Research officially underway in Kiel Thursday

I predict that the control group will experience faster healing of biopsy wounds than the study group. It is entirely logical to think the group with vascular abnormalities would experience delayed healing.

Is this something that will be analyzed? If I stand correct, do you think it would be informative or insightful to have that on record?

Not what we’re trying to achieve here although yes, I’m sure there’s a good chance that would be the case.

I recommend selecting patients with repeated drug use. I think intermittent drug use is the main cause of Pfs,These people tend to have more and more severe symptoms

1 Like

The study was designed with the top scientific brains in the field bro. Not your average researchers but sincerely world class subject matter experts

We’re likely covered pretty good

4 Likes

I was selected for the study and I did the finasteride restart many times. More than 10.

1 Like

For the current study? How are you doing its been a longtime since you last posted. Have you had any improvements in the interim years.

I think because you show all the symptoms and you’re under 30.

Was sample collection completed? I think there was a thread that talked more about the timeline but I can’t find it.

1 Like

I think it’s February (first intake completed), April and then June. Not sure about the status of April and June. But February sample collection is done.

2 Likes

The second group of samples arrived in the lab in Kiel yesterday. Thanks to the patients who participated - @SkinDiesel @Aquarius330 @alex94 @airforlife - it is greatly appreciated.

14 Likes

And thank you for the transparency Sugarhouse.

So if this turns out that the chromatin has been severely altered and basically has stopped gene transcription then that’s it??

1 Like

I don’t think there’s much use in dealing in what-ifs at this point. If it turns out chromatin structure is affected, we’ll have another clue as to what’s going on.

Our goal has always been to get to mechanistic understanding first. Once that happens, we’ll at least have an idea of what’s happening, and hopefully a therapeutic target.

7 Likes

why focus on an extreme doom scenario that assumes science and technology doesnt progress further?

too many anecdotes of people getting better, even momentarily, from taking 5ari’s to assume theres no solution available either now or in the future

4 Likes

Hi, I have a question out of curiosity which is probably not relevant. Is there a base with all the differently expressed genes from Baylor study released/saved for public/researcher view or the data is only available in the publication?

I believe the data is only available in the publication.

I was wondering whether this base would be useful for the Kiel or Melcangi study or for some future analysis when the technology or knowledge progresses. But still I don’t have enough knowledge to tell. Though I feel like such a small community would benefit from high levels of transparency and sort of open source approach.

It’s not easy or practical to share massive datasets like that unfortunately. Plus there’s a requirement for patients to consent having their data shared, which didn’t happen with Baylor, and all the issues with GDPR, etc.

Plus, a lot of institutions are going to very guarded about who they share their data with.

Does this mean there can be no effort to replicate the Baylor results with the new samples before performing new analyses?

I’m not sure what you mean sorry. This study was never meant to replicate the results of Baylor.