UPDATE: 67 Days Since Cessation - Mostly Better, Still Some Problems

Wow surprised the doctor believes are condition is real! I also have Kaiser as well and all the doctors there think I’m a maniac lol.

1 Like

Can you comment on your fast? I’m looking to cure my symptoms that seem to be getting worse after trying fin almost 3 years ago.

Hello Adaphy, thanks for signing up. Please make a new topic in Member Stories and fill out your details so we can get a little insight into what’s been going on.

I don’t know if you’re aware of our ongoing projects but there are a couple of research projects we’re running that we’d really like you to take part in. We are making significant steps in helping to understand this problem, but we need your help. Please fill out the member story first.

It’s been almost one year to the day that I stopped using Finasteride (4.11.2019). I thought I would give an update on my situation, in the hopes it will reassure those who are new to the forum.

After taking Finasteride for 7 months, I developed ED, decreased sensation, and flaccid penis shrinkage. After discovering this site, I decided to quit cold turkey. I improved greatly for about three weeks, but then my improvement seemed to plateau, or even reverse a little. Since then it has basically been the same. I wouldn’t describe this as a ‘crash’, because I didn’t develop any new symptoms, or deteriorate to the condition I was in while taking the drug.

I still struggle with some ED and numbness, but I’d say I’m about 85-95% recovered depending on the day. My penis returned to its normal size, although it took 6+ months. I feel very lucky to have had the recovery that I did, and my symptoms are mild enough that I can live a normal life. I sometimes take Sildenafil for my ED, but most of the time I don’t need it. I’ve been able to put this nightmare behind me.

I probably won’t post on this forum again, although I may check in from time to time. Thank you so much to everyone for the support and information, and best of luck to every one of you.

3 Likes

Did you do something that helped you? Or was it time

Exercise is definitely a plus, but I didn’t do anything exceptional. Mainly I think it was just luck I didn’t crash coming off it.