The most fickle disease

Hi all,

Other mods, feel free to move this if necessary. I’m too exhausted to think coherently so just making an update.

For anyone who doesn’t know me, I’ve been in the admin team for just over a year and contributing to projects like the YouTube stories, explainer video, new site launch and others. I’ve had PFS for 7.5 years and have always considered myself to be a moderate-severe case, albeit a stable one. After the initial 9 months of complete agony, my condition stabilised to the point where I did not have to worry about everything I put in my body. I ate sushi and soy regularly, for example, along with tofu. I managed to get a good job - my life was pretty stable.

Or so I thought.

Two days ago, I ate a very tofu-rich meal and within one hour, had a major crash which has left me bedbound. I have entirely new symptoms, like intense gut problems, head pressure, balance problems and numb extremities. All my existing symptoms became much more intense. My anhedonia is currently crippling. I’ve had random suicidal ideation, almost hourly.

So while I am here to document my current situation, I also wanted to point out the fragility of every member’s situation, and encourage you to not waste your precious time and energy.

Your condition is extremely fickle. It can turn in an instant, in even the most stable of cases

Please, for fucks’ sake, stop self experimenting. Treat yourself with care - we all care about you - and every patient alive and stable is another patient that can be mobilised into action.

Stop wasting time

Imagine all the hours of creating theories and self experimenting that have gone on in this forum for the last 15 years. 99.99% of them are completely pointless, whether you want to admit it or not. None of us have the capability to solve this alone, or even within our patient community, which
is by the way, incredibly small. Instead of creating a thread about the latest SAGE-217 or wonder drug, which is unlikely to help us, we encourage you all to contribute to meaningful projects led by our admin team. The two aren’t mutually exclusive, of course - discussing theories and contributing - but they often turn out that way, and the threads become an unnecessary drain on what precious time and energy we all have.

The most powerful thing any of us can currently do, absent of research that definitively proves finasteride causes this condition, is speaking publicly. Not a single issue in the history of humanity has been resolved by the afflicted population or victim group remaining silent and anonymous.

An online forum of faceless men is easily dismissed, easily diminished. Real people are not.

Please consider being a guest on our upcoming podcast series, contributing a YouTube video, or even speaking in the press. Get in touch and we can assist with all 3.

There is a lot of momentum being built since the launch of pfsnetwork.org. Let’s not squander it.

Be safe,
Mitch

12 Likes

Tofu/soy products in general are a huge no for me now as of before PFS I could consume these things with no issue. I’ve been able to completely cut soy out of my diet even if I eat somthing with a small amount of it I get a huge setback that lasts a few weeks before returning back to my already shitty baseline. I hope you recover soon man stay safe.

3 Likes

Get well soon @Sugarhouse!

Unfortunately, I also experienced a crash three years ago after having had a stable condition for about a decade and have been worse off since. The reason is not entirely clear in my case. But it’s a reminder that our bodies are fragile and even things that we have tolerated for many years can suddenly turn us worse. It should be motivation for all of us to thrive for a better understanding of this condition. Because even if as individuals we reach a point of acceptance of this condition and learn to live with it, there is no guarantee it will not get worse, unfortunately.

That’s why it is important that all of you do your share (if you haven’t):

Thank you!

4 Likes

@Sugarhouse sorry to read this man, hope you get your baseline back soon. Count me in for any vids, podcasts etc I’ll talk to anyone and everyone about this shit

4 Likes

Heres a recent post from acne.org.
https://www.acne.org/forums/topic/295030-repairing-the-long-term-damage-from-accutane/page/720/
This person literally felt better from not eating. Notice he thinks its a retinoid syndrome not an AR mediated one. You also have guys on there avoiding vitamin A found in food, sound familiar?

"Hello. I went 7 days without eating! It completely cleared my head but didn’t do anything for the low libido unfortunately. I am no longer experiencing joint pain as a result of water fasting but the hormonal imbalance is still a problem. I learned that stem cell replication starts at a 3 days and hits a maximum as 14 days of fasting. I feel the best I have since taking accutane but still not back to my best.

I am thinking that I will have to try going about 12 days next to see if that improves retinoid syndrome. I think you guys deserve to know if there is a way out of this."

Yep. Sounds familiar alright.

1 Like

Literally the point of my post. Insane.

2 Likes

Idk I think I might have a better idea of what might be going on with some of you guys then you do yourselves.
So is this a Finasteride issue or a tofu one?
Are we going to make a video about the dangers of tofu?
How do you approach this when it no longer has to do with Finasteride?
Then you have @Northern_Star saying he doesnt even know what he did and he got worse.
Im not trying to get on anyones bad side, but I think im seeing some things that others arent.

I have seen it worded the lack of denial that this is an Androgen mediated disease.
Why is there such a denial that it might not be?
I only say this because this seems to be the agenda that is being pushed.
Am I right or wrong about this?
PFS is being presented as an androgen deprivation syndrome.
Once again people that lack total androgen sensitivity or that are born this way do not end up bed bound.
So as far as theories, to me this is the theory that doesn’t hold up to scrutiny.

Not going to turn this thread into a pointless debate about your latest theory. Please don’t reply again.

2 Likes

Understand you perfectly, try to avoid for some time as much as you can Beta-sitosterol, flavonoids, phytoestrogens, lycopene (tomato, watermelon) , tea (any) , zinc, mushrooms other than champignon, juices, any nuts, chocolate, cacao, cononut oil, coconut, rapseed oil, anything with soy, flaxseed, linseed, seasame and list can continue indefinitely. Try to research and avoid as much you can.

2 Likes

Is Holy Basil an anti-androgen if u know? I can’t find any source regarding it here.

EDIT: Ignore this post. OP has fixed.

Hey there,

Just wanted to point out there is a spelling error in your pfsnetwork link, which makes it not work.

Please get well soon!

2 Likes

Yea, it is a very known 5-ar, there are even some registered patents for hair loss based on Basil root extract and whole basil. Also, it’s known as a natural birth control measure, extremely suppresses LH FSH.
1 gr of Basil extract equal to 17.59mg Finasteride regarding 5-ar activity.Screenshot_1

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/228750879_Screening_of_steroid_5a-reductase_inhibitory_activity_and_total_phenolic_content_of_Thai_plants

http://tst.pg2.at/abstracts/a0375.html?zoom_highlight=

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/228750879_Screening_of_steroid_5a-reductase_inhibitory_activity_and_total_phenolic_content_of_Thai_plants

2 Likes

Thanks a lot… i was planning to take it as a substitute to ashwagandha but now i will not.

1 Like

Hi Mitch, I have read about your crash right now! After more than 6 years of stability. I thought that is impossible to a man like you.

On one hand this fucking drug altered all of us for lifetime on the other hand neuroendocrine system get to a new baseline, many learn to live with it and recover in some aspects.

Don’t know wich aminoacids in tofu and soysauce trigger one of our altered receptors.

What are with your symptomes. numbnes in arms and legs. I have the same. With muscle los and sometimes balance problems.

1 Like

How do you feel now three months after your crash?

Yes!!

As soon as you guys organise a follow up to the baylor study I will donate to it. Cant wait and encourage banners to donate to said study all over the damn place once its organised!

2 Likes