Took F for 17 yrs - Natural Recovery after stopping

Avoided!! It should be banned. Fuck Antidepressants or SSRIs. Many people claim they saved their life by saving their hair with the help of Finasteride, it doesn’t change the fact that it is a poison.

3 Likes

I have tried communicating with the author of this original post many times but never seem to get replies back, however I actually appreciate the posts he leaves here and get something from them myself. (Even though the not sleeping thing he talks about is far from a comfort! )

I still feel this forum is a place of freedom and open suggestion so if these medications he has listed work for him than that’s great and this is the place to share those findings , we can’t just ban someone because it doesn’t fit our narrative of how a PFS sufferer should be .

1 Like

LOL, Trazodone gave me this shit. Kick this guy out pls.

1 Like

No. Just no.

I think that some people got better from PFS from taking again another 5a blocker: finas; isotretinoin; some ssri…

Of course, there is a big risk on trying that, and most peple who tried it was without being aware of it, I think.

1 Like

The mods need to take away his ability to create new topics lol. He got ED from trazodone and now he’s promoting it without any warning at all. It’s incoherent nonsense.

Yes, I even took my drug again and it made me better temporarily. Didn’t cure me though.

1 Like

The “recovery protocol” has been removed.

@anonymous1968, please see the rules about suggesting treatments to others on this forum:
. https://forum.propeciahelp.com/faq#theories

Do not exert pressure on members to pursue self-medication. Patients differ dramatically in their symptoms and the severity of these, and significant further harm has been reported from following other users’ therapy suggestions. We understand the slow pace of scientific progress leaves patients in a difficult position, but this does not make DIY therapies any more safe or broadly effective. There is no known treatment for PFS.

Take care not to present your thoughts in a way that could be taken as medical advice.

As other members are saying, many members have landed here exclusively due to antidepressants and ADs have worsened symptoms for some PFS and PAS patients. If you want to share that they worked for you, that is fine, but leave the treatment recommendations at the door please.

1 Like

So he did a long fast, then did several steroid cycles!

CDNuts would be proud.

Yep! PFS is notoriously awful/incurable/untreatable and recovery is unlikely(?). (Recovery stats are hard to research).

BUT I’m “here” to promise you I HAVE naturally recovered from numerous traumatic PFS maladies. I just naturally recovered! Hopefully YOU will too.

See my previous threads for more details:

I’m not special or significant. I am and was unusually fit. But I just can’t explain my recovery.

I took FIN daily 2014-19:

Completely healed/resolved during 2014-19, now just fading traumatic memories:

-Zero emotions - 6 months
-Zero sleep - 6 months (but sleep dysfunction resumed after 1.5 years on risparidone/nortryptyline
-Body feminization- 4 months
-Zero sexual erections - 2.5 years
-Zero libido - 2 years
-Penile pain - 2 months
-Brain fog/unreality - 6 months
-Crippling vertigo - 1.5 years
-Severe double vision - 1.5 years
-Hallucinations- 2 months

Lingering/improving maladies:

-Sleep dysfunction- sleep 4 hours with Belsomra but feel perfectly normal despite limited sleep

Non PFS issues:
-Vocal dysfunction - converse normally but voice unlovely/unnatural/halting
-Motion dysfunction- feel “drunk” and unbalanced when in motion

Good luck!

Mel H., Washington DC 51yo

4 Likes

Look! Another one who recovered, wait…

3 Likes

Omg :joy:

2 Likes

Please ban this troll this is ridiculous at this point.

2 Likes

@anonymous1968, 2 of your recent topics have been merged into your member story.

Please use this topic to discuss your experience with dealing with PFS and your natural recovery in the future, rather than spamming seemingly pointless new topics about it.

1 Like

Not a typical thread! But 1000% accurate and - hopefully! - inspires YOU to “keep calm and carry on” through extremely traumatic PFS and possibly recover!

I’ll try to be succinct. I am a 51yo atty in Washington DC. I took 1.25 mg FIN religiously daily from 1999-2014…

THE GOOD

In Dec 2014 I quit FIN and a few days later “worst-case scenario PFS” plagued me for 2.5 years. I am extremely fortunate I ENTIRELY naturally recovered as follows:

• total loss of emotions - 6 months
  • body feminization- several months
  • total loss of libido - 2 years
  • total shutdown of sexual plumbing - 2.5 years

Since June 2017, PFS has been a fading traumatic memory…

THE BAD

Now this is quirky - and disturbing! PFS was so horrifying that I incessantly was suicidal. I attempted very serious suicide FOUR TIMES.

I will skip details except one. I mistakenly believed I could “starve myself to death” in two weeks. However it took 4.5 months and I was hauled off to hospital at last minute. This unfortunately triggered ataxia, which still plagues me but is mostly resolved naturally. Since it’s not relevant to PFS, I won’t detail.

THE UGLY

This is a bit confusing but important. Entirely separate from PFS, taking FIN 15 years obliterated my ability to sleep beginning June 2014! Even more confusing, I DON’T NEED TO SLEEP!

Yes, that is utterly impossible. Except it’s not. I primarily take short “rest naps” and function and feel fine! I sometimes take Belsomra and get a few hours of unconscious sleep and also feel and function fine! Impossible, right? Nope.

Two full-time sleep docs are unable to assess me because my sleep dysfunction is unprecedented!

Last, I CANNOT SUE MERCK because my sleep dysfunction is impossible, unique, and - weirdly- doesn’t “harm” me in any manner a jury could assess!:face_with_monocle:

PFS COUNSELING

Now my story is unique but YOU should contact Phillip Roberts to arrange critical counseling to help YOU weather the PFS storm.

Also try anti-depressants and sleeping pills.

Hang in there and good luck!

OMITTED

For brevity I’ve omitted countless wild/disturbing details that are not germane to my points. Police broke into my apartment, crazy weeks at hospitals, hallucinations, etc. Best forgotten…

PS

Mel H., me last month in DC

Interesting story. Some people have noted improvements during fasting. Where in the timeline did you try to starve yourself to death for 4.5 months?

‘‘Also try anti-depressants and sleeping pills’’… hanging would be faster you know.

Please bann this spamming troll, credibility goes waay down when bots like this take over.

4 Likes

Why do you describe ataxia and insomnia as being separate entities from PFS?

Lots of people throwing shit at this guy but can’t be arsed to do the survey.
I really can’t take any single one of you people seriously to be honest.
Take a genuine look in the mirror before you call someone else a troll or a bot.

4 Likes

Agreed! Thanks for making this call out.