Struggling with PFS (8 years taking propecia)

Thanks man! It’s been a hard road but just have to keep on marching! Likewise! Keep grinding!

One quick update: had 3.5 glasses of wine last night and I noticed my tolerance for alcohol has drastically improved! When I was on propecia, I could barely get through a glass without intense fatigue and brain fog.

2 Likes

Quick medical update: had a colonoscopy done due to digestion issues however nothing significant other than a serrated adenoma polyp. Other than that, I believe that colonoscopies aren’t truly getting to the root of our problems. These procedures are focused on IBS, IBD, and cancer like symptoms; however, for things other than that, I’m curious if they aren’t looking in the right places since most issues are likely at the micro level.

I’m a Italian military and I have a psf to 4mounths I have a wife and a little boy. have your own feelings and symptoms I have been taking finasteride for 5 years. I understand you. We got into this mess and we can only get out of it. But we are lucky because we have families with so much love. Good life friend I am a little depressed but in the end I will win this war. I always say there is worse there are children who die with tumors, people who die of hunger, people who sleep in the street without work in the cold, various tumors or leukemia. There is everything in this world and there is also this shit of finasteride but we who are military have a hard skin and since we have families we must be strong. Sooner or later this will pass friend and we will get out of this tunnel.

5 Likes

You mentioned taking an AI is no good
Specifically why? Please

Theres a risk you’ll end up with estrogen dsyfunction which is what killed douglasmitch

1 Like

Jesus man
I had no idea at all
One of the few things that may work for some or innocuous at best…now can destroy
My God what the he’ll is this

This happened to me with AI as well–estradiol went way too low and I have major problems some of which last to this day, like tendon/joint dysfunction. Luckily the low bone density and hot flashes and bone pain went away!

@MatchaTea how are you doing?

Slightly better but it’s a journey…still have muscle twitches and contractions, digestion issues, skin flushing/dryness, and slight hand pain…how about you?

@MatchaTea I’d say the same. Slightly better, but most of that is probably just due to working a lot on my mental health/acceptance. Still have very strange skin sensations, chronic fatigue, headaches, muscle weakness and ED. The journey continues.

1 Like

So I am adding two new symptoms to my story: can no longer cry and no longer can feel my heart beat (heard that’s a good thing). In the past my heart would beat through my chest now I just feel numb and don’t feel my pulse…none of my symptoms listed above have fully resolved over the past 1.5 years.

Hi bro I’m a Italian police and I have a PFS to 9mounths ago… I have a similar condicion. What do you feel at sex? Sorry for my English.

Hi Preoccupato,

Could you please take the survey? It’s important that we have as many patients filling it out so that we can approach scientists for future studies.

2 Likes

Wish I knew. My desire to have sex is nonexistent.

Hey guys, so now that I’m living in Japan, I’m giving Japanese medical system a try. Spoke to my first doctor yesterday (my wife is from Japan) and had mixed results. He didn’t dismiss propecia as a potential reason for all my digestion and muscle related issue but he also didn’t seem to fully acknowledge it. Will keep you guys posted—I’m mainly focusing on my gut because my body is having fat malabsorption. Rather than experiment with enzymes, I want to see if the Japanese medical system can get me to a critical thinking result. No offense to our American doctors but they seem to have their mind made up or immediately direct me to mental health.

4 Likes

Propecia =microbioma

1 Like

I can truly see that. Hopefully time and engagement will provide clarity.

Friend I think we are live forever in this conduction. For me finasteride compromise always in the body. I think the nobody can go out that this condiction.
For the science communities we are not living. I live my life accepted this.

I think it’s the fact that doctors in the US aren’t taught to think holistically or to connect dots.
They’re forced to memorize symptom A can be caused by X, Y or Z and nothing more. It’s too one-dimensional and completely useless for complicated situations with multiple variables.

Unfortunately, we are going to have to self-diagnose if we want to beat this condition.

3 Likes