Sugarhouse new member story

Mitch i love you, u are wonderful guy.Thank you

7 Likes

No apologies at all brother.
You have to take care of you too

1 Like

Been very busy lately with work and preparing everything for ethics proposal. Worked 4 straight 14 hour days last week trying to get a clinical survey ready, in German, when I donā€™t speak a lick of German. Fun times.

Itā€™s positive to see people continuing to support and the number of monthly donors continue to trend upwards. At the moment thereā€™s a lot of planning and back office admin to make the final push for our first study. I will be extremely relieved when it is underway and take comfort in knowing progress will then safely be in the hands of very good scientists.

Also, if someone knows how to bribe the IRS to speed up our 501c3 application, I would be extremely grateful :laughing:

Symptom wise, not much changes for me over time, except when I am overworked or particularly stressed as was the case last week. I probably need to take better care of myself but thatā€™s easier said than done.

I hope you are all doing the best you can.

13 Likes

Yes, sorry youā€™re in trouble to do that all for the entire PFS (and maybe the related pssd) community (too). I feel ashamed that
Iā€™m a microbiologist and Iā€™m from Germany. and havenā€™t offered my support or only to speak up public.
But this is the disease. I canā€™t even pay a bill online without my supervisor or buy some simple shoes or a shirt without support. Iā€™m care level 3 after 15 months PFS.

1 Like

Doing Godā€™s work, Mitch.

7 Likes

So how you can writing here?

Really appreciate all the effort man. Iā€™ve sent some deep fried donut pizzas to the IRS office so it should be imminent now

5 Likes

If we was total ideots from the drug we would feel better than being lobotomized.

How many donors have currently?
How has it been such trend the last months?

Individual donors are up over 200. The trend has slowed, however that was always expected after the first study was funded.

Of course, weā€™d love if supporters could set up a monthly donation but understand itā€™s not always possible.

Thanks all for the well wishes.

3 Likes

Whatā€™s happening with current donations?

1 Like

Do you mean where are current donations being directed?

Everything we raised over the ā‚¬80k remains in our bank account - it wonā€™t be used for anything other than research. We donā€™t have any large operating expenses and things like the cost of hosting this forum, our website, etc all come out of staff funds, not the charity.

6 Likes

Personally, I havenā€™t set up a monthly donation although I donate every month, since some months I can donate 100 Euros, other months 200, depending on my economic situation.

Just donated another 100.

7 Likes