Wellshoot's Member Story

You know, I’ve been thinking about the day I took finasteride. I had immediate stomach, facial and throat swelling. It’s like I had an allergic reaction to the drug. It seems like finasteride has some lactose in it, so could this have caused my suddenly bad reaction to this drug?

I have been eating yogurt for the past 2 months. I’ve also noticed that I’m spitting out a bit of phlegm every now and then, like my immune system is attacking something. There are people who developed allergies to certain foods and ingredients due to finasteride. I will try to avoid dairy and gluten in my diet to see if I have any changes.

1 Like

My digestion’s not right either sometimes. I get these hiccupy burps that never used to happen. Right now I’m pretty gassy too, things just don’t sit right in my stomach more often now. Healing the gut seems like an efficacious strategy from what I’ve read. @Chi and @doomed80 and @Ozeph and probably others all had success with that.

2 Likes

I’ve been feeling pretty ok the past few days. Still spells of brain fog usually midday. Tinnitus has not been bothering me. Sleep is ok. It might be in my head but I think gyno might’ve gone down a bit. Had a few moments of sexual urges while hanging out with a friend. If sexual sides went away, I’d be happy as a clam.

I still feel good. In the past, any upswing felt really unstable and like everything could come crashing down again at any moment. But this is the longest stretch of feeling well I’ve had and it feels stable. I’ve resolved to live my life as normally as possible without restricting diet, substances. Tinnnitus hasn’t returned in a good while. Light sensitivity is down. I’m more confident that gyno has gone down. No anxiety (beyond what I had prefin). Fogginess is down and if it does return, it’s short-lived and far less debilitating than in the past. Sleep has been pretty good, though not prefin. I had some digestive enzymes last night and had a really pleasurable poop this morning haha. Just something that hasn’t happened in a long time.

Really it’s just the sexual symptoms that are most stubborn for me but could probably perform alright if I tried. Still nerve-wracking though. The other day I had a really solid erection that would not go down which was cool. Might have been a superficial improvement because I had had a beer or two, but it was nice to see that that can still happen. Wishing you all the best.

Glad to see you’re doing better.

I believe you’ll make a full recovery soon.
I still have some joint clicking and back pain, unfortunately. I don’t think they’ll go away on their own. I will try to get some of my hormones tested.
I also lost a ton of muscle throughout my body. I’m not sure if I’ll ever get better.

It’s been just over 2 weeks of this plateau (no regression or progression really.) Still have the following symptoms:

-Weaker and slower erections
-genital numbness
-cold and often shriveled flaccid penis
-low libido
-gyno
-minor digestive issues
-some extra fat I didn’t have, not extreme though

Symptoms that cleared or greatly improved:

-head sensations in temple and forehead
-brain fog
-light sensitivity
-anhedonia
-anxiety
-ejaculate quality
-tinnitus
-sleep
-suicide ideation

Considering where I was at, I am very fortunate. It sucks that sexual sides aren’t clearing with everything else, but I’m hopeful that they will. I’ve been out marching the past several days getting lots of sun and exercise, trying to focus on other things, surrounding myself with positive people, trying to live as normally as possible and not overthink things. I don’t know if this helps, but this period of feeling good coincided with my starting to drink caffeine everyday. It certainly heightens my mood. I hope this gives people in the first months some hope. Best of luck!

1 Like

3 months off now. Not much has changed at all since last update. I might try a water fast to potentially improve my baseline. I’d need to find a convenient time though, and I’d want to clean up my diet prior as well. Best.

1 Like

how are you brother, did you see any improvement between 2 and 3 months off? Im heading towards the 3 months mark, its depressing that I dont seem to recover progressively.

Hey, man.

Glad to see you didn’t get worse. It’s also good news that you don’t have any physical debilitating symptoms.

Keep us updated.

This month has been relatively stable for me. I was looking through my journal back when I obsessively documented things and a month ago it looks like I had more severe ED and almost no libido. Seems my improvements were right around the 2 month mark. Now I have more frequent flashes of libido and my erections (while not standing anyway) are more reliable I feel and consistently stronger. Brain fog and tinnitus were there a month ago too, and now are rare. I still feel like my emotional colorwheel needs some filling in. Also knee pain is a recent development but manageable.

Nice.

Glad to see that you’ve improved.

Are you planning on adopting some regimen or will you wait it out?

I’m thinking about it. In the near future I will probably do some fasting and see if this helps.

Ate some gingko leaves off a tree the other day and went swimming. I noticed while changing that my flaccid wiener was not shrivelled like it normally would be. My mood was heightened and I was laughing on my bike ride for no reason. I went to a book store post swim and was really horny in the book store. Cuddling with my girl felt great. It was awesome. But then I ate some again and noticed blood in my stool so probably won’t do that again. I’m gonna try making it into a tea and see what it does for me.

I would tread very carefully with ginkgo, see this post

Oh shoot ok I appreciate you sharing that

1 Like

I was reckless with gingko and I regret it so much. Couldn’t get it up at all just now. I pray I didn’t permanently kill all the progress I made in the past months. Do people recover from gingko crashes?

Sorry to hear that, man.
Are you sure it’s the gingko and not just some random crash? Sometimes I get that, too. A few days ago, I had a mini crash and my back started hurting again. Today is much better.

It could have been a combination of factors. When I tried last night to get it up I was in a horribly anxious state which is obviously not conducive to good sexual performance anyway. I tried masturbating again this morning and things seem to be back to baseline (thank god) so I could have just freaked myself out. I hope it stays. Regardless I won’t be trying that again for sure. I never want to go back to the state I was in a few months ago and I was an idiot to put my progress in jeopardy like that. No matter how bad I want to get back to my normal self I have to remember that I’m so fortunate to have at least come to this point where lingering sexual sides are my biggest concern. Glad to hear you’ve bounced back from that mini crash!

Hi all,

I haven’t had much news to share, so I’ve just been reading on here when I return. But I’ve been running/sprinting, weight training, and eating cleaner (and way more meat) for the past few days. And last night I had sex and stayed erect even after finishing which hasn’t happened for some time now. I’m not claiming this was caused by lifestyle changes just yet, but I’ll keep you updated on any changes. Best

2 Likes

fell off the bandwagon with diet and things for a little bit. But dialing back in now. I am currently taking a cocktail of lemon, water, wormwood, clove, black walnut morning and night and drinking this tea called liver cleanse that has licorice and peppermint and things. I’ve cut way back on sugar and carbs. Meat, eggs, and dairy are mostly what I’ve been eating the past couple days. L-Acidophillus once or twice a day. Also been running and lifting some.
I noticed since trying to do this a week or two ago my penis has been warmer and less often shriveled. This is especially exciting because it is happening as weather is getting colder. It could be like 80 degrees and my wiener tip would have been cold. So that’s something to feel good about. Also I’ve been experiencing more oil on my back, face and genitals. Very pleased to see hints at normalcy like this. Today I had an erection that wouldn’t go down but libido and ED are still waxing and waning issues for me. I also felt pretty intense sadness for a second which actually felt awesome. Just to feel emotion that deeply felt good! It’s strange, but I’m sure some of you can relate. I finally broke down and made a doctor’s appointment too. That’s all. Best.

2 Likes