SSRIs and the wrong reaction

Kava may Reduce Growth of Prostate Cancer Tumors

Flavokawain B reduces prostate tumor growth, in part by reducing androgen receptors in prostate cells in mice and cell studies. Flavokawain B also kills tumor cells by activating the pathways that cause cell death (caspases and Bax)

Kava Components Down-Regulate Expression of AR and AR Splice Variants and Reduce Growth in Patient-Derived Prostate Cancer Xenografts in Mice

ssri made me suicidal and also had no effect on my condition

1 Like

Same here

1 Like

Did you find 5 gaba agonists to cycle with? Have you tried fermented foods to build up GABA? I rarely spasm when on these but when I stop the spasms increase.

1 Like

Gaba worked well for a while, prior to me realising I had PFS. Tried fermented food but only got benefit from a single serving. Can’t take either now as they cause an unwelcome heightening in symptoms

I took GABA 750mg and it gave me really scary air hunger. I havent taken it since. I drink Kombucha from time to time. I take a probiotic and eat yogurt from time to time. I think the solution are all the precursors to GABA. The brain needs to heal for these to work properly. I take a very high quality fish oil and try to meditate for at least 20 minutes every day. I think this may take a long time but will ultimately fix my neurotransmitter issue.

Anything I take to stimulate GABA causes a sex hormone crash. The worst crashes cause my libido to skyrocket for an hour then the next day my hip hurts, pure damage. I’m taking EPA fish oil once a day. I most likely need to fix my neurotransmitters too so anything you can recommend would be appreciated.

The hypothesis that depression is caused by serotonin imbalance is just a hypothesis which has been disproven and discredited but the general public and lazy doctors keep promoting it. That’s the power of drug companies. Go read an article or book by Irving Kirsch, PhD–he does a great job of explaining how antidepressant efficacy is basically a placebo effect and that other drugs used for depression have the opposite mechanism as the SSRIs!