Were you hypersexual before finasteride?

I was hight hipersexual too.
I think highter than the people of my Age.

Me too, i was actually more ā€œafraidā€ to get an erection in normal situations like short glimpse in a girls cleavage that I had to cramp in the groin area to not built up an erection if you know what I mean although like sawprobleme a couple of posts ago said I couldnā€™t really read a book for an hour without any urges to masturbate too. And even when kissing or just a slight touch /tickle of a girl on my inner thighs or my knee I would become instantly hard.

Yesss but i was young so i think it was cause of that

Well I was 19-20 years old still young but out of puberty, and at the end of 20 when my side effects occured. It was like comparing apples to oranges or in a more dramatic example like you can walk in a second and in the next second you get hit by a car and become paraplegic.

I think itā€™s important to use age as a comparison to your peers. For example, I was 26 when I took propecia, and I had what would likely be considered much higher libido than people my age. When I told people I had sex 3-4 times a day each day they acted like I was a sex fiend, which was true. I think thereā€™s a difference between regular horny guys and hypersexuality, which is why there is a clinical definition in the first place.

Yes to the point of impairing my social life.

Finasteride is the drug to use for serial killers and prison inmates to stop the violent urges. This has been studied briefly. Thatā€™s my hypothesis.

No wonder finasteride destroys libido.

1 Like

I was and am still very horny and think about sex all the time but my penis is shrunk and refuses to work.

Exact same situation as me, and same drug too.

1 Like

Iā€™m new here, found this thread and have experience in this.

Iā€™m 64 y/o now. Throughout my life Iā€™ve been hypersexual, enjoying sexbin some form 3-4 times daily. Even in my 60ā€™s, my wife and I were still active several times a day.

That said, within a week of starting Proscar for BPH, my erections stopped. Completely. I havenā€™t had a boner now in eight months.

Without a doubt, finasteride killed my sex drive.

2 Likes

Hi Jim,

Welcome to our forum! Are you still on Finasteride?

If not, please consider posting a member story in the relevant sub-forum. We really could to with more members of a higher age as the demographic here is unsurprisingly skewed towards younger age groups.

Yes I need to post my profile and take the survey. I will do both soon.

I was on fin for 3 months, quit five months ago. Itā€™s been difficult to accept no sex life after 50 years of high activity. Sex was part of who I am, for better or worse.

Iā€™m searching the forum for answers and recovery. Not feeling too positive so far.

2 Likes

I was also hypersexual now Iā€™m completely castrated no libido and shrunken genitals. Crazy what this condition did to us

1 Like

We were all sexually healthy before. So we feel even greater loss on the pfs.

2 Likes

Yes, I was hypersexual before this to a point I was seeking advice for it.

Before pfs, when I saw NSFW

667_2289_538
Now after pfs

4 Likes

Yup. Used to masturbate on average 2-3 times a day, I think my record high was 8. Some days I still jerk off 2, 3, even 4 times, but I canā€™t imagine hitting 8 again. I canā€™t believe how horny I used to be. Iā€™d like to be that way again :frowning:

5 Likes

Yes, used to have a semi most of the day and walk around tactically playing with my keys in my pocket to avoid obvious boners walking around the building (lots of hot women.)

Libido was insane. In the gym Iā€™d have TROUBLE hiding boners.

Now nothing.

3 Likes

but did doing TRT not regain at least a bit? normal guys report bigger penises(at least flaccid) when on TRT

my record was 7, you got me beat. I remember missing events with my friends or being late because I had to rub one off a few times before going out.

1 Like

No not even a bit. TRT worked only for libido, well being, motivation and energy. I didnā€™t even gain muscle on 500mg. My physical symptoms are permanent until we have a cure.