Warning Regarding Aromatase Enzyme Inhibitors

@Dubya_B

well I have never heard of someones genitals going numb, unless they fell off a building and broke their spine. I have never taken Propecia/Finasteride,Accutane, or an SSRI in my LIFE. My symptoms began in the summer of 2016. During this time is when I went on a serious weight loss diet and training regimen. I was already skinny/normal, at 170 lbs at 5’10, around 12-13%. I lost 32lbs in like a month.

The reason I say the construction site because during this summer I started a job on a construction site, where I was basically a garbage man driving a back hoe. I was picking up construction materials, aluminum cans/siding, and plastic water bottles in the sun all day! Maybe I have some kind of heavy metal toxicity/poisioning.

On my blood tests in the last 2 years I have constantly elevated Liver enzymes GGT+ ALT. One test they were normal but on that test Billirubin was elevated. Hormone wise Testosterone is normal at 670, however e2 is low at 12 (11.5-45) and DHT is low at 178 (300-850)

Symptoms are numb genitals, I do not have to wash my penis anymore there is no discharge of semen. Low semen volume and force during ejaculation. Numb orgasm. Tight and high scrotum, cold tip of penis and stress incontinence. Dry tired eyes with dark circles under. My face got really skinny especially below the eyes but I have stubborn fat in belly.

I can honestly say for MYSELF that TESTOSTERONE is NOTHING! maybe it has a little to do with some facial hair and some muscle growth etc. However it has nothing to do with libido. Its DHT or e2 that deals with sex drive. I can say that with CONFIDENCE.

I never took any drug or steroids yet at the age of 21 out of nowhere I completely lost my libido and my genitals went numb. Every forum I ask tells me that my DHT and e2 are the problem. I even asked Crisler thru facebook. I told him I have seen 10+ doctors in the last 2 years because I have no libido and numb genitals yet they say all my tests are normal (urologist, endocrinologist , neurologists) I asked him if ONLY nerves can cause numbness or something else. He says yes DHT can cause that.

Next day I got my DHT levels checked here in Croatia. 220 (300-850) the results came back low. I got it retested last week and it was even lower at like 170…

2 Likes

You don’t have to worry about that one bit… Not unless you were bathing in mercury. You won’t get heavy metal poisoning from simply touching metal. There are a massive number of people who work in machine shops, welding shops, and steel mills, in contact with metals and something like sudden genital numbness is unheard of in their lines of work.

It’s totally understandable that we make wild speculations trying to explain to ourselves how this could have happened. I thought of some real crazy stuff before making the connection with my symptoms correlating with my periods of Accutane usage.

If I had to guess, you may have dropped your T levels to near-castrate levels during a the starvation diet, creating the low-androgen environment conducive to this condition developing in the susceptible. I make the relation to T-levels because there are quite a few people who took GnRHa drugs, which are meant primarily to tank T and E2, in men and women respectively, who develop this condition with a severity much worse than the typical PAS/PFS/PSSD patient. Another idea is that your E2 level could have been next to nothing as a result of the reduction in T and other sex-hormone precursors.

Any chance you were unknowingly consuming herbal products which act to reduce 5-ar activity or otherwise influence hormone levels?

1 Like

Hi @Dubya_B

Diet consisted of black coffee and and a ton of salad, vegetables… My last month of Diet total t came back at 416… Now its up to 670 however dht is low as well as e2.

Albumin, billiribin and liver enzymes ggt and alt are elevated as well…

low cholesterol low fat diet calorie restricted diets are known to cause endocrine problems especially if you are not on any form of trt or steroid cycle
do you eat normal diet now?

1 Like

@lowe2sucks

Cholesterol is elevated,~> Dhea-s elevated -> testosterone at 671~> Dht low ~>e2 low.

Cant recall taking anything during the time I got fucked up. Never any steroids or anything… Im not even on trt.

What does your endocrinologist say?

I suffer from PSSD, Brainfog and cfs. Often PSSD is accompanied by anhedonia and emotional flattening. I believe that in my case, this aspect is less serious. I say this because every time I read a post by Douglasmich, I feel a blow to the heart and I can feel empathy for all his pain. He was just a kid with all his life ahead. He was intelligent and, most likely, he would succeed in his life. It’s not right. This world is horrible. There is no justice, we are just numbers, little pawns at the service of a power that plays God. Dear Mich, I really hope you are in a better place, I hope that all the pain you have suffered will be repaid. It’s not right. Sorry for the outburst, but I can’t help thinking about it. Today I turned 26 and I cried a lot, time passes and my life runs past me without my being able to do anything. I would like to go back to work, I would like to run again and feel the adrenaline when the muscles work. I would just like to live. They took my life.

8 Likes

My 1st endo said more tests need to be done
2nd visit he said its not My test hes qorried about its low “carriers” come back with new bloods in a month and I should get treatment
3rd visit back to him he says My hormones are fine and that I should see a sex therapist

The next endo I went to qas an old man he wrote that last year hormones were fine but this year I have normagonadotropic hypogonadism which made no sense cause My test last year qas im The 400s now its in The 600s. I showed My doc and she laughed and said he made a mistake

The next endo I went to said that My hormones are fine and dht is irrelevant.

The one after that said more tests need to be done…

1 Like

Have you tried cyproheptadine or RU-486?

I don’t know what crazy location you are in but you need to see another endo. Forums will not help you.

I wouldn’t know how to get them …

testosterone is just pre cursor to e2 and dht these 2 are doing most of the work it can explain why you are symptomatic despite not having low testosterone. because e2 and dht are both low
2 Likes

Cortisol - AM (fasted): 23.9 (6.2-19.4)
Estrone : 71 (15-65)
Total Estrogens : 126 (40-115)
Growth Hormone : < 0,1 (0.0-10.0)
Estradiol, Sensitive : 26.1 (8.0-35.0)
Vitamin D : 56.0 (30.0-100)
IGF1 : 223 (115-355)
DHT : 55 (30-85)
Free Testosterone : 16.5 (9.3-26.5)
Testosterone, Serum : 869 (264-916)
FSH : 2.4 (1.5-12.4)
LH : 8.2 (1.7-8.6)
Free Thyroxine Index : 1.7 (1.2-4.9)
T3 Uptake : 27 (24-39)
Thyroxine (T4) : 6.4 (4.5-12.0)
TSH : 2.450 (0.450-4.500)

Can anyone explain these labs to me? Low thyroid and high estrogen, but normal testosterone?

that’s why i keep saying that we should detox instead of experimenting. i’m sorry to read this.

Have estrogen inhibitors helped anyone on this forum, or have they only made people worse? What is the alternative to getting estrogen in your body under control?

Made my bones hurt and gave me shooting pain down my spine recovered back to baseline PFS a few days after luckily. this was a few months ago I personally won’t touch arimidex again or any AI for that matter

What was your dosage ? And does this pain occur due to estrogen is being supressed too much ? Or there are other mechanisms that causing bone pain ?

No clue I even got my Estradiol tested after I took AI and it still remained high!!! I think it’s just a side effect I used 1/4 of a mg pill (.25) 2X a week really sketchy stuff

1 Like

@AaronF are your symptoms remaining the same or getting worse?