Starting to freak out, need some form of hope

This may be of help in future interactions with healthcare providers

Day 17. Fatigue and muscle weakness seem better today. Libido is back and erections seem mildly better.

Big problem: I have a fast heart rate and feel winded. If this gets much worse Ill got to an ER because I know those are serious symptoms, but has anyone experienced this? My doctor prescribed me Propranolol to slow my heart rate. Has any PFS-er tried this? Im not going to take it anytime soon, but it may become a medical necessity.

Hey All,

I thought you might want another update. Day 24. Fatigue and muscle weakness seem to be better, but it depends on the hour of the day. Brain fog also seems slightly better but again it just depends on the hour of the day. Sexual function seems to have stabilized I think - at around 70% normal. Morning erections are still wonky but yeah, 70-75%. I still have weird pressure on bladder and I still wake up continuously throughout the night which is terribly frustrating. Some random ball pain and head pressure persists. My appetite for food has returned, which I hope is good news.

I am starting to hope that Iā€™m slowly recovering but Iā€™m terrified of another crash. I almost used a saw palmetto shampoo by accident but avoided that thankfully. Are there any other things I should do to build on this (tentative) improvement ? Iā€™m just terrified of feeling worse again.

Hey guys. Itā€™s officially been one month off. Feeling depressed today. I was doing better but today my sexual function is way down, hunger and appetite gone again, more problems sleeping out of nowhere. Weirdly enough I got morning erections but canā€™t get them on my own now. I was starting to hope I was on the other side of this thing but today just feels like a major setback. Is a zig zag recovery possible? I just feel so depressed to think Iā€™m slipping backwards

Hi guys.

I woke up today and many of my symptoms are back. Fatigue, weakness, mostly all of it. Iā€™m trying hard not to panic. Is it common or at least have yā€™all seen this before? Slow recovery and then a return of symptoms? Itā€™s about the same as before. Iā€™m trying to stay calm because I improved the first time but Iā€™m just in a dark place once again.

And just as a note: I didnā€™t try any supplements or medication and of course did not touch Fin, minoxidil, or anything like that. So Iā€™m not sure what trigger may or may not be

Have you suffered insomnia? Did you take any endocrine blood tests?

I would not say full insomnia. More like fitful sleeping.

I have had two blood tests but sadly both are post-fin and both seemed to be apparently normal

Actually I wrote this after I saw you got bloodwork done. In general you should Always get bloodwork done as a lot of guys come in here and never see a doctor. This could be 1 million other things other than fin. You could have mono for all you know. If you have not, Get a full hormone work up and ask for total T, free testosterone and SHBG, prolactin, ultra sensitive estrogen test. Save those tests for when you are 40 as you will want them for reference later in life!

Hey guys. Iā€™m in a very dark place right now. Physical symptoms (fatigue, weakness) seem to improve slowly and unevenly, but I woke up with awful anxiety and no libido and no appetite for food.

It has now been a little over a month since I quit. I guess Iā€™m just wondering if thereā€™s any hope for me or if Iā€™m looking more and more like Iā€™m condemned to PFS. I know that I need to wait more, but does anyone have advice? Just last week I thought I was doing so much better and now here I am. No appetite, worsening anxiety, poor sexual functionā€¦

Hey guys.

Fatigue, flu-like malaise, and weakness have intensified to a terrible degree. I feel constantly like Iā€™m battling an awful case of the flu (with no fever or cough obviously). I have absolutely zero appetite for food - completely repulsed by eating.

Has anyone seen improvements in these symptoms? This is really unbearable. Iā€™m begging for any advice or insight. Itā€™s been about a 5.5 weeks since I quit fin. I improved a lot around week three but here I am again.

Same story bro. At first it was not so bad but had a crash after month off. Then at about 2nd month off had a window of about 2 weeks with improvements such as better mood, sleep, emotions, motivation, was masturbating every day and then another crash and Iā€™m back to baseline but with better erections. Iā€™m hoping for more.

This place seems so dead these days.

Like everyones said its still early days so try not to worry too much pal! (easier said then done). Eat clean, plenty of water, stay active and try some meditation/breathing exercises. Try not to over analyse everything at such an early stage. Stay strong mate

Yes. I lost a lot of weight in the first months of PFS, sometimes wasnā€™t generating saliva when I chewed, lost my appetite. That part of it is much better now. Still havenā€™t recovered all of the weight lost but I eat well now. Read my member story thread to get an idea of how severe things were for me in that first period.

Hey guys.

Thanks again for responses. Thought Iā€™d post a Day 50 update.

Things seemed to have slowly stabilized. I wake up feeling slightly normal only to feel sickly and weak around 1-3 pm. Improve in the evening. Sexual function seems stable(ish) around 70% normal. Every so often I have ball/prostate pain and routine loss of appetite.

I canā€™t believe after 50 days I still am dealing with this. Itā€™s really depressing but Iā€™m still a bit better than my worst days I guess

You sound to have made good progress within 50 days, so stay strong you could recover big time. Try slowly to make light excersize (weight lifting for example) and try to sleep and relax well

Hey guys. Itā€™s been about 70 days (over two months) since quitting fin.

I wish I had better news. I thought I was doing better the past week or so, but my sexual function has declined really quickly and some insomnia has set in.

Feeling extremely depressed.