Study updates

This post has reminded me of donating to the foundation. The last two months I forgot to donate, so today I have just made a donation, and my plan is to donate each month part of my salary. From now on I will make an automatic transfer each month to the foundation, and I encourage everyone of you to make this.

One single person can’t do anything. Some hundreds of people donating each month can suppose the end of PFS in a few years.

Use “Amazon Smile” and donate everytime you buy something on Amazon too.

It’s tax deductible for god’s sake. We need to figure out a better way to increase funds.

Can someone please explain the logic behind testing type 1 and not type 2 or even 3?

I would not bother pestering Melcangi. This guy is ridiculously qualified when it comes to neurosteroids and 5ar. I have tried to learn about this stuff from textbooks and found chapters written by him or based on his research which dates back to the 80s.

Hi Guys,
I have just completed the study and I was the final participant. There is another ARM to the study which they take samples from people who have not taken finasteride. They are obtaining samples from people who are getting circumsized so they are positive about the progression of that arm of the study. Please participate earlier in future studies. This study could have been completed 18 months ago. We have an unbelievable opportunity to get our lives back We are very lucky the foundation even exists. Please stop wasting time and participate in future studies, our lives are passing us by . I also received am array of tests which I would not get otherwise and if you participate you will be able to participate in research on treatments.

thanks for participating mamoo! I wish I were eligible for these studies. Hopefully we start hearing some positive results soon.

Thanks flamingpie. Hopefully we will get closer to the truth.We are progressing slowly but at least we are moving. Just to let you know the exclusion criteria for the genetic studies(Baylor in Houston) are a lot less stringent so you were most likely eligible. Why did you think were ineligible?

is there any chance the foundation could send us a message via this forum when the first study results are announced? while this forum has been a great source of information for me in the past, I try not to visit much anymore as I don’t feel it’s good for me. that’d be awesome.

I took saw palmetto, not propecia. I reached out to one of the studies a year ago and they said they only wanted finasteride victims for now.

That’s fair enough… let’s hope these studies will yield some answers for us.

THIS.

I will go to any study anywhere and anyday as long as money is not a problem. My life stopped since all this began, so time is not a problem.