Recovery didnt last

@Hehehe, Thanks a lot for mentioning your experiment with finasteride as a treatment for post-Accutane sexual dysfucntion. You have no idea how many people ask me if I know of anyone who tried this. I know of 2 people posting recoveries on the long “repairing damage” thread on acne.org, but they vanished without following-up. There was also a member of this forum who used finasteride to combat hair loss after Accutane and fell into a much worse condition.

Sorry to hear the benefits didn’t last, but this isn’t surprising either, for the reasons discussed in @axolotl’s link.

Did you do this a’ la Kevin Pezzi, where you cycled, or did you take fin daily during this time?

1 Like

Hi Hehehe,

I am sorry this is happening to you, but you have come to the right place. Here we are trying to solve the mystery around persistent side effects after the use of Finasteride, GnRH analogs, anti-depressants, Isotretinoin (Accutane) and other endocrine disruptors. We believe that they have a common mechanism that leads to the same set of persistent side effects in a subset of predisposed patients.

The good news from your story is that your temporary recoveries suggest that we may not be irreversibly damaged and that with proper androgenetic signaling restored we may recover all or most of what we have lost. To get there, we have a lot of work to do. You can do your part by reporting your side effects to the German authorities (https://nebenwirkungen.pei.de/nw/DE/home/home_node.html) to increase awareness and by contributing to our community projects (Important Announcement: Two Community-Led Research Projects - Please Participate).

There is more to come, so it’s worth sticking around. If you feel more comfortable to post in German, there is also a newly introduced German language sub-forum here (https://forum.propeciahelp.com/c/de).

Good luck/viel Glück!

1 Like

Yeah its really frustating, but what can we do beside of trying to find a unihersal cure. What are you guys experience with Testosteron replacement therapy? I heard of a couple of accutane victims it has brought them back.
For the guys with pfs it seems to be not working at all

1 Like

Did those who recover on acne.org said that they are 100% back? For how long they were damaged? Can you give more details if its possible? Thanks Dubya…

Yes. There were 2 full recoveries posted. One said he tapered his way up to 5mg daily of finasteride, then quit when he was feeling better and the recovery stuck when he quit.

The other, I think cycled 1mg, would feel worse, then recover above baseline. He claimed to have repeated this process until fully recovered.

You can find these stories if you feel like sifting through all 600+ pages of the repairing damage thread.

Would absolutely advise against following suit because we have seen several guys on here who had some trouble with Accutane get much worse from taking finasteride. And because these posters appeared out of the blue, claimed to be long term sufferers who recovered, then vanished without a trace. It wouldn’t be surprising if they eventually crashed again and neglected to return to state so.

2 Likes

Thanks Dubya, also, i want to reach you. Something is happening to me and i don’t know why. Can you please take a look on it? I mentioned your name in my thread. The notification should reach you.

Hi
Short update, tried high testosteron therapy and felt very good for about a month then slowly started to get worse again and stopped. Now on low dose test for 4 month feel ok. Not like a real recovery but have no more sexual sides. Can have sex 4-5 times a week with no problems but if I overdo feel no libido for couple of days. I really can live normal like this so I am not gonna change anything until I get worse again or if

3 Likes

@Hehehe Would you please take our Post-Drug Syndrome Patient Survey?

The data generated so far has already generated interest from some world leading scientists/researchers. The more data entrants we have, the stronger our case and the likelier we will receive the interest and funding our problem so desperately needs.

The survey can be accessed through the bar-graph icon at the top of your screen after you have posted a member story, and remember, the survey can be halted at any time and continued at a later time/date.

We are particularly short on Isotretinoin respondents so your participation would be especially appreciated.

Thank you.

1 Like

When you say high how much are you taking a week and are you converting to estrogen easily? Sounds interesting good to hear your baseline improving

I have no bloodwork because I dont get it from a doctor so I dont know my estrogen. I took 700-800mg first. Now I take 75 mg.

Did you have any erect size issues? If so did they come back to 100% normal? Girtg/length? And hardness?

What about orgasm intensity and sensivity, you think they are reversible?

ffs.

1 Like

Yes I have size issues. My dick was getting bigger during my first recovery even bigger than before I took accutane I think. When I took accutane it was shrunk 20-30% and its still like that at the moment. Only thing I notice since testosterone therapy is that it has more blood when its not errect

1 Like

Oh and my perineum is always soft even when my dick is errect

Hey, how are you doing lately? Can you please tell me how did you use finasteride? I mean dosage and fow how long? Maybe you cycled it? I can’t find dr Kevin Pezzi’s book where he mentions this method. Can anyone please share me what he suggests? This is my last resort and i will try that too but i want to know the dosage.

Hi mate, how are you doing lately? Does TRT still work for you and did you change anything i your protocol. I hope you’re doing well man.

Hello I am still on Trt 75mg week without AI. I think im gonna need it lifelong. I feel good like not before accutane but I really have good days where I dont remember that Im sick. Sexually Im fine. Can have sex whenever I want. I still have sleeping issues sometimes but I attack that with ashwagandha which I really can recommend. Depression is gone Aggression is back. Overall I would say like 80-90% recovered. Before trt I had good days too but really rare. I hope everyone is doing good and will keep you updated some times

1 Like

Hello,
Thanks for posting your update. I hope you’re gonna recover 100% with time.
Could you tell please, how long it took for you to recover from the sexual sides since the beginning of the PAS? Also, have you ever experienced genital sensitivity issues?

That is a very Hard question because it was always an up and down. I am now 13 years in Pas. I was never impotent completely I always could have sex bit sometimes it was a struggle to stay up. I also never had no Libido or no interest in women. I think its alot mental issues here. You dont can stress yourself about it to much than you will 100% get better. I would say like 3 years now I have 90% sexually recovered.

1 Like

Many thanks for replying in detail. I’d say I’ve almost recovered mentally, but my body is still clearly far from that. It could be connected with the higher dose and longer exposure to isotretinoin that I experienced.

1 Like