Update: still completely recovered, raging libido for the last four years

Maybe because you took AI and i took finasteride.

2 Likes

It is well appreciated at this point that PFS patients are not uniform in their symptom presentation with severity and type varying, sometimes significantly, between patients.

Post-Finasteride Syndrome

Post-Finasteride Syndrome is a life-altering disease occurring rarely following therapeutic use of a 5-alpha reductase inhibitor such as Finasteride. PFS encompasses serious physical, neurological, and sexual symptoms of variable severity and distribution.

Heterogenous presentation: Differing symptoms and severities across patients with variable site-specific involvement.
https://www.propeciahelp.com/post-finasteride-syndrome-and-propeciahelp/

Some previous discussion on why this might be

1 Like

No, I never took AI in my life. I just took antidepressant and Tribulus

I thought that the ā€œAā€ next to your name stands for AI, but i think we got our answer.

I always had both high DHT and high 3alpha-diol G in my blood test, but full PFS symptoms normal T, high SHBG, and very low free T. A Low/High DHT in your body is a consequence, but NOT the main CAUSE of PFS

What explains this? I thought our DHT should be low as 5 alpha reductase is inhibited?

Thereā€™s no evidence at the moment to suggest that 5AR is inhibited. Itā€™s also not a plausible explanation for the plethora of symptoms experienced to various degrees by many members of the forum.

4 Likes

Have you considered that the correlation to pathogens may occur only due to the immune system and cytokines which affects hormonal levels? Metronidazole may work (temporarily) because itā€™s an immune suppressor, same as other things such as methylprednisolone. Many people had a temporary remission during a flu or similar. Digestive health helps in general, because all the nervous connections from the GI tract to the body, like the vagus nerve, but itā€™s not sufficient to cure PFS. As far as I know there is no whatsoever evidence that PFS is related to specific pathogens, but PFS may be in part an autoimmune condition

In my opinion, PFS is an error in the androgen receptor. Basically our bodies canā€™t use testosterone.

A similar thing happens to some people after taking an AI, but with estrogen.

3 Likes

Man, crazy how the foundational issue that I thought we all agreed (fin, accutane, saw palmetto, etc. being 5aris) on could actually be wrong.

I have full blown PFS from Minoxidil.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4039155/#:~:text=These%20tests%20revealed%20that%20minoxidil,AR-positive%20LNCaP%20cell%20growth.

I wish more people would read this study, PFS from Minoxidil is possible. This is one of the most comprehensive studies on what these drugs are actually doing to us from a transcriptional level.

Yeah Iā€™ve changed my stance since that post for sure lol

Why is that? I tried Tryptophan and Tyrosin and felt pretty anxious on them. Still not recovered.

Does anyone know how I can order the exact Tribulus which OP mentioned ( Standard process) outside of the US?

Regarding 11-keto-dht I think is the ideal labs? Well I tried that, and one day was super alfa, girls noticed me more and I was more or less a man, this was in the super estrogenic days of pfs that I had.

Its possible you need to contact them by your doctor and make an account by your doctor, in some of their affiliates sites, there is one un UK I think.

Thank you for the information
So, seems like I need to step on some complicated processā€¦
Iā€™d rather ask my friends in the US to receive it and send it to me :sweat_smile:

Thank you anyways!

I havenā€™t posted in over a year. Itā€™s been about 3 years for me since I first took it for enlarged prostate. Currently Iā€™m on a testosterone patch (although I was 55 at the time, I couldnā€™t get my T count back to normal), a 20 mg taladafil a day, and before sex, a vitamin A pill that dayā€¦ puts me back to normal though if I miss either the T and taladafil then everything goes dormant

1 Like

Why vitamin A?

Last year someone else recommended it. I find that taking it helps me ā€œfeelā€ my orgasmā€¦ I also will take a bodybuilding supplement that increases blood flow. With this regime Iā€™m not curedā€¦but does let me cope and get some of my life back

2 Likes