Restoring androgen sensitivity with epigenetic modulators

Swanson’s is dirt cheap. And Swansons always has high-rated products, testing their products at independent labs. swansonvitamins.com/swanson … 0-veg-caps

this contain only 0.4%

Does this explain why some were having success with the broccoli treatment?

Personally the only time I felt something approaching normality sexually was a couple of days into first trying that, when I woke up without fatigue and had a strong erection and libido, as well as generally feeling good mentally. This was early after the crash period as well when things were a lot worse.

I also remember the user ‘way’ who had long term bad sexual sides had a recovery period too. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=373

I think previously positive effects were thought to be from ‘reducing estrogen’ or whatever rather than some cellular mechanism.

Reducing estrogen…hmmm that sounds it would have some positive affect on our condition. Why do you think after the crash there is seemingly not a mechanism in our body that would protect us from estrogenic effects?

Just thought I’d post this study I found. Thought it was interesting for the GHB/gene modulation discussion. Basically, it highlighted the impact of one “acute” dosage of GHB on gene expression in the hippocampus and frontal cortex. They identified over 200 genes that were altered after administration.

m.physiolgenomics.physiology.org … /146.short

1 Like

NY Scientist: this sounds most promising, thanks for posting how you are doing. Are you planning on taking sulforaphane long term, or weaning yourself off?

Thanks, and do keep us updated.

Davey

I’m interested in potentially trying this, but I’m unclear on the dosage. Is the idea to take 8 capsules together daily? Or just to do it once every few weeks?

He said 10 at one time (at once or over the course of a few hours) and he weighs 185. You might have to adjust for your weight. He saw results after a few weeks.

Do you think that it is worth trying?

What I’m confused about is that he wrote:

So it sounds like he took 8 pills, all at once, and then nothing more for several weeks. Then he took 10 pills, all at once, and a few weeks later felt results. No pills in between – just a total of 18. As opposed to what he’d been doing before, which involved taking 8/day every day. A very big difference. Just trying to be clear on exactly what he did. This seems like a very hopeful thread.

You missed his entire point. Go back and read his posts more carefully.

He stated – “During this time I reviewed the papers I referenced at the start of this thread, and realized that they typically just did a short treatment upfront, and this was sufficient to confer a persisting effect of resensitization to hormone. I thought that maybe it wasn’t as important to maintain steady state levels of sulforaphane, but rather to reach a concentration high enough for the compound to reach therapeutic levels and cause an acetylation event to occur.”

Yeah, I get that, I think. I wanted to make sure I was understanding it right – that what achieved results was basically two separate mega-doses, spaced a few weeks apart. Seemed a little unclear to me, hence I figured I’d ask.

so i ordered this broccoprotect , i will try it soon.

Just thought I shared an interesting article. Talks about needing to use a combination of drugs in order to reactivate anticancer genes. Maybe we need combination as well. Thats why its important to support the research.

sciencedaily.com/releases/20 … 094925.htm

1 Like

like what drugs?

Thats what the research is for… figuring out what drug or combination of drugs could be used to reverse any epigenetic changes.

““We showed in the late 1990s that if you got rid of the abnormal DNA methylation first, and then used a histone deacetylase inhibitor, you could enhance the re-expression of these abnormally silenced genes,” Baylin says…In addition to showing that the combination epigenetic therapy is well-tolerated and can be effective, the study, Rudin says, suggests that the silencing status of these four key genes may represent a “biomarker” of benefit from the combination therapy in non-small-cell lung cancer. It also suggests, he says, that the combination of azacitidine and entinostat can show favorable epigenetic effects at much milder doses than the cell-killing doses at which azacitidine was originally used in cancer patients.”

(sciencedaily.com/releases/20 … 094925.htm)

any news about that?

i took yesterday 1 capsule of broccoprotect, i will take 8-10 today.

I took 8 capsula of broccoprotect 5 days ago.
I think i feel worse, same feeling when i tried zinc.