafine (7.8 ± 4.4 against 6.8 ± 3.0 ng/ml). The administration of testosterone levels by hCG stimulated 25.6% prior to treatment. The stimulation was suppressed to zero by ketoconazole but clearly intensified (41.7%) by terbinafine treatment. The results demonstrate once more the well-known effect of ketoconazole on testosterone production and confirm that terbinafine obviously does not have this effect.

Nystatin Cream

I know this will probably get some push back, but I had a problem with fungus for years, tried all the over the counter stuff and it always came back. Finally went to the doctor and he recommended washing with Nizoral shampoo. It cleared it up almost immediately. Do your own research. I believe I have read that Ketoconazole does not go systematic when used as a shampoo. Seems like a low risk to me when used infrequently.

What was your method with Nizoral?

Yep, just to highlight the potential dangers of ketoconazole, a couple of quotes from the admins’ paper

“PFS” following therapeutic use and cessation of other substances?

Importantly, patients are increasingly presenting to us suffering what is ostensibly clinically “post-finasteride syndrome” following use of drugs and substances including Isotretinoin, Serenoa repens (saw palmetto) extract, SSRI antidepressants, topical ketoconazole, topical minoxidil, and high-dose phenolic compounds marketed as health supplements including quercetin and milk thistle extract.

Saw Palmetto (Serenoa repens)

Amongst propeciahelp membership, Serenoa repens (saw palmetto), an extract with markedly antiandrogenic properties commonly used in treatment of BPH and LUTS ​(Cicero et al., 2019)​, is the most prevalent alternative therapy causative of the syndrome. This is usually taken as a “natural” hair loss remedy. Although proportionally rarer, topical antiandrogenic products are causing patients to present with the syndrome, and these include finasteride, ketoconazole, the antiandrogen RU-58841 and minoxidil. In animals, Finasteride has been demonstrated to have significant systemic effects following topical application ​(Chen et al., 1995)​. **Ketoconazole is antiandrogenic and suppressive of steroid production, exhibiting nonmonotonic activity. As with other imidazole azole class drugs, the extremely potent endocrine disruptive properties of ketoconazole are attracting increasing scrutiny given their prevalence as antifungal treatments ​(Munkboel et al., 2019)**​.

@Tzinkman: Not sure what admins credentials are or where he got his information from but a simple search on ketoconazole going systemic show this:

“ General Precautions

Systemic Adverse Effects

“Although hepatotoxicity, decreased testosterone concentrations, and decreased ACTH-induced corticosteroid concentrations have been reported with oral ketoconazole, these adverse effects have not been reported with topical ketoconazole and are unlikely since the drug does not appear to be appreciably absorbed following topical application to skin.”

https://www.drugs.com/monograph/ketoconazole-topical.html

I just used it like a regular soap and left it on for a short period of time, probably a minute or less.

I got fucked really bad with topical Ketokonazole, destroyed my T levels and gave me pfs.

Could you tell us more? The amount used and how long you left it on your skin?

If you asked me. I used 1% ketokonazle for around 6 months. I was keeping it 2-5 mins ons skin while washing hair 2-3x a week. At 6 month mark i had 0 libido and pleasure, and got prostate pain followed with some redness on glans(which i still have 1,5 years later). Due prostate pain i went to doctor who presribed me SP pills( i took them for 2 months) which destroyed me. I never had AGA. Took ketokonazole for seb dermatitis… Now i have diffuse hairloss lol

@RipLife I thought you said you got pfs from saw palmetto extract.

I first used ketoconazole for 7 months, than SP for 2 months.

Any update on this? Dealing with oral thrush and fissures on my tongue

Has your oral thrush been confirmed? I have what I and my GP thought was oral thrush and it proved resistant to treatment so my GP swabbed it and it came back negative. I’m awaiting a dental hospital referral although that apparently takes months.

Good point - not confirmed, but I know this going to sound batshit crazy, but I also developed a crack in my tongue that was never there before. Very strange. Also I have jock itch that just won’t go away. Something is definitely off balance. I will get the swab done as well.

Picture of tongue below don’t be grossed out lol.