Testing for epigenetic changes

To be fair a lot of people here are likely in a state where they physically can’t do anything, while another percentage are just raving hypochondriacs. Realistically a minority are able to go at it individually to find mechanisms of action, but still its surprising that no one has gone at it alone.

I have a few good contacts at several of the Colleges in the University of London, so I’ll go and see whether they will be able to test me for physiological/ epigenetic changes.

Speaking of Awor, where did he go? He, alongside several others- Jaime, Mew et al. seem to have become inactive. Have they gotten better or just want to put PH to one side?

1 Like

Very little evidence of this.

Realistically, nobody here can do this. It’s not going to be on Google, reading random papers will not deliver the answer.

Realistically, people here should leave the science to the scientists in more than 99% of cases.

I don’t meant to shoot you down, but this is a complicated problem, the answer isn’t going to be stumbled upon. Part of the reason we are where we are after more than ten years of this forum, is people not being realistic about what is possible for people who aren’t working in scientific research. Most people here couldn’t fix a car, or write a computer programme, but we persist in the idea that we could solve something far more complicated with a smartphone and some imagination.

You may be better connected than most and maybe you are onto something, but at this point, there’s not much point in fielding responses from enthusiastic people who are just hoping you know the answer.

2 Likes

Our focus should be on satisfying the preconditions to research, such as widespread awareness of a problem, so lots of research can commence. Nothing that people don’t know exists gets researched. Doing things like haranguing people discourages research because it makes us look like idiots and nut jobs.

1 Like

the survey is riddled in questions regarding mental health…

you’re right the only thing that we contributed was subject matter and patients scarred for life. nothing at all , lets just forget about that.

Ah yes, because all the researchers know about the survey and what each person which has sent an email put down on this completely subjective, unverifiable survey…

Come on man, you’re better than that…

This ambitious project is an unprecedented step for any patient community anywhere. It promises to generate vital data on post-drug disorders that will inform the scientific community and draw attention to this important public health issue.

that is literally what the survey was designed for and this was copied from it. you come on man

1 Like

Unless you personally took part in the study, there’s no “we” involved. You didn’t contribute anything. And even if you were a study participant, as Greek said without a legal contract you have no leverage.

The overall point here is that constantly emailing the people in charge of the Baylor study is not going to result in a faster release, that’s a fact. You’re only going to harm a cause that people are working really hard towards. I’m asking you kindly not to do this please.