There’s no Justice!

In the U.K. if you have had an injury you have 3 years to file a claim that’s what I know from my own experience and I don’t know how it works in America exactly but I got numerous replies from lawyers over there talking about statutory of limitations act so I assume there is a time restriction on this from date of injury.

Just wanted to chip in with two things re the Reuters article: The stuff revealed suggested Merck were aware of enduring sexual dysfunction. Whether you can extrapolate that to awareness of “PFS” at that time is a matter of opinion. PFS has multisystemic effects and does not need to need to entail sexual dysfunction per se.

In terms of the evidence presented to the court, unless there’s been an update to the Reuters’ motion for an explanation, no one knows why the judge resealed the info. No explanation was given.

3 Likes

It’s not going to matter in the U.K though as Merck is based in New Jersey and that is were the motion has to be filed so I’m not sure on what limitations America has pertaining to time and injuries or if it’s similar to here.

The defoliant, Agent Orange, was an epic catastrophe and somehow veterans, and even non-veterans, suffered exceptional damage often leading to disability. This isn’t including citizens of countries where it was used.

IIRC, information was released that the link between dioxins (Agent Orange was chock-full of them) and health effects was known by chemical manufacturers and the US military but no punitive action was taken against them and no reparations were made by either entity to victims due to the statute of limitations being up.

In European nations, it may be a different story.

1 Like

Is that an assumption or have you verified that? It sounds wrong to me. If a US citizen commits a crime in a foreign country, they will be tried in accordance with that country’s laws.

Randomly found the above link on my YouTube and thought I’d share for a quick laugh. If only things went the same way for us.

3 Likes

I’m sick to death of going to the doctors and them looking at me as if this is all psychosomatic, not just them but other people that I’m close too as they can’t contemplate just how significant the damage that’s been done and this just becomes another battle. What is it going to take to showcase what’s been done here? A friend of mine told me how Merck’s lawyers in the class action lawsuit completely undermined them saying they were psychosomatic and just after the money. Do we need to rely on the Baylor Study or more of Melcangi’s data because at this point I want people to know exactly what they did to me that’s all I’m interested in. The time frame in my medical notes clearly shows after taking finasteride I ended up in hospital 3 days later then 2 weeks later and a trend of going to the hospital over 35 times since taking this pill. I’m not going to wait until the statutory of limitations act runs its course and I can’t get any justice. How can we set up a sophisticated structure to at least give us a fighting chance in court because if we start winning lawsuits that’s a major source of income for the foundation and finding a cure for this syndrome. This is a few of my ideas that I’m juggling with-

1. Getting neurosteroids checked and compare them with Robert Melcangi’s data
  2. Run entire genome test checking for abnormal methylation patterns and compare with Baylor Study
  3. Have credible professionals like geneticists or Melcangi on video link testifying that this drug can cause epigenetic changes.
  4. Medical history (although this could be used against us as they can start to play the blame game)
3 Likes